Re-using drained fuel?

Given that I schlep fuel in 5 gallon cans all the time, I don't see much issue with re-using what was drained.

When draining, I would suggest a can sitting on the ground, and a somewhat conductive hose that runs all the way to the can. Free falling fuel can generate static. Note that typical black fuel line that you buy at the auto parts store has enough carbon in it to drain any static.

I know a guy that ran 20 gallons of 100L (mixed with 24 more gallons of unleaded) through his 1999 Suburban back in July. The truck ran great, although the "check engine" light came on toward the end of the tank. Two refills later (about 1000 miles) it reset itself... I won't testify that the Cat converter is 100% normal, but at nearly 200k miles on the truck I see no ill effects.

-YMMV!

But if you just dump it on the ramp, it just disappears...

While it is true that it may disappear to the mark 1, mod x eyeball it is untrue that it disappears from the environment.

There is never a reason to dump any form of gasoline on the ground. Just learn to say that you won't do that...

While it is true that it may disappear to the mark 1, mod x eyeball it is untrue that it disappears from the environment.

There is never a reason to dump any form of gasoline on the ground. Just learn to say that you won't do that...
But the EPA can contaminate a whole river system and it's OK.

Why do you say it's okay for the EPA to contaminate something?
Because no one has done anything about it, or made the government do any thing about it, the guys who caused it still have their jobs

We suck it out with our defuel truck and pump it back into our system via a set of filters. I just pulled almost 8000 lbs off a bird tonight to do a tank drain change.

Thanks for the recommendation for Mr. Funnel. I purchased one on Amazon. It caught all sorts of nasty stuff like dirt and what looked like red algae from either the 55 gallon drum we used to store the fuel or the 5 gal containers we used to transfer. Well worth the few dollars for the filter.

And, pray tell, where did the source of the gasoline come from?

Jim

Another option, if you're using a tug or small engined something without emissions equipment (cat or o2 sensors), dump it in there.

One of my last jobs invloved a 206 and a little gas tug, after sumping we'd dump it into the tug, worked great, think that tug probably burned exactly as much as we sumped for each pull in and out cycle lol

Another option, if you're using a tug or small engined something without emissions equipment (cat or o2 sensors), dump it in there.

One of my last jobs invloved a 206 and a little gas tug, after sumping we'd dump it into the tug, worked great, think that tug probably burned exactly as much as we sumped for each pull in and out cycle lol

I know for a fact that my mower/tug will move my twin approximately 1.5x the distance to the fuel pumps on 12oz of Avgas, sumped into a 12oz water bottle...

I had to replace the gaskets on my fuel sender. Filled up a bunch of 5-gal cans and then syphoned it back in through a Mr. Filter when the maintenance was done. I put the can on a box so the bottom was above the Mr. Filter and the syphon nearly emptied the can. Takes about three minutes a can.

Back