Private checkride went horribly wrong!

You have to admit, though, this person had a great imagination and a super delivery of his story. It was a humorous diversion. It did go a little over the top at the end.

When I did my PP checkride the examiner told me a story.

He had done a checkride for an "entitled" you man recently (his words, not mine).

Apparently then young man had some issues with navigation. At some point he asked the student if he was lost, student said no, this went on for a few minutes. Finally when it was obvious he was really lost, and had no hope of correcting it, he busted him.

The student flipped out, telling him that wasn't possible, because he did not fail at things. The examiner assured him it was in fact quite possible. Student then refused to fly the plane (he wasn't a pilot, so of course couldn't fly the plane). Examiner had to fly them back to the airport. Student went into the examiners office put his head down and refused to even acknowledge the examiner. Examiner wound up having to call his CFI to come and get him.

I imagine if you do check rides long enough, you get a lot of "interesting" stories.

-Dan
Oh yeah. An examiner I know had an applicant bounce on a short field landing, force it back on, then took control right before the final bounce, which ripped off the left main gear. The examiner had to take it around the patch and land it sans the left mains.

Hi guys,

Nope this guy is definitely not me!

I've been super busy at my day job and correcting weak points with my new CFI who is awesome!

To the pete guy, dude you need a serious attitude adjustment! Let me give a real life story on why you need to use paper charts and calculate a flight plan on paper by hand.
I am glad that I do this because on my last long xc solo, guess what? The fancy schmancy Garmin 430 failed in the Cessna 172 and I had to whip out my paper charts and use that along with pilotage and VOR to make it safely back home without busting airspace or getting lost.

As for DPE, they are the aviation equivalent to judge, jury and God when it comes to earning your ticket. Definitely don't get mad or argue with them. Be polite and even if things don't go well, move on and learn the lesson. Hopefully your CFI can have a relationship with one to better prepare you for the checkride next time around.

Wow I wonder if this guy was for real or playing us for fools? If the dude's checkride did actually go down as he said it did, I am at a loss for words. Even when mine never happened, in spite of the frustration and loss of funds, I cut my losses, chalked it up as a lifetime learning experience, learned the lesson, and moved on.

You're looking for post 986. Here it is...

Okay, seriously, it is time to end this. You have all been incredible sports. No hard feelings. No, I am not Jay.

I am not a regular poster here. I've been lurking probably more than a year. This is a great website, and I was just having a little fun. If you notice, I only posted in this thread. It was not my intention to disrupt this website, I was just having some fun.

I am a PPL with IR, about 700 hours or so. Just an average pilot, and never failed my checkride. I enjoyed my training including using paper charts.

I hope there are no hard feelings. It was just for the sake of a little humor. I have huge respect for most of you. Thanks for the laughs.

If I get banned, I understand and I harbor no hard feelings on my side.

Well, I didn't even get to the practical portion! The DPE failed me on the oral. :eek: I had a bad initial interaction with him, and just knew it was going to go south (which it did). I recorded the oral and that also riled him up. Probably a bad move! But in retrospect, I have proof he was overall harsh on me. Do I have any recourse? Or just suck it up, and retest with a different DPE? Any advice would be great.

attachment.php

:D:D:D

Attachments

• ReRsnUf.png
    ReRsnUf.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 204
I just joined recently and I must say, this is a pretty interesting thread.....quite the social study. Carry on, please :popcorn:

“The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their grueling travels across trackless lands in prehistoric times, looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air.”
-Orville Wright flight school

Last edited:
I'm brand new to this board, but I think on page 1, when he said he told the DE that his fly was open, I knew right then this guy is full of it...nobody that gets past the intro flight can be that dumb LOL

So why did you ban him again?

How did you prove trolling other than by what he said - and then - well - how is the truth discernible?

Makes me wonder if the Mods were in on it . . . was it LouBetti?

So why did you ban him again?

How did you prove trolling other than by what he said - and then - well - how is the truth discernible?

Makes me wonder if the Mods were in on it . . . was it LouBetti?

I imagine the reason would be he admitted being a troll. Lou? :dunno: I guess anything is possible if you do enough cocaine....

Just read this whole thread....found it funny that the use of "douchebag" and "arrogant prick" was rampant.

Found it ironic that the one banned was not the one using those two terms. Somewhere I remember that going a different way, but I just can't put my finger on it....

edit: oh - and this was actually a pretty fun thread, despite the name calling.

