POA and their Management Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obviously causing Derek some kind of heartache. ;)

He must have Googled his FBO and to his horror that thread showed up on the first page of results.

It must be devastating to his business since no one here has the slightest idea of what was said.

Well, I now know a place that won't be getting my business. Not because of the original complaint, but because of Derek's attitude here. :yes:

Well, I now know a place that won't be getting my business. Not because of the original complaint, but because of Derek's attitude here. :yes:

Yeah no kidding! I just don't get the point!

He must have Googled his FBO and to his horror that thread showed up on the first page of results.
I know a great way to amplify that horror.

Do you mean Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan???

No, NOT Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan!

I just cannot believe that Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan would ever behave in such a manner!

(And he can't even call this libel, since I documented the proof ;) )

I just cannot believe that Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan would ever behave in such a manner!

Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan? Can't say it rings a bell....

Ron Wanttaja

Yeah no kidding! I just don't get the point!

It doesn't do anything positive, at least not here.

Why yes, I do mean Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan! :yes:

I tend to refrain from complaint about the MC, as they are carrying out essential tasks without remuneration of any sort. I am similarly reticent to give much if any credence to someone who's primary (if not only) purpose seems to be to criticize the MC for the work they altruistically carryout out on everyone's behalf.

:yeahthat:

:rofl:

A check of $175 accompanied by letter that presentation of this check for payment constitutes and acknowledement that all claims against Ace Aviation are hereby satisfied would have resolved this a year ago.

Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan? Can't say it rings a bell....

Ron Wanttaja

I'd never even heard of Derek Mulder or Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan before this thread popped up, which seems to relate to a claim of poor customer service (at best) or possible theft (at worst), at least in the eyes of one customer of Derek Zmulder at Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

But why would Derek use the name "Dominque" as an on-line user ID?

Whats your business? Can you provide the thread where someone is bashing you?

It's possible that the guy you're thinking of was Quasimodo rather than Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

Ron Wanttaja

Whats your business? Can you provide the thread where someone is bashing you?

Post 35 has the link. Now that Greebo has included it I remember the discussion.

Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan is someone I had never heard of prior to that thread, and until this came up I hadn't heard of since. And it's been over a year since the thread in question. I wonder if the issue was ever resolved?

It's possible that the guy you're thinking of was Quasimodo rather than Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.
It was undoubtedly some ding-dong all right, but I don't think it was Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

Ron Wanttaja

Seems this guy has (Derek) done way more to ruin his business reputation that the original person with the complaint could have ever done to him.

Even if he turns out to be on the up & up, I would be wary just because of the way he has handled things.

I see that he still has an A1 with the BBB.

Seems this guy has (Derek) done way more to ruin his business reputation that the original person with the complaint could have ever done to him.

Even if he turns out to be on the up & up, I would be wary just because of the way he has handled things.

I see that he still has an A1 with the BBB.

Absolutely agree.

The principle is quite simple, really. Take care of the customer, be honest, be fair, admit you're wrong when you're wrong, and work it out. I've dealt with a lot of unhappy and unpleasant deals in the past, but even those can turn out to be a positive experience for your business. Apologize, take care of the customers concerns, and often times they will still see you in a positive light because you've proven that you're trustworthy.

I also looked at the BBB rating. It seems odd that nobody has reported, but the business is also not a member which doesn't surprise me considering what we've seen here.

I'd never even heard of Derek Mulder or Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan before this thread popped up, which seems to relate to a claim of poor customer service (at best) or possible theft (at worst), at least in the eyes of one customer of Derek Zmulder at Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

But why would Derek use the name "Dominque" as an on-line user ID?

Perhaps Derek Zmulter at Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan was channeling his inner Frenchman?

Funny how Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan never answered the allegations made in the original thread. Just wanted it to go way.

Are you referring to Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan at the Dr Haines Airport (KHAI)?

It was undoubtedly some ding-dong all right, but I don't think it was Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

Ron Wanttaja

Are you sure it was Mulder and not Scully? Or perhaps Luksly & Dulmer?

Is this his web site?
http://www.aceaviation.biz/AboutUs.decp

I also found it interesting that the Michigan incorporation is non-profit.
http://businessprofiles.com/details/ace-aviation-inc/MI-788936

There's a difference in the term "non-profit" as the IRS interprets it (e.g. 501(c)x where x is one of many numbers) and incorporation in a state. For example, in the Articles of Incorporation of the Colorado Pilots Association, it clearly states that CPA is a nonprofit corporation. However, under IRS rules, CPA is a for-profit business that pays income taxes.

