See You in Oshkosh 2023!

N40 full yet?
emoji57.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Full up to 509, which is less than halfway from the registration building to the green shower building. A40 arrival is tomorrow at 7am, but I don't know where they're being parked. Cessna's are tomorrow afternoon, but I think they're limited to 50 this year.

Arrivals look slower than I thought they'd be this morning.

What do the boots on the ground say? Where's N40 parking at?

I'm departing Madison in a bit and heading in.
Madison is surprisingly quiet. They're parking overnighters on the south ramp across rwy32 and letting the Mooney Caravan have the main ramp at the FBO. I've already filed a complaint :devil:

Last edited:
Arrivals look slower than I thought they'd be this morning.

What do the boots on the ground say? Where's N40 parking at?

I'm departing Madison in a bit and heading in.
Madison is surprisingly quiet. They're parking overnighters on the south ramp across rwy32 and letting the Mooney Caravan have the main ramp at the FBO. I've already filed a complaint :devil:
They were still filling 511 as of an hour ago. Arrivals have been light this morning. I'm thinking I'm going to do Fri morning next year.

For one of those that again can't make OSH, I appreciate the photos and updates you all are placing here ... thanks again ...

For one of those that again can't make OSH, I appreciate the photos and updates you all are placing here ... thanks again ...
X2 on this...Maybe next year I'll make it

I'm surprised how many get there so far in advance. I mean, considering that it doesn't start til monday and all...

I'm surprised how many get there so far in advance. I mean, considering that it doesn't start til monday and all...

20537fcb54b0cb1289b66f957ccd1d5d.jpg

For those that are up here Friday, anyone want to meet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm making my first trip to Oshkosh! I've wanted to go since high school, and having retired at the end of May I finally have time. So it only took 50 years...

Planned arrival Sunday mid-day, leaving Thursday morning. I've got a ride with someone who's done it a few times and is planning on arriving on an IFR flight plan. I suspect we'll be parking/camping in the South 40, but who knows.
Following your thread with great interest. I also just retired (in April), always wanted to fly in, and now I have the time. I'm putting my notes together to get ready for 2024. Hope you don't mind if I PM you asking about prepping, etc.

I'm getting the drift that by Sunday it's already full and no place to park.

I’ve been handing out a few paint show discounts this week …:)

Following your thread with great interest. I also just retired (in April), always wanted to fly in, and now I have the time. I'm putting my notes together to get ready for 2024. Hope you don't mind if I PM you asking about prepping, etc.
Feel free to reach out-I’m happy to provide perspective as a first-timer, even though I only did the Fisk arrival as a passenger

We arrived around 1:30 Sunday, and we’re parked waaayyy back in the South 40, but as of Tuesday morning there was still parking available there. Lots of planes have been leaving today, freeing up space for mid-week arrivals.

Back