POAers met in person

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Like trying to count aircraft types, these I have met.

Michael, Diane, Nick, Kent, Scott, Grant, Leslie, Adam, Ed, Brad, Diz, Jesse, Tom, Dave, Dave 2, Judd, Rob, Brian A, Joe A, Bob D, Henning, Phil, Felix, Dr. Bruce, and it seems like a couple others that I am not recalling right now.

I've flown with Michael, Diane, Nick, Dave, Judd, Joe A, Bob D, Henning, Kent (Or was it Ed?), Jesse....

Last edited:
Neither of them know it, but there are at least two on here that I know for a fact I went to college with.

Michael, Diane, Nick, Kent, Scott, Grant, Leslie, Adam, Ed, Brad, Diz, Jesse, Tom, Dave, Dave 2, Judd, Rob, Brian A, Joe A, Bob D, Henning, Phil, Felix, Dr. Bruce, and it seems like a couple others that I am not recalling right now.

I've flown with Michael, Diane, Nick, Dave, Judd, Joe A, Bob D, Henning, Kent (Or was it Ed?), Jesse....

I hauled you to IMT from 6Y9.

I can't even guess as to how many I've met. Probably around, maybe over, 100.

Last edited:
I hauled you to IMT from 6Y9.

I can't even guess as to how many I've met. Probably around, maybe over, 100.

Honestly I could not remember if I stepped out of a high wing or low wing. :confused:

Actually, you hauled me from 6Y9 to IMT.

EDIT: sheesh, I just detected how you worded that.

Last edited:

I've met most on your list, and a number of others as well, it would take me time to think it through. I've also flown with a good number of folks.

Even if I don't get back in the air, I need to start showing up at Gastons again, I attended 2005, 6, 7, 8, & 9. Good times!

I've met most on your list, and a number of others as well, it would take me time to think it through. I've also flown with a good number of folks.

Even if I don't get back in the air, I need to start showing up at Gastons again, I attended 2005, 6, 7, 8, & 9. Good times!

That is a good run. I have been wanting to get back to 6Y9 for the parade.

Many friends met here; have watched some youths grow up. Fun stuff!

I wouldn't want to attempt to list all the people I have met from POA because I would leave people out. Of the people above me in this thread I have met Spike and Ghery.

Kimberly, Aeric, John221us, MAKG1 and a few other local Norcal POAers.

Related....

I'll be in Denver April 28th through May 2. Where are we going to do Dinner? (And somewhere other than TPL... that's good, but getting repetitive.)

Related....

I'll be in Denver April 28th through May 2. Where are we going to do Dinner? (And somewhere other than TPL... that's good, but getting repetitive.)

Sorry, Denver is closed that week...

HELL NO! Y'all a bunch of freaks and weirdos from what I read.

:lol:

More than I could possibly try to count today.

Is 'not enough' a valid answer? Though I bumped into quite a few at Oshkosh at Camp Bacon. See you all in a few months!

Wouldn't surprise me if it was close to 100.

Do need to make it back to the fly-ins some year.

I've had the pleasure of meeting some PoA and purple board members in person. First at Shelter Cove, CA and later at Bob Bement's place in Vale, OR. Only regrets I have of those two events is that my wife and I had to land at Garberville instead of Shelter Cove because the latter had fogged in by the time we got there, and we ended up driving rather than flying to Vale due to too-low ceilings to safely cross the Cascades.

The visit to Bob was nice because not only was the food and drink free, we even got a bag of coffee beans to take back with us (though I think that was Red Team Carol's idea.) So if you are ever in the area of Vale, OR be sure to stop by Bob's place and mooch off him. :wink2:

I haven't met a single one, that I know of. I suppose I could have bumped into someone at Oshkosh and didn't know it. Remember me? I was the guy in the Apache :wink2:

But seriously, I hope to meet some of you weirdos one of these days. Perhaps since I got my own ride now, I can make that happen.

I've met and flown with one. Didn't realize at the time that he was on PoA.

I have met quite a few...

Also met a quite a few from the Red and Purple Boards...

I get picked on about my imaginary friends from the internet.

I haven't met a single one, that I know of. I suppose I could have bumped into someone at Oshkosh and didn't know it. Remember me? I was the guy in the Apache :wink2:

But seriously, I hope to meet some of you weirdos one of these days. Perhaps since I got my own ride now, I can make that happen.

You know where I am! :D

I don't know
What makes him so good?

Well worth doing - look forward to it!

Anyone heard from Kimberly lately?

I see her on FB - she scored a good new job, is flying some again and did her wrench-turning at Reno again.

Speaking of youths, what is Tommy doing these days?

Sophomore at Texas State University (San Marcos). I flew down to get him yesterday for a weekend visit. (Break) Thanks again for helping Tommy out, lo those many years ago! :yes:

If you can remember everyone from POA that you've met, you clearly weren't at Oshkosh when you met them.

:lol: :lol: :goofy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.....

So True....

Seriously, between the hotel in Iowa, the one in Texas, and Oshkosh, I think Mary and I have met everyone...

Well, maybe not Henning. Or, if we did, I don't remember it -- and THAT seems unlikely. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back