Pros and Cons of living full-time in a Motorhome?

We could only run one A/C on our gen-set which would have been fine also.
Being in the PNW, we seldom run our AC, but we can run both off the Onan. we've needed it when we are on the east coast, and in Texas.
We normally pump the coach temp down using both then shut off the front when we retire for the night. If we are running off the Onan, we turn both off and shut down.

AZ comfort zone

Attachments

• 20160316_113301.jpg
    20160316_113301.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20160316_153652.jpg
    20160316_153652.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 30
<cut,edit>You want to hear some irony @denverpilot ? I may even decide to let you teach me "how to fly". Get your s**t together dude and become a great instructor. I miss flying across the hills and plains and it's time I get back in to it again. Who knows, we may even fly around CO, WY, NE, looking for planes to buy and ship off to Wichita to have refurbished. :p

Oh, I feel a whole new epic thread coming! I can’t WAIT!!!

And it'll be loooong if Nate teaches him, and posts the lesson results. Right Nate? Nate? C'mon man, just ribbin' ya a little.

He said he is going to write a novella on it

Lol novella? More like volumes, I predict at least 5 volumes. :D

And it'll be loooong if Nate teaches him, and posts the lesson results. Right Nate? Nate? C'mon man, just ribbin' ya a little.
I am concerned about Nate...seriously

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes there are a lot of pull thru s in campgrounds, but almost every camp we have been in the Super C can't get in or out of them because of the turn radius, they simply can't get around the corners in the camp. they over night where the 18 wheelers do. road side rests.

You've definitely got a lot to learn about the big rig RV world there 'Ole Son.

Newmar Essex - 45 ft. length w/292" wheelbase
Prevost X3-45 - 45 ft. length w/334" wheelbase
Renegade Classic - 45 ft. length w/330" wheelbase

Help me out here. How is it that a large DP Newmar or a Prevost (pulling the same size trailer as mine) can turn in to an RV campground and easily park, but somehow my Class 8 RV can't? :dunno:

You're starting to sound a little pathetic here Tom. :rolleyes:

All BS aside... Nate seems pretty knowledgeable on all the IT and communication stuff. Which are weak points in my repertoire. The fact that he's also getting his CFI certs and whatnot is just an added bonus. Better to be an ally than a foe in my book. ;)

Last edited:
All BS aside... Nate seems pretty knowledgeable on all the IT and communication stuff. Which are weak points in my repertoire. The fact that he's also getting his CFI certs and whatnot is just an added bonus. Better to be an ally than a foe in my book. ;)

I tease Nate all the time about his lengthy posts, all in fun, and he's a good sport about it. I told Nate awhile back that I think he's going to a very good CFI, and I still do, so perhaps you can be his first student! :thumbsup:

I tease Nate all the time about his lengthy posts, all in fun, and he's a good sport about it. I told Nate awhile back that I think he's going to a very good CFI, and I still do, so perhaps you can be his first student! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the dude does like to write. He'll probably make for a boring ass instructor for most students, as he'll get all technical on them trying to explain every little component and nuance of an aircraft and how it all works. I don't care, because I enjoy all that crap anyways. :cool:

You've definitely got a lot to learn about the big rig RV world there 'Ole Son.

Newmar Essex - 45 ft. length w/292" wheelbase
Prevost X3-45 - 45 ft. length w/334" wheelbase
Renegade Classic - 45 ft. length w/330" wheelbase

Help me out here. How is it that a large DP Newmar or a Prevost (pulling the same size trailer as mine) can turn in to an RV campground and easily park, but somehow my Class 8 RV can't? :dunno:

You're starting to sound a little pathetic here Tom. :rolleyes:
It's all a lesson you'll have to learn yourself.
remember who has been here doing this for a long time.
I have a 45 degree steer angle what's your truck have. 30 at best. I have a 14 foot over hang, what does that do to the trailer tracking?

no matter if you can believe it or not, there is a reason we don't see the large Super C in camp grounds. They are not made to be there.
"Gimmy 40 acres I'll turn this thing around" will be your theme song

Did you ignore my statement about big RV have the same problem. and the reason we probably won't move up
Or is it your simply trying to CYA by using the wrong class A-s

no matter if you can believe it or not, there is a reason we don't see the large Super C in camp grounds. They are not made to be there.

