which weekend

• 4/23-25

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 4/30 - 5/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got some hella winds at my home drome and severe turbulence in Urgent Pireps (never seen that in ForeFlight until today) reported in route. I may wait it out til later today or just try in the morning.

Got some hella winds at my home drome and severe turbulence in Urgent Pireps (never seen that in ForeFlight until today) reported in route. I may wait it out til later today or just try in the morning.
Glad to see the wind forecast at 2i3 has actually gone down since this morning. Blowing 30 here, but it's right down 32. I think we'll go at 9500 and hopefully that will get us above it.

Just a reminder...pictures by 5/2! Or it didn't happen. :cool:

Some might prefer the lack of evidence.

In that instance the stories we will make up here and spread around the wwweb will be far more incriminating. :eek::D

on time????

Inconceivable!!

View attachment 95931

LOL. Diverted to bumfvk KY for fuel and to validate my wings are still attached. Worst turb I’ve ever been in. Thing is, winds are gonna pick up here, but at least seem a steady direct xwind at RR. 1 hour from here, will prob head out in a half hour or when I get my balls back.

LOL. Diverted to bumfvk KY for fuel and to validate my wings are still attached. Worst turb I’ve ever been in. Thing is, winds are gonna pick up here, but at least seem a steady direct xwind at RR. 1 hour from here, will prob head out in a half hour or when I get my balls back.
I saw you trying every altitude out there - good luck. Don't toss your cookies.

50 it headwinds the whole way from Atlanta. Gusty strong XWind at 2I3 made for interesting approach and landing. And I left my wife’s garment bag in the car back at the hangar. Otherwise everything great at Rough River.

Yall have a great time this weekend!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You guys have an awesome time! I will definitely be making this next year! Put me down for bourbon and brisket! Work and other commitments have really hamstrung me this year.

50 it headwinds the whole way from Atlanta. Gusty strong XWind at 2I3 made for interesting approach and landing. And I left my wife’s garment bag in the car back at the hangar. Otherwise everything great at Rough River.

So you're saying you left your wife's clothes in the hangar? Just what kind of weekend is this?

Ya'll have fun. Maybe at BryVenture.

ee19f9ecaaf3c604a2e7c6bb37caaf19.jpg

I heard the turbulence was pretty bad, seems to more common these days. Have fun, have to work this weekend. Maybe next year I will get to go.

I loaded up a few cigars for @eman1200 for I can’t remember what (some bet or something I lost), but didn’t make it there this year. Sorry, next time. I’ll be at OSH.

Not sure where else to write since I don’t have a lot of contact info but doors open for anyone that wants to retrieve their food and drinks! We will be around for a bit yet.

thanks for fun weekend if we don’t see you before we go!

-Mrs Moo

Great pictures! Thanks for posting. The rest of us are envious, and sorry we missed it.
Wishing all a smooth(er) flight home!

When is the what happens at Rough River stays at Rough River stuff going to be released?

rr2021-jpg.95964

Names for the faces? I'll take a shot from seated left to right.
Dwight Eisenhower, Cowdude, Cowchick, Guy wearing gray shirt, Gray shirt's wife, sort of looks like Dave, younger dude, Eman, Maroon shirt guy, Don't suck guy, Cool Beard guy, Briany, Kevin, Blue shirt guy.

Okay, I took a shot. You guys can fill in the blanks.

Back