PPR Clearances (Permission To Park On The Ramp)

Of course we don't do it for the money anyway. With the places I've been and the things I've experienced I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Anytime you get paid to fly, life is good. :)

Yeah, got to agree with that. But there are sacrifices, for example I was forced to endure two tours flying in Hawaii....but I manned up and did it. :D

Yeah, got to agree with that. But there are sacrifices, for example I was forced to endure two tours flying in Hawaii....but I manned up and did it. :D

Yeah my shark phobia would keep me from the CG. Hearing stories from friends about rescuing Haitians with huge sharks circling the boat, or trying to maintain a hover at night over the icy waters off Alaska. No way Jose. I fly EMS so I'm all about helping people, but I'd much rather deal with poor weather over land than sea. I have a friend who feels the opposite. He flys HH-60s and he actually feels more comfortable once he's out over the open water while in bad weather. Almost a kind warmth knowing there isn't anything else out there (obstructions,terrain,other aircraft) besides him. If you ask me it's gotta be the most challenging flying in aviation.

I read the book Unbroken, about a B-24 navigator (Louis Zamperini) in Hawaii in WWII. His story of survival at sea is just remarkable. I got goosebumps hearing the shark stories while at sea for 46 days! Great book and one that should've been made into a movie.

Last edited:
Back