"Portable" autopilot for your Skyhawk?

One thing I did see was that the lead engineer behind this, or what I'm assume is the lead engineer/test-pilot based on his background and qualifications, is in his mid 70s. Not to be ageist, but I wouldn't be surprised if his priorities are on other things. Total speculation, but for a 2 person outfit I can see that potentially making a substantial difference in terms of development pace and risk appetite. Not sure how many people I know that age who are aggressively launching commercial/manufacturing operations and taking on lots of risk. Though again, could be totally wrong...

One thing I did see was that the lead engineer behind this, or what I'm assume is the lead engineer/test-pilot based on his background and qualifications, is in his mid 70s. Not to be ageist, but I wouldn't be surprised if his priorities are on other things. Total speculation, but for a 2 person outfit I can see that potentially making a substantial difference in terms of development pace and risk appetite. Not sure how many people I know that age who are aggressively launching commercial/manufacturing operations and taking on lots of risk. Though again, could be totally wrong...

I dunno, sounds like he’d better hurry up!
:)

For sure presumption, and likely fact. Although maybe people who thought this was a good idea in the first place haven't considered liability.
Why? That doesn’t make much sense. It’s easily over powered (it’s magnets that hold the actuators). I agree- sell it as it a kit and let us assemble it. I wonder what’s going on with this whole thing. You’d have to wonder at this point what’s the hold up?

That doesn’t make much sense.
Any time you build something and offer for sale to the public you own some of the liability regardless of how it works. Same reason E/AB aircraft don't attract the vultures as Cessna and Piper do.

Why? That doesn’t make much sense. It’s easily over powered (it’s magnets that hold the actuators). I agree- sell it as it a kit and let us assemble it. I wonder what’s going on with this whole thing. You’d have to wonder at this point what’s the hold up?
This thing is literally supposed to fly the airplane. The first plane crash with one of these installed will bankrupt the company. And possibly anyone personally involved in the development.

This thing is literally supposed to fly the airplane. The first plane crash with one of these installed will bankrupt the company. And possibly anyone personally involved in the development.

Wowza- that’s insane. I guess it also shows how little I understand of our legal system.

I kinda like the Port-O-Pot idea….they are flush with great ideas. I’m sure They’ll sell a crap load… no doubt.

I guess “Pilo-Matic” was already taken…. Lol :D

Back