POA and their Management Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have first hand knowledge of one FBO owner who did that, not that there's anything... Yeah there is.

I can't imagine trusting doctors that much, even if I wanted one. :yikes:

I have first hand knowledge of one FBO owner who did that, not that there's anything... Yeah there is.

I had an instructor do that once when I was running a technical school here. It was a rather interesting experience. :hairraise:

At the request of the MC I have removed the original messages that I received from Dominque.

For those who missed them, I'll be happy to summarize. Dominque - an alias for Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation, the very same from the link posted above by Ron, contacted me, the wrong person, about removing that thread. I informed Derek that I wasn't part of the MC anymore and he'd have to reach out to them. He said he'd done so and gotten no response and could I offer him any advice, to which I said he should give up (see the reply he posted w/o my permission in the first post - I'm retroactively granting authorization for him to use that PM). He replied to me implying / threatening legal action, and I read him the riot act.

The reitred evil overlord has spoken. :)

Does anyone else automatically mistrust a person or company named Ace? Besides the hardware stores? Kind of like "see Slick for the best deal!" :D

That is what Snoopy called all of his flying servies! lol

It just goes to show - it's unwise to wake retired evil overlords from their slumber.
:no:

I think the moral here is that it's unwise to come onto an internet forum and demand a post be removed, then be rude and self-righteous about the deal. It makes it look like you have something to hide, and only draws negative attention.

We know there are businesses who have been given negative reviews on here, saw it, corrected it, and gained business as a result. What's so hard about this concept?

I think the moral here is that it's unwise to come onto an internet forum and demand a post be removed, then be rude and self-righteous about the deal. It makes it look like you have something to hide, and only draws negative attention.

We know there are businesses who have been given negative reviews on here, saw it, corrected it, and gained business as a result. What's so hard about this concept?

Speaking of good customer service, and to kind of derail this thread.

I have to give a triple Bravo Zulo to Lowe's Home Improvement.

Our 51 week old dishwasher stopped draining on us a few weeks ago. We'd not only lost the paperwork (renovations, chaos, general mayhem in our house) but the credit card number used to buy it had changed and we didn't have the old number.

I was skeptical that Lowe's would help at all - I figured we were screwed and would need to buy a new dishwasher outright.

Contrary to my expectations, *EVERYONE* at Lowe's - cashiers, customer service reps on the phone, anonymous data searchers pulling receipt requests and the store manager ALL bent over backwards to help us find proof of the purchase, and having found that the dw was still in warranty, we were able to replace and upgrade it with full credit for our original purpose.

Lowe's is a store that understands customer service.
Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers Michigan apparently does not.

On an aviation derailing topic, I'd like to add that Lightspeed alo understands customer service.

I sent my Zulu in for its second repair in the 3 years I've had it (and 1000ish hours of flying). Both times, it was my fault there was an issue, and both times it was fixed cheerfully under warranty, free of charge. They even gave me a new mic cover (my old one fell off). When I sent the 20xlc in for repairs (also my fault), they were just as cheerful.

I've been so happy with their products and service, that my Bose (which has held up very poorly and was in terrible shape) got traded in on a Zulu 2. I knew I'd be lucky to sell it for $50 due to its beat up condition, even though it did technically function. I disclosed this to Lightspeed, who said it was no problem at all, and I got my $300 trade-in value. Now we're an all-Lightspeed family with a Zulu 2, Zulu, and 20xlc.

Wow, I live here in Mich. and I've never heard of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers or Allegan . I used to take my plane to someone else in Allegan.
So I've heard nothing good or bad about" Derek Mulder at Ace Aviation" unusual as most pilots cluck like old hen's when it comes to complaints or brag about how good their FBO or mech. is.
Maybe this is the place that came in and bought all the equipment when Dodgen went under in Allegan.????????

It just goes to show - it's unwise to wake retired evil overlords from their slumber.
:no:

Actually, what this thread shows me is...no matter how old or otherwise mature they may be, if you look REALLLLLY closely, you can still find the middle school boy hiding just below the surface in most men.

