Pros and Cons of living full-time in a Motorhome?

My Idea of a yacht

Attachments

• IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 45
The RV internet site are full of "how do you thaw out" questions today.

beginners :)

I hope you told them...Do not let it freeze in the first place. :lol::lol:

One time my black water heat quit working. I literally had frozen poo in the tank. Fortunately nothing broke.....

I hope you told them...Do not let it freeze in the first place. :lol::lol:

One time my black water heat quit working. I literally had frozen poo in the tank. Fortunately nothing broke.....
Our tanks have a heat pad under them, controlled by a auto/stat that comes on at 32 degrees. Seldom do we have anything in the tank here at home. so I pull the C/B on the circuit.
Tonight it is forecasted to go below freezing so we turned on the heat at 45 degrees. Even tho I've already blown out all the water lines and added antifreeze to the drain traps.

Saw this thread and couldn't resist. I drive a Super-C and go camping in the national forrest every summer in Colorado. I pull a car-hauler trailer with a 4 seat RZR. Only about 20 miles is on a dirt road, but it has never been a problem. I'm trading in the Super-C for a 45' DP in March. We needed a different floor plan with bunks for the grandchildren and the Class A just worked out better for us.

Wouldn’t hold your breath.

I heard he was going to join up with the Hoffman crew to pan for phantom gold with them down in Antarctica. During the warm season, of course. It’s easier to ship a Class Bigman rv to McMurdo this time of year.

It’s christmas and he sub contracts for Santa Claus so he’s busy.

Merry Christmas az

Well OP.....any update on if you purchased yet?

Already spoke with our local dealer. Will be going after the new year to take a good look and a test drive on a new unit. Not going to pull the trigger on anything until my house sells and I'm producing good/stable revenue from the businesses. Then I can relax and go play. ;)

Not taking either side on the issue but I think it is all based on your wants and desires and your ability to do what suits you best.

Back in the sixties my parents owned an Airstream and spent the winters in Tuscon. Although they considered it a bit crowed (do the dishes every night or suffer the consequences the next day) they felt comfortable wintering in it until nice weather came back to Michigan.

I would surmise the level of comfort one thinks they need in the long term and their ability to afford their choice would be the determining factor.

If azblackbird has the urge and the means why should any of us criticize him for telling us what he would like to do? He will be spending his own money on the rig and doing what he likes to do when he chooses to park for a while and enjoy things he likes. I will be the last to criticize him for that. It appears to me he has earned that right.

I have no qualm with his pursuits in life.

If azblackbird has the urge and the means why should any of us criticize him for telling us what he would like to do?
Norm... this is POA. In the short time I've been here, I've seen some incredible things being discussed, argued, debated, etc. that make no sense to me whatsoever. :rolleyes:

I'm not the least bit surprised by many of the comments received. It's just the normal POA MO. :rofl:

Have yourself a Merry Christmas. :thumbsup:

Back