Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cool Places to Fly' started by RyanB, Jan 11, 2018.
So it's only thursday. They're saying cloudy/pcloudy on Saturday, but how do you know how low?
Current forecast is 2,000-3,000 at 10 am increasing to 3,100-6,500 by 1pm and pretty much staying that way for the rest of the afternoon.
Even better here in the Triangle: http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KRDU&state=NC
Well, I just found out the airplane I was going to fly is down with a maintenance issue. So unless I go with someone else...
...and it was starting to look better too
You're pretty liberal with your reporting.
I'll be in PA on the 24th. Some other time..
I'm still in.
Now 3,100-6,500 in the morning too. Starts like that early Friday afternoon and runs until late in the night on Saturday. At least the forecast for LZU.
The forecast for tomorrow is looking pretty good right now:
KATL 231615Z 2316/2418 17008KT P6SM BKN015
TEMPO 2316/2317 3SM BR OVC005
FM231800 17009KT P6SM BKN050 BKN100
FM240000 16007KT P6SM SCT050 BKN120
FM240500 13004KT P6SM OVC100
FM240900 14004KT P6SM OVC050
FM241500 19008KT P6SM SCT250
Still a maybe for me:
FM240800 17002KT P6SM VCSH OVC040
Waiting for the next set to come out. Other outlets calling for rain showers during the morning and increasing throughout the day.
Tomorrow’s progs for 12z and 00z
That's the problem with a moisture influx. As we know, a small temp/dewpoint spread can move the air from clouds to sun in seconds.
TAF for CLT is indicating low ceilings in the morning. Still waiting for tomorrow, but not looking good.
Oh good grief. Just got a text at lunch from the guy doing new granite counter tops for us and he wants to install them tomorrow. He texted to "confirm" the date, but that was the first time he's told me a date for the install. My wife has plans to play tennis starting at the same time I'm planning on leaving for LZU.
Gotta get this worked out.
I really didn't think he'd be done with them this quickly.
I'm out. The airplane I wanted to take came down with a cold and then I found my friend who I wanted to bring to our lunch was unable to attend. Flying that airplane and seeing my friend were two big reasons for taking the trip.
And I'm back in. I just found out I don't have to go to south Georgia tomorrow.
Don’t forget who’s the customer.
Sorry I won't be there
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Then have her skip tennis
Now I’m out. Unforeseen bidness.
90% sure I'll be there. What's the count?
I wish it was that easy. Stuff needs to be disconnected and reconnected and who knows what else.
Got them to move it to Monday. I’ll just work from home that day.
So I’m back in for tomorrow.
What really bummed me is I also missed the fly-in lunch at GMU due to a conflict. And then suddenly here was a new conflict.
We have a small sink on the small island that we are getting rid of. Having the sink there sounded like a good idea when we built the house, but we rarely use it other than to fill the dog’s water bowl. Got the insinkerator pulled. Now I have time on Sunday to cap off the drain pipe. I can pull the counter off for light or work space, which will make it easier.
I'm out. Drove past KLZU this morning, northbound. Landing traffic at ATL had clear corkscrew vapor trails coming off the flaps. Clouds started just before the state line in AL, thinned north of Atlanta and it was beautiful, puffy cumulus coming across South Carolina . My wife was disappointed that we had to drive, but the boat won't fit in the Mooney . . . .
Yeah, me, too. The wife is leaving without me in the morning. Was looking forward to seeing you.
Just got off of the phone with the briefer and I’m going to have to bow out on this one unfortunately. Too many questionable variables around my proposed time of departure and along part of my route. Not exactly the weather I would typically fly a VFR XC.
I am out gents. I look will be looking for the next one.
Them were chemtrails my friend!
Lousy ceilings until noon in Central NC. I so have to get my IFR.
Is this a reschedule?
Nope. Still on.
Sounds like some of the locals are still planning to meet up, but as for several of the out of town folks, myself included, are not going to make it.
It’s a reschedule for me.
I wanted to wait as long as possible before doing so but it looks like I'm going to cancel as well. Hopefully the skies will be generous this afternoon for some local flying.
Great effort Ryan. See ya at the reschedule! (knock on wood)
Thanks! I’m going to try to get some local flying in later too.
We’ll try for a reschedule in the coming weeks!
Weather is great in the area. I’ll be there around 11:30. Sorry it’s not ok for everyone
Ok Ryan and I are going to launch in the mooney, If we run into something we don’t like, will turn around. Otherwise, we’ll see you guys at lunch!
At Copperhill airport and preflighting. Some low clouds around but looks like it may be OK to the southeast. Plan on giving it a shot.
Now light rain. Lower clouds moving in from the SW. Combined with higher terrain to cross enroute, I’m pulling the plug.
Maybe next time.