POAers met in person

Thinking about it all the POAers I have met, I met before POA, most from the old USENET rec.aviation days or just Oshkosh. I think C'Ron maybe the only one I met subsequently (because I met him because he asked here for a ride after he dropped his plane off in LNS and I was already going to be up that way because I had to fly up to HGR with another friend to retrieve his plane).

Seriously, between the hotel in Iowa, the one in Texas, and Oshkosh, I think Mary and I have met everyone...

Well, maybe not Henning. Or, if we did, I don't remember it -- and THAT seems unlikely. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that mean we can call Jay the social butterfly of PoA? ;)

Despite the often heated arguments into which I descend here I have yet to meet anyone whose company I didn't enjoy (except possibly Ed).

POA is on the whole a really good bunch of people.

Related....

I'll be in Denver April 28th through May 2. Where are we going to do Dinner? (And somewhere other than TPL... that's good, but getting repetitive.)

Hey, we went to the Buckhorn last year. Other options - head up to the mountains (Chart house or someplace at Copper Mountain, or the steak house at the bottom of the tunnel or the Minturn Country Club or....

On my calendar.

Despite the often heated arguments into which I descend here I have yet to meet anyone whose company I didn't enjoy (except possibly Ed).

Must be another Ed. :D

Agreed. We can all argue the point over Grant and Leslie's jambalaya again sometime soon, I hope! I'd pay big bucks to have that jambalaya at a restaurant near my house. :)

3+.
- Cpt_Kirk by chance meeting at my local airport.
- ajyeary - I suppose that's more than "met". He contacted me through POA to train for his instrument rating.
- Jay Honeck at OSH at his annual party last year.
+ who knows who else at Jay's OSH party. It's not like we were wearing shirts with our Used ID on them. Hmm...

I did not have sexual relations with that POA'er.

With apologies in advance for leaving anyone out...

Dana, Henning, Alex, Frank, Grant, Leslie, Doc Bruce, and a couple of others. Just had a drink with Henning last night as a matter of fact.

3+.
- Cpt_Kirk by chance meeting at my local airport.
- ajyeary - I suppose that's more than "met". He contacted me through POA to train for his instrument rating.
- Jay Honeck at OSH at his annual party last year.
+ who knows who else at Jay's OSH party. It's not like we were wearing shirts with our Used ID on them. Hmm...

Well, we TRY to get everyone to wear name tags.

As you know, getting pilots to do anything is like herding cats...
;)

The same for me. Mostly the NorCal group and Jim L. who flew down and met us at Shelter Cove (great trip).

I'm in Rocklin, CA also. How do I go about finding groups or clubs around here?

I did not have sexual relations with that POA'er.

You think that's a joke, but... We have a few who probably wished they hadn't, and some who lived happily ever after. ;) ;) ;)

And like Forest Gump: "That's all I've got to say about that."

Every time I see this thread title I misread it as "POAers met in prison"

I've probably met 15-20 from here and some from the PB.

That audio intellectual visual challenged kid......

So I have met north of 100 of yall, but I think I can enumerate everyone I have flown with:

Richard
Michael
Greg
Mark B.
Jesse
Ed Fred
Tony Condon
Chip Gibbons
Shari

And if you count formation flights:
Kent Shook
Chris (airbaker)

Surprisingly missing is Spike. I could have sworn we flew together, but I started thinking about it and realized we haven't.

So I have met north of 100 of yall, but I think I can enumerate everyone I have flown with:

Richard
Michael
Greg
Mark B.
Jesse
Ed Fred
Tony Condon
Chip Gibbons
Shari

Kent Shook
Chris (airbaker)

Surprisingly missing is Spike. I could have sworn we flew together, but I started thinking about it and realized we haven't.

Oddly enough, Jesse and I have never been in the same plane at the same time. I don't think the plane could handle that much awesome.

None yet :) Unless @Jay Honeck is working when I check out in a few minutes

None yet :) Unless @Jay Honeck is working when I check out in a few minutes
Sorry, I didn't even know you were here, till I read POA!

It seems you got to meet Mary this morning, which is certainly an improvement over me. (I worked till 2 AM. Anything before noon just ain't happening for me, most days.)

Sorry I missed you. We were off flying all day yesterday!

Haven't met any yet,must not be looking hard enough. Will continue trying.

Oddly enough, Jesse and I have never been in the same plane at the same time. I don't think the plane could handle that much awesome.

Actually, I do recall being in your Cherokee at one point. I can't remember why or where but pretty sure it happened.

I'm pretty sure we did some low passes in formation at 6Y9 as well. Can't remember which airplanes we were flying. Maybe Cherokee and 172 or Cherokee and Diamond.

Richard
Michael
Greg
Mark B.
Jesse
Ed Fred
Tony Condon
Chip Gibbons
Shari

Kent Shook
Chris (airbaker)

I *think* I've flown with everyone on that list except airbaker and Michael.

Never been to Prison. I suspect it won't be long now.

Back