• Revocation by FAA of two pilots

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • All Red Bull personnel with certificates have them revoked

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Falling on his sword to protect others?

I’m more wondering how much he’s getting paid to put that out there.
9c20b2e5a850baf3cb237bd967bbac50.jpg

Can you believe some folks add it to their scotch? Eeew
I never liked straight Red Bull, but back in the day drop a shot of Jäegermeister into a glass of Red Bull and shoot the whole thing and now you’re talking.

A lot of good memories were made/lost with Jager bombs.

Falling on his sword to protect others?

That seems possible to me. Maybe just the most sensible thing to do. But benefit of the doubt, maybe he's realizing the best thing to do is admit the error and take the hit. That doesn't seem to happen very often.

Will this insulate the other pilot?

Also, all it does is remove intent for many others. Generally a criminal law concept... this is ADMINISTRATIVE.

Notwithstanding, it doesn’t hurt anything. It probably isn’t entirely accurate. But it’s still kinda the right way to do things.

My question is why would you ask if you don’t mind going without? Just do it. This was a lot less dangerous to society than me flying over a golf course and walmart with students every day...

But clearly not a superb landing as they can't reuse the airplane.

I really wish I could find a copy of the cartoon we used to have hanging up in our flight school. It starts off stating "A good landing is one you can walk away from." The main panel shows an airplane crashed inside a barn. The pilot says "How's my landing?" and the passenger/instructor looks around and says "middling."

While I feel the punishment is justified, I do have to wonder about an "emergency revocation" taking 2.5 weeks to implement, for an event that was well-publicized, recorded and in clear violation of the waiver disapproval.

@EdFred , the link works for me.
I was wondering the same. Heck, they could have copy and pasted Trevor Jacob's order and changed the names and details. They probably could have met them in the ground with the order on Sunday afternoon if they had gotten the travel and comp time approved.

Weird I even navigated to that link from CNN's site and still get the uh-oh.

If I open in private mode (Firefox) it works though. Must be something with tracking/blocking/cookies.
That's it. I use Firefox with NoScript and uBlock being the wary sort that I am. We're both good.

I was wondering the same. Heck, they could have copy and pasted Trevor Jacob's order and changed the names and details. They probably could have met them in the ground with the order on Sunday afternoon if they had gotten the travel and comp time approved.

Hahaha Travel and Comp Time approved.... I barely got overtime approved on a multiple fatal that had me on a remote mountain top for three days.

While I feel the punishment is justified, I do have to wonder about an "emergency revocation" taking 2.5 weeks to implement, for an event that was well-publicized, recorded and in clear violation of the waiver disapproval.

Less than a month is next-day service from the government.

@EdFred , the link works for me.
Two weeks is not long for the FAA to get its ducks in a row. And you probably know that the major import of it being an emergency revocation is that it goes into effect now, with the potentially lengthy process coming after, rather than the other way around.

Back