See You in Oshkosh 2023!

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I'm launching tomorrow, hope to see a bunch of you there. I plan to be there Friday until they run out of work for me! I'll be wearing a yellow EAA PHOTO vest again this year. I'll try to get back on this thread and post my vest number when I get it. If you see me say hello. I'll be camping in Vintage with my plane.

Reply to this thread and tell us when you'll be there, where you'll be camped, a photo of your plane, etc.

This is my girlfriend Leslie and me, our camp will look something like this, but she'll have way more Texas stuff up! If she's there and I'm not, say hello. She's way more social than I am and she'll love to meet you.

Attachments

• IMG_9290.jpeg
    IMG_9290.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9291.jpeg
    IMG_9291.jpeg
    754.1 KB · Views: 78
Arriving Thursday parking VAC. Too much going on to take a whole week this year.

Arriving Friday 28th. Planning to be at GAC N or S. I don't know which aircraft yet (you know... renter life) :)

I'm making my first trip to Oshkosh! I've wanted to go since high school, and having retired at the end of May I finally have time. So it only took 50 years...

Planned arrival Sunday mid-day, leaving Thursday morning. I've got a ride with someone who's done it a few times and is planning on arriving on an IFR flight plan. I suspect we'll be parking/camping in the South 40, but who knows.

Undecided. Only an hour away so depends on work, but only going for a day.

Arriving Friday the 21st IFR. We'll be parked in HBP, and staying in a rented RV at Sleepy Hollow, site #44.

I'll try to find you Jack. I'm going up tomorrow to grab a decent N40 spot and will stick around a couple days before going home to get kids and come back Monday.

We need to coordinate a POA photo at our new brown arch brick. I'm thinking wed afternoon will catch the most people?

I have space for a short-wing plane in my hangar for the week if any storms roll through. Based at 91C.

Be there Wed and Thurs and possibly Fri morning. Staying at the UWO Dorm (aka Camping for Old Guys)

Great idea about the Brick / Brown Arch photo. I’ll be working the Seaplane Pilots Association booth until 1300 Wed so afternoon will be best. JimK, we need a thread for the photo.

I am driving to AirVenture and staying Monday through Saturday at a motel in Neenah, WI.

I am visiting the Air Force museum in Dayton, OH and the WACO museum in Troy, OH before heading over to Mentone, Indiana for the Popular Rotorcraft Association Convention.

Wish I could go this year but I think I must wait till next year when I'm IFR rated and have a little more experience under me.

I’ll be there Saturday-Friday (22nd-28th)

I’ll be parked and staying at Hilton Garden Inn - one of the three Citations on the ramp.

I usually go early, didn’t do anything special this year with work. Right now it’s Friday the 28th for me, works out better for relatives that want to go.

Any reports of how fast the North 40 is filling up this week? The last couple of years it was half full by Friday!

We'll see all y'all Monday thru Friday.;)

My son and I are driving in Sunday and leaving Saturday.....in this baby.

Attachments

• IMG_6642.jpg
    IMG_6642.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Is there a PoA polo shirt day? I’ll vote Friday

Arriving Friday (21st) through Sunday (29th).

I wish I had a POA shirt. LOL @RyanB

My team will be in Flock Realty Group T's. Hope to see some POA people there.

Last edited:
ok. When is the jambalaya party?

I’ll be at Rock the Ramp Friday as well. My plane must be faster because I’m pretty sure I’ll make it to OSH on Saturday.
HAHA!

I have a thing in Traverse City on Saturday.
Flying the hornet's nest approach on Sunday with the rest of the Kamikazes.

Unless I can find someone going up for day, overnight, or even just a one-way ride from Central Tennessee (HAPPY to pay my share!), this will be the first year I have missed a show since 2003. Kinda bummed, but just no spare time this year.

I'll be there Friday (tomorrow! :happydance:) until 7/29,30. My big event is the inaugural Flying Musician's Association Irish Music Session on Thursday night. Otherwise lots of seminars.

Shooting for a Friday early afternoon arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHA!

I have a thing in Traverse City on Saturday.
Flying the hornet's nest approach on Sunday with the rest of the Kamikazes.
Well, midday Sunday is probably the safest time to cross the lake. With the Mac race starting Saturday, my guess is you’ll see most of the ~280 boats on a latitude between KLDM and KFKS between sunrise and early afternoon.

My wife and I are going in a RV camper this year. Haven't been there since 2018. Leaving in about 4 hours driving, about a 9 hrs drive for us. Looking forward to it. Vacation away from work!!

Here's a reminder now is the time to book next year's hotel room.

N40 full yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back