POA Roll-Call, Airventure 2011

639cec10-37ad-1ffd.jpg

I finally got to meet Lynn! She's a really neat lady. :)

I'm glad I'm not a foot fetishist... too much temptation in one picture. Hope to see your feet (and the rest of you) soon, Diana.

The Lake Express Ferry called me this morning and they're mechanical'ed out for tomorrow, so I'm making my way from Eastern Michigan to Oshkosh via the Southern driving route. Should still make it early tomorrow afternoon.

Arrived last night and stopped into the Prellwitz compond. My wife was impressed with there set up.

I should be landing between noon and 1 tomorrow, Tuesday. Looking forward to it as an AirVenture first timer.

I landed at osh this morning and all is good! I will be here till thurs wx permitting.

Any PoA'ers at Airventure with a Six / fixed gear Saratoga I can take a peek at? A 206 would be a great toy to peek at too ;)

Heard on the frequency today:

Airboss: F18, where you at?

F18: Five miles south, be there in 9 seconds....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So we've got some doubled-up plans this evening but I have both some burgers and brats in the cooler that I'd gladly drop off for the pot-luck if someone wants to cook them.

Holler here or 303-594-5444 if yes.

Otherwise they'll be in the cooler at 12th and Cottonwood stayin' chilled. Right now theyd be bunless unless someone makes a bun run. ;-)

Planning a touch-and-go at PoA to meet y'all! :)

So we've got some doubled-up plans this evening but I have both some burgers and brats in the cooler that I'd gladly drop off for the pot-luck if someone wants to cook them.

Holler here or 303-594-5444 if yes.

Otherwise they'll be in the cooler at 12th and Cottonwood stayin' chilled. Right now theyd be bunless unless someone makes a bun run. ;-)

Planning a touch-and-go at PoA to meet y'all! :)
It was good seeing you, and sorry I didn't see this until now!

Just for you, Spike

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311815628355.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311815628355.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 16
It's 73 up here in Wisconsin right now. Why aren't you in Oshkosh again?

Bigger fish to fry.

But at the time I made the decision I didn't know that I would be able to fry them on the sidewalk.

Looks like Mike Neuman, Tommy and Spike Cuttler, Michael Weinstein, Pete Von Trescow, and Jesse Angel.

Hope you all took shelter before this latest deluge! (yup, we have another strong shower here. Don't hear thunder, but some strong precipitation.

We got something like 14 inches of rain here in Dubuque last night/this morning. I really hope it doesn't make it that far northeast.

Well, we're here at the white house, and it's just us. Moxie isn't here, and there was no reservation. There was room for us, though!

RATS. Glad there was room!

We had a great time, even though there were only six of us. Grant, Leslie, her mother Mary, Pete, Michael, and Lynn. I talked to Murphey, and she was in Milwaukee working to get her third car up here. The first had a flat, and I don't know what happened to the second. She has not had a good day, though.

Flew to Oshkosh the Saturday before theshow opened with my flying buddy in his 180 hp C172. Set 2 new records for the aircraft, slowest ground speed east to west across Lake Michigan at 8,500 feet, 54.2 knots ground speed. Second, flying home on Thursday, fasts ground speed west to east across Lake Michigan, 160 knots ground speed!

GG

Back