How come many of your nicer RV parks around the country offer the industry standard 80' x 30' pull-thru if there are no big rigs that can actually get in to them to "pull-thru"? :rofl:

It sounds to me like you camp in the low budget campgrounds. Go to many of the nice ones, and you'll see plenty of the big Class A DPs w/trailers and even a few SuperC's w/trailers. I guess it all boils down to the type of crowd you run with. ;)

Last edited:
How come many of your nicer RV parks around the country offer the industry standard 80' x 30' pull-thru if there are no big rigs that can actually get in to them to "pull-thru"? :rofl:

It sounds to me like you camp in the low budget campgrounds. Go to many of the nice ones, and you'll see plenty of the big Class A DPs w/trailers and even a few SuperC's w/trailers. I guess it all boils down to the type of crowd you run with. ;)
I camp where they will take me.
You'll find a Goodalls camp ground directory is a big help when your traveling the interstate, and a call ahead will find the ones who will take a rig like ours.
I've yet to find a camp grounds that will not take a 40' ter with jeep in tow, but your 65'ter good luck
80 foot yer dreaming, 30' wide that's laugh. most are 14'-18

[QUOTE="azblackbird, post: 2416882, member: 30318" and you'll see plenty of the big Class A DPs w/trailers and even a few SuperC's w/trailers.[/QUOTE]
And you of course have been out there lookin around..How ?
a statement like that simply shows us you shoot more **** than a Russian radio.

I've yet to find a camp grounds that will not take a 40' ter with jeep in tow, but your 65'ter good luck
Believe me... finding a place to camp is the least of my worries. Already BTDT with many of my buddies over the years and know which parks can handle a big rig and which parks can't. Worst case I've ever seen, my buddies had to unhitch and park their trailers on the back 40 at a couple of the older parks we/they were staying at. Not a big deal! :rolleyes:

And you of course have been out there lookin around..How ?

My wife and I used to tour the country on a Goldwing. Many times we'd hook up with our buddies who were touring in their big DP's. We'd usually stay at B&B's, they'd stay at RV resorts in whichever areas we were all hanging out at together. They'd unload their bikes and we'd all go exploring. We'd ride all day and then come back and eat dinner either at the RVs or at our B&B. Did that for many years. :cool:

Sounds to me like you don't get out much. :eek:

average camp ground we are 40' we stick out

Attachments

• IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 23
average camp ground we are 40' we stick out
Let me guess. That's one of those $10 a night campgrounds w/a 10 amp hookup. :rofl:

You definitely need to get out and see the country dude. I know it's hard for you to believe, but there are many campgrounds with 80'-100' ft pull-thrus. Many of them even have nice pads with room for patio furniture and gazebos/lanais.

My wife and I used to tour the country on a Goldwing.
It an't the same sonny. you are going to be near 65 feet long and heavy. there ain't nothing you have driven or seen that has prepared you for what you are about to attempt.
my coach is 40' over all plus a 15' foot jeep and we still must unhook to get thru some camps.

Let me guess. That's one of those $10 a night campgrounds w/a 10 amp hookup. :rofl:
nope wrong again, your attempt at trying to discredit me shows us you don't have a clue.
that was a camp we stayed at in Cash Creek BC. $46.00 cd.
pretty standard.

Geez dude... if you'd quit staying in the $10 a night camps, you wouldn't have that problem. :rolleyes:
Yeah Right..
you stay out remote, because you won't find many camp that have room for you, except the interstate rest areas.
a lot of folks that have a lot more money than you and a hell of a lot more experiance than you choose the class A over the super C, but you are smarter than them.

Yeah Right..
you stay out remote, because you won't find many camp that have room for you, except the interstate rest areas.
a lot of folks that have a lot more money than you and a hell of a lot more experiance than you choose the class A over the super C, but you are smarter than them.

Yep, and a lot of those folks aren't hauling around a huge trailer full of toys, tools, and other equipment. They're at most pulling a little bitty toad. Kinda like you do. :D

Yep, and a lot of those folks aren't hauling around a huge trailer full of toys, tools, and other equipment. They're at most pulling a little bitty toad. Kinda like you do. :D
No that's where you make your mistake.

I was going to say that the preparatory 1500nm dual XC would keep me off of PoA, but...

For one, he is not going to endorse him for 1500 nm solo xc, I think

He beat me to it.

I’ll probably be like everyone else. An okay CFI who eventually wishes he could apologize to his first five students. Haha. Glad to have some good mentors around to ask stupid teaching questions of, honestly.

And I already know who my first student will be. He’s called dibs.

And I should add... customer privacy is a big thing for me. I won’t be writing up anything about anyone who doesn’t approve it. Won’t be time, anyway.

All those IT and telecom stories I share are the customers that I CAN talk about. There’s others who I can’t. Telecom touches everything.

The RV internet site are full of "how do you thaw out" questions today.

beginners :)

Back