Robin Williams

kayoh190

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Kayoh@190
One of the greats. Damn. :(

I knew he had some demons, but I didn't think it was that bad. Definitely one of my favorites, and was a big part of my earlier years, up through today.

RIP.

I remember him from Mork and Mindy

Oh, man, so sad, and only 63. Bi-polarism (is that a word?) is such a nasty affliction.

One of my favorite comedians.

Here's my all time favorite skit of his.

absolutely not safe for work

http://youtu.be/pcnFbCCgTo4

Just when we could use a little more humor. RIP

I've been making my living for over 30 years doing radio and TV voice-over work, and Robin Williams was one of my true heroes. The things he could do with his voice and his characterizations were beyond amazing.

And nobody could match his sharp wit and ability to improv! Some of his stuff with Johnny Carson on the Tonight show are TV classics.

Jonathan Winters has company now. May you both keep everyone laughing up there!!

RIP, Robin.

Mike

Wow... I remember wearing out a cassette tape of an early album of his, laughing my tuckus off each time I played it. His ability to do really good improv for 90-120 minutes was amazing.

This truly crushes my heart, a man so seemingly full of life and intelligence and humor to sucumb to such demons of illness....::(:cryin:

I grew up watching him, from Mork and Mindy in my teen years to his movies and TV shows. Great performer, sometimes we can't see what's going on behind the funny faces and wise cracks. RIP

This truly crushes my heart, a man so seemingly full of life and intelligence and humor to sucumb to such demons of illness....::(:cryin:

Yes. Abnormal psychology is ubiquitous. Mental illness does not discriminate.

It is sad to see so many ultra talented people succumb to the combined demons of drugs, alcohol, and mental illness.

I look for Britney Speers, like Amy Winehouse did, join him one day in the not too distant future.

Took the wife and kids camping this weekend and made comments about how our trip was like the movie RV.

I'm going to miss him.

Took the wife and kids camping this weekend and made comments about how our trip was like the movie RV.

I'm going to miss him.

After dragging the camper to OSH it has always a ritual to watch RV anytime we go somewhere. Wonderful movie and probably wouldn't have been near as good without Robin Williams.

Wow, little sadness with each draining of the black tank instead of smiling.

Brilliant comedian and actor. So many amazing movies. Such a tragic loss....the cruelest way to hurt those you love the most.

:cryin: RIP Robin! Depression gets harder to run from when you get older. The high of fame and fortune loses it power. It is profoundly sad. I would have liked to see more of him in dramatic roles. He were fabulously talented. Good Will Hunting is one of my all time favorites.

Yes. Abnormal psychology is ubiquitous. Mental illness does not discriminate.

Bull****. If it is ubiquitous it is not abnormal. The truth is Robin Williams was a gifted man. The truth also is he was possessed of demons. Don't kid yourself by trying to placate the consequences of his choices. APA would have you believe there is a gene for every thing under the sun. Good grief.

Also, spare me. It is not like your sibling died. Get over it, people die every minute of every hour. Does his humor - as NSFW and foul - make him into anything special? Do you worship celebrity?

My comment is not necessarily directed solely to Corpsmaide.

Don't kid yourself by trying to placate the consequences of his choices.
As a person who has a couple of close family members who are bipolar I can assure you that that they have no choice.

Last edited:
Good morning Viet Nam

I got to spend an evening with the real Adrian Cronauer, a rather sweet man.
He says everybody always asks about how much of the movie was real. He says the only thing that it had in common with reality was the fact that he was in Viet Nam.

Still four more movies to come including "merry freakin' christmas" due out in Nov.

:)

As a person who has a couple of close family members who are bipolar I can assure you that that they have no choice.

Is that the verdict? So anyone who chooses self-initiated transitional therapy, aka, suicide, because they also may suffer from bipolar that the only explanation of their choice is their affliction? Even if that is what the coroner's report says, is bipolar the all encompassing answer? How about so and so decided to kill themselves? Occam's razor, et cetera. What you propose is that bipolar is the 91.13 of afflictions which will likely, only a matter of time, case mayhem or destruction of life. It's the wild card even when other answers are more plausible.

BTW: I have two very dear friends who are bipolar. It can be nerve rattling even when I try to create distance for my own sanity. However, I hasten to add that those same persons will often try to focus the attention of others onto their affliction. As if to say, the reason I did that (unwanted behavior) was because of...bipolar. I stand opposed to that. Bipolar is not a get out of jail free card.

Last edited:
Is that the verdict? So anyone who chooses self-initiated transitional therapy, aka, suicide

We were talking bipolar, not suicide, at least I was.

But now that you mention it, I don't have a problem with someone deciding to leave this planet on their own terms either. Probably because I don't buy into the whole "sanctity of life" tenet either.

however, I hasten to add that those same persons will often try to focus the attention of others onto their affliction. As if to say, the reason I did that (unwanted behavior) was because of...bipolar. I stand opposed to that. Bipolar is not a get out of jail free card.

Bullsh!t

Back