Fascinating.

Oh, well, since he decided to go public on this first...

I like principles and their consistent application because it makes life a teeny tiny bit more predictable. I only mention this moral failing of mine because:

The PoA rules explicitly disallow public posting of private messages without the consent of their author. Did you get that consent? I ask because I don't see any exception to that rule that suspends it because "he started it first" or "the author is a jerk and doesn't deserve the protection of those rules - and I can prove it using private messages."

At this point I don't see what the point is of even having a list of "Rules of Conduct" if the only rules being consistently applied are those with the phrase "sole discretion."

Question for any MC members who might see this post - what was the reason, if known, for the OP's alleged failure to get any response at all from the MC?

Did I ever tell you about the time I got Genital Herpes from the couch at Ace Aviation in Three Rivers Michigan?

It was right after I got ripped off for like $5,000. That was a bad day.

"Ace Aviation offers (2) great locations to service their customers. We operate out of the Allegan City Airport know locally as Padgham Field (35D),Which is conviently located Nort of Kalamazoo's Class D airspace; and Dr. Haines Three Rivers Airport, which is conveniently located south of Kalamazoo's Class D Airspace. Since both locations are a non-towered fields we offer greatly reduced instruction rates and pass these savings along to the student. Come Fly with us and see for yourself why Ace Aviation has outlasted all all the rest and is simply the best.

"We Offer flight instruction from Student Pilot up through Commercial and Multi-Engine. Don't be fooled by high priced gimicks that offer you the ability to go from zero to superhero in 6 months. You can receive the same high quality training for a fraction of the total cost right here at Ace Aviation."

I know this sounds petty, but my Editor brain hemorrhaged when I thumbed through his site. Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan at the Dr Haines Airport (KHAI) really needs a better content writer. This doesn't exactly scream "I can see that you run a professional operation, so please take my money!"

Though I'm beginning to understand how "Dominque" happened.

Regardless, ya gotta respect how Ace Aviation not only outlasted all the rest... but ALL all the rest...

Last edited:
Does anyone else automatically mistrust a person or company named Ace? Besides the hardware stores? Kind of like "see Slick for the best deal!" :D

Does anyone else automatically mistrust a person or company named Ace? Besides the hardware stores? Kind of like "see Slick for the best deal!" :D

Well, you might recall during the summer that actor who did some flying with Comanche Joe.

Fascinating.

I like principles and their consistent application because it makes life a teeny tiny bit more predictable. I only mention this moral failing of mine because:

The PoA rules explicitly disallow public posting of private messages without the consent of their author. Did you get that consent? I ask because I don't see any exception to that rule that suspends it because "he started it first" or "the author is a jerk and doesn't deserve the protection of those rules - and I can prove it using private messages."
That's a fair point. If the MC wishes to take action against me, they certainly can do so. I, however, considered his posting of a *partial* discussion between he and I without my consent to consist of implicit consent from him to do the same. After all, if he didn't *want* his PM's public, he shouldn't have taken them public.

But that's really the MC's call - and in the spirit of those same principles - since discussion of disciplinary action by the MC is also against the rules, we probably shouldn't say more on the matter.

At this point I don't see what the point is of even having a list of "Rules of Conduct" if the only rules being consistently applied are those with the phrase "sole discretion."
Feel free to report me.

Question for any MC members who might see this post - what was the reason, if known, for the OP's alleged failure to get any response at all from the MC?

Not on the MC anymore but in my day, generally speaking it was a bureaucratic process - if it ain't really urgent / important and if the user in question hasn't been enough of a PITA it doesn't get a lot of attention.

Well shoot, now I'm curious what Dominque's side of the story is.

:rofl::rofl: Thanks Chuck, just more proof that no good deed goes unpunished.;)

Now, thing is, how do you know that Derek didn't take that money and get a sex change to become Dominque?:lol:

If he-she keeps bugging you or sues the board and our esteemed esquires can't deal with it, let me know, I have a plan for a "Discovery Flight"....:rofl::rofl::rofl: I can do things lawyers can't, or at least probably shouldn't.;) (I don't particularly mind crashing. :D)

You made a lot of friends when you gave us this board when Yellow shut down, not just the lawyers have your back, even the more evil of us do too.:lol:

Too bad we don't have the "Butthurt" form on this board, but then it's probably good because it would have been posted 50 times by now.:rofl:

Now, thing is, how do you know that Derek didn't take that money and get a sex change to become Dominque?:lol:

I have first hand knowledge of one FBO owner who did that, not that there's anything... Yeah there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back