"Regional airport"

At least Rockford and Denver are in the same state as the city they're pretending to serve.

HEF, IAD, DCA, and CVG for example are all in completely different states than what they claim to serve.

I was on a flight (Delta or Comair or something) that diverted to CVG. On landing, a woman was loudly protesting that she didn't want to be in Ohio. I told her that I had more bad news for her, she wasn't in Ohio, but Kentucky.

I was on a flight (Delta or Comair or something) that diverted to CVG. On landing, a woman was loudly protesting that she didn't want to be in Ohio. I told her that I had more bad news for her, she wasn't in Ohio, but Kentucky.

Actually, everybody in Ohio was in Kentucky earlier in life but managed to escape.

CVG is short for Covington (KY) so it's correct.

Cheers

At least Rockford and Denver are in the same state as the city they're pretending to serve.

HEF, IAD, DCA, and CVG for example are all in completely different states than what they claim to serve.

There is also "Gary Chicago International" in Gary, Indiana.

Actually, everybody in Ohio was in Kentucky earlier in life but managed to escape.

CVG is short for Covington (KY) so it's correct.

Cheers

True that CVG stands for Covington but the airport's official name is "Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport"

I wonder how many other airports there are that are in one state but named after a city in another.

[
I wonder how many other airports there are that are in one state but named after a city in another.

The airport named for Cumberland, MD is in Wiley Ford, WV.

Last edited:
They still haven't moved that and FTG to the Kansas charts?! I want someone's butt! LOL
Everything east of tower road is Kansas. It was given to Kansas to settle the water rights dispute. No one has been brave enough to announce it and you know how the water rights board is...

OLM - Olympia Regional Airport
PWT - Bremerton National Airport

Where did the names "regional" and "national" come from? And OLM has a tower (8 am to 8 pm), PWT does not. Sometimes I think it is a term of aggrandizement by the naming authority.

Back