Last edited:

Holy cow, this thread has been quite popular. The Daily pic thread was started almost a year ago and has 33K views. This one was started last month and already has 30K views...

Holy cow, this thread has been quite popular. The Daily pic thread was started almost a year ago and has 33K views. This one was started last month and already has 30K views...

True. But this one started out almost serious and then gained great entertainment value. Like a car wreck, you just couldn't turn away. :D

I never thought something like this would happen to me, but there I was, when the hottest DPE I've ever seen met me by the plane...:D

I had her! Only it was about 50 years too late...:rofl: You should have seen the pictures of her during WWII as a WASP though....:yes:

Just read this whole thread....found it funny that the use of "douchebag" and "arrogant prick" was rampant.

Found it ironic that the one banned was not the one using those two terms. Somewhere I remember that going a different way, but I just can't put my finger on it....

Yes, I read through this entire thread and it is clear to me that Pete very likely made up this whole thing about it being a joke to gracefully extract himself from a severe beating he was receiving from many people on this forum.

:nono:

Yes, I read through this entire thread and it is clear to me that Pete very likely made up this whole thing about it being a joke to gracefully extract himself from a severe beating he was receiving from many people on this forum.

That you Pete?:rofl:

I never thought something like this would happen to me, but there I was, when the hottest DPE I've ever seen met me by the plane...:D

I had her! Only it was about 50 years too late...:rofl: You should have seen the pictures of her during WWII as a WASP though....:yes:

...and then her equally hot twin sister showed up...

(I like my fantasy world way better than Pete's.)

I think it is a little unfair to compare Pete's unfortunate situation (and subsequent brutal virtual beat down), with a wet dream about getting it on with a DPE (and his twin "sister"). That is depraved! And yet, he is the "douche". Not just a little unfair. Very unfair. I think you all owe Pete an apology. You can make your apologies here.

I think it is a little unfair to compare Pete's unfortunate situation (and subsequent brutal virtual beat down), with a wet dream about getting it on with a DPE (and his twin "sister"). That is depraved! And yet, he is the "douche". Not just a little unfair. Very unfair. I think you all owe Pete an apology. You can make your apologies here.

You are Pete! Did you get your retest yet?

You are Pete! Did you get your retest yet?

:yikes:

I beg your pardon? No, my good man, I am simply pointing out that he may have labelled himself as a troll as a defensive mechanism to bow out from the pressure of having to defend himself from a mob of rabid pilots.

But I apologize for my interruption. Please get back to your discussions of "slap and tickle with the DPE". No please. Carry on.

:yikes:

I beg your pardon? No, my good man, I am simply pointing out that he may have labelled himself as a troll as a defensive mechanism to bow out from the pressure of having to defend himself from a mob of rabid pilots.

But I apologize for my interruption. Please get back to your discussions of "slap and tickle with the DPE". No please. Carry on.

Umm, if you believe his first 100 posts, he did not have the self control to pull that off.

It amazes me how some people will hang onto demonstrably wrong beliefs. There aren't any alien crop circles either; they were definitively demonstrated to be a hoax. But some wackos still cling to it.

That you Pete?:rofl:

I was thinking the same thing:rofl::rofl:

Both times:D

It amazes me how some people will hang onto demonstrably wrong beliefs.

Um, excuse me, why is my hypothesis "demonstrably wrong"? You cannot proof that he is a troll. Yes, he said he was but that is not definitive proof but could simply have been his way of getting out of the situation of being unfairly and visciously attacked. How many times have you said something that could be construed as being retarded and quickly said "I was just joking!"? I'm sure many times. Another example: If you were lying on the ground being stomped by an unruly gaggle of pilots, would you not be tempted to cry out "I am not the one you seek"???

And crop circles exist. Do a google search. Please do not embarrass yourself any further.

Um, excuse me, why is my hypothesis "demonstrably wrong"? You cannot proof that he is a troll. Yes, he said he was but that is not definitive proof but could simply have been his way of getting out of the situation of being unfairly and visciously attacked. How many times have you said something that could be construed as being retarded and quickly said "I was just joking!"? I'm sure many times. Another example: If you were lying on the ground being stomped by an unruly gaggle of pilots, would you not be tempted to cry out "I am not the one you seek"???

And crop circles exist. Do a google search. Please do not embarrass yourself any further.

Papyrus Pete! Welcome back:lol::D

Back