Post Something Interesting

Not sure I follow. It this because they didn't just do the math in their head, or because they didn't have access/permission to use a computer during a computer science exam, lol?
Hope the lol was a reference to your comment. Any CS student should be able to do the solution in their head. Or at least with paper & pencil.

Certainly some engine redundancy. How few would it fly on?

Hope the lol was a reference to your comment. Any CS student should be able to do the solution in their head. Or at least with paper & pencil.
Continuing….10/4 is 2 because we’re in integer or whole number arithmetic and because it’s inside the parens, that part is evaluated first.

Then multiply the answer 2 by .2 and the result is….0.4

I should have recoded the session where I had to explain/teach long division in order to explain the modulo function. Barrel of laughs.

I refer you to Tom Lehrer’s “New Math” video.

Either way, good luck to the passenger trying to get out of a RV-8 when they realize 5 seconds before impact that the end is near.
Good luck to them at any altitude (>50 feet for the angels on pinheads) when they try getting out without a chute. There's at least one unfortunate RV-8 example. I don't do aerobatics in my RV with passengers (ETA: because of weight and balance) but I do wear a chute when doing them solo.

Nauga,
with a duck, shuck, and huck

Last edited:
Ok, boring and not interesting. Should be deleted and I should be banned from this site.

Last Sunday afternoon was a little coolish, but the sun was shining and warm. The wife and I decided to ride the 4 wheeler out behind my mom's house. It is about 380 acres, plus/minus a few acres, with lots of scenic trails just perfect for 4 wheelin'..

So off we go, my wife is driving, into the desert. The trail we decided to follow is a long and very scenic trail that goes all the way to the back of the property, which is right next to a state road. My wife is doing well as she negotiates the trails bumps and she is switching from 2WD to 4WD as needed. We are really enjoying the ride and being together.

We reach the back of the property which runs alongside the state road for about 100 feet. We stop to take a short break, and as we get ready to continue, a police car come skidding to a stop next to us. A private security company, aka rent-a-cop. I hatred rent-a-cops.

This guy jumps out yelling at us about we are not allowed to be here. I hold my hand out, waiting for him to shut up. He finally quiets down and I remind him that this property is for sale and we are looking it over to see if it is worth buying. He yells at us saying this is private property and to get off NOW.!! I tell him to chill and we will leave as soon as we look at the property. He is almost out of control yelling for us to leave. I finally loose my cool and yell back at him to get out of my face and to leave.

He continues yelling, now throwing profanities out, and I am yelling back to calm down and go away. He reaches for his gun and pulls it out. I tell my wife to go, lets get away from this guy. Before we can move, he runs up next to us, then fires a shot into the air and yelling for us to stop. I throw my wife off the right side of the 4 wheeler and follow. But I am a little slow and he grabs my left foot. I still fall to the right, on my back and I start kicking this guy. We continue to struggle, and I am successful in kicking the gun out of his hand. He has now got me by both feet and is trying to pull me over the 4 wheeler. My wife is screaming and crying while we struggle. Finally he gets me back up on the 4 wheeler, still pulling my legs....

...just like I am pulling yours...

For those looking for something to celebrate: Today is...

world-turtle-day.jpg

Ok, boring and not interesting. Should be deleted and I should be banned from this site.

Last Sunday afternoon was a little coolish, but the sun was shining and warm. The wife and I decided to ride the 4 wheeler out behind my mom's house. It is about 380 acres, plus/minus a few acres, with lots of scenic trails just perfect for 4 wheelin'..

So off we go, my wife is driving, into the desert. The trail we decided to follow is a long and very scenic trail that goes all the way to the back of the property, which is right next to a state road. My wife is doing well as she negotiates the trails bumps and she is switching from 2WD to 4WD as needed. We are really enjoying the ride and being together.

We reach the back of the property which runs alongside the state road for about 100 feet. We stop to take a short break, and as we get ready to continue, a police car come skidding to a stop next to us. A private security company, aka rent-a-cop. I hatred rent-a-cops.

This guy jumps out yelling at us about we are not allowed to be here. I hold my hand out, waiting for him to shut up. He finally quiets down and I remind him that this property is for sale and we are looking it over to see if it is worth buying. He yells at us saying this is private property and to get off NOW.!! I tell him to chill and we will leave as soon as we look at the property. He is almost out of control yelling for us to leave. I finally loose my cool and yell back at him to get out of my face and to leave.

He continues yelling, now throwing profanities out, and I am yelling back to calm down and go away. He reaches for his gun and pulls it out. I tell my wife to go, lets get away from this guy. Before we can move, he runs up next to us, then fires a shot into the air and yelling for us to stop. I throw my wife off the right side of the 4 wheeler and follow. But I am a little slow and he grabs my left foot. I still fall to the right, on my back and I start kicking this guy. We continue to struggle, and I am successful in kicking the gun out of his hand. He has now got me by both feet and is trying to pull me over the 4 wheeler. My wife is screaming and crying while we struggle. Finally he gets me back up on the 4 wheeler, still pulling my legs....

...just like I am pulling yours...
Well played sir! Well played!

The United States, Liberia, and Myanmar are the only countries that don't use the metric system.
There are two types of countries. Those that use the metric system, and one that put a man on the moon. So hooey on the liberal snail eating European metric system.

There are two types of countries. Those that use the metric system, and one that put a man on the moon. So hooey on the liberal snail eating European metric system.
I worked with a Brit for multiple years and we had a good relationship. He was giving me grief at some point about not using the metric system and I replied "It's odd that you're not familiar with the English system." Kept him quiet briefly...

I worked with a Brit for multiple years and we had a good relationship. He was giving me grief at some point about not using the metric system and I replied "It's odd that you're not familiar with the English system." Kept him quiet briefly...
That.... is funny! To be serious for a second, yeah - metric makes a lot more sense than what we currently use. What we currently use is an odd mix - statute miles for visibility, nautical miles for distance, speed half the time is nautical miles and the other half is MPH, inches of mercury ..... you get my point. So yes, meters, kilometers, kilograms, and millibars. Heck, I'd even take kilowatts over HP.

May not be too interesting to you but I am super pumped about flying into KIND later today. Until about a year ago I was thinking I'd never get my 3rd class or ever fly again.
I find it very interesting. That's because I am a kind guy.

To be fair, they're not even consistent. They use MPH and miles on the road. It's weird.

Back