Of course in my day it was called junior high.

Wow, I live here in Mich. and I've never heard of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers or Allegan . I used to take my plane to someone else in Allegan.
So I've heard nothing good or bad about" Derek Mulder at Ace Aviation" unusual as most pilots cluck like old hen's when it comes to complaints or brag about how good their FBO or mech. is.
Maybe this is the place that came in and bought all the equipment when Dodgen went under in Allegan.????????
Cluck ,cluck.
Probably should throw this out there:
I personally can recommend T&J Aviation in Hastings Mi., Todd did a complete overhaul for me and does all my annuals/work now. He's probably the nicest and most honest guy I've met in my 61 years .

Actually, what this thread shows me is...no matter how old or otherwise mature they may be, if you look REALLLLLY closely, you can still find the middle school boy hiding just below the surface in most men.

Of course in my day it was called junior high.

Yep, some of them take action, and some of them make a point of talking about how superior they are to the others.

I read the original thread, and the post was about such a trivial ***** over a relatively minor customer service issue, that I don't understand what the OP's beef is. I probably read it originally and forgot about it.

The repeated posting of the involved persons name and geographic location with the sole purpose of bringing derogatory information about him to the top of google searches is sufficiently covered by the following two items in the rules of conduct. Yes, he/she/it has mishandled this matter, it does not mean that the rules of conduct dont apply to everyone else.

• Trolling is prohibited. Whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board, it is considered "trolling." The public posting of reputation comments received, which are considered by PoA to be personal and confidential, is considered ipso facto trolling. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run; it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
  • Participant shall not post messages containing personal phone numbers or addresses other than their own.

The repeated posting of the involved persons name and geographic location with the sole purpose of bringing derogatory information about him to the top of google searches is sufficiently covered by the following two items in the rules of conduct. Yes, he/she/it has mishandled this matter, it does not mean that the rules of conduct dont apply to everyone else.

• Trolling is prohibited. Whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board, it is considered "trolling." The public posting of reputation comments received, which are considered by PoA to be personal and confidential, is considered ipso facto trolling. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run; it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
  • Participant shall not post messages containing personal phone numbers or addresses other than their own.

I don't think that posting Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan, over and over is giving out the phone number of address of Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan, but rather, its merely point out that Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan works at Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

I appreciate the anti-troll and restrictions on phone number, address, name posting. It does provide those with legitimate concerns about privacy from being 'outed' if you will.

Having recently been spanked for an egregious violation of a rule, it's apparent that the MC of POA is alive, and responding to people who have been butthurt and whine to the MC about their booboo.

In this case, it's clear that the OP joined and hid their real name(nothing wrong with that, cause I do it too). Then, they proceeded to bash the MC, and another poster who expressed a real business concern with the OP via their actual name and business.

Frankly, I'd rather have the trolls, than the OP in this case. But - I don't run the trains of course. I'm guessing this has been a real eye-opener to 'Dominque'; I'd like to be sympathetic, but really, if they have a problem with the original thread and the accusations made in that thread, then come on here under your old name/login and dispute them. We'll listen to both sides, pass judgment, and excoriate the more guilty party. Without defense, the OP sounds like they are guilty of all the original sins mentioned, but want to keep that dirty laundry from the light of day, which is one of the more useful functions of the whole public forum idea. It's been working since Roman times, and I don't think we should mute anyone without some due process(like the founders thought as well).

I will say, it's fun to follow. We really need more input from Dominque at this point.

I don't think that posting Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan, over and over is giving out the phone number of address of Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan, but rather, its merely point out that Derek Mulder of Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan works at Ace Aviation in Three Rivers, Michigan.

Choc shake now evenly dispersed all over the keybaord and part of the monitor in the classic film noir "spit take".

I don't think that posting..., over and over is giving out the phone number of address of....

Well... it *is* the MC's call, after all. I cannot criticize a poster for whining about the MC's behavior if I myself willy-nilly depart from the MC's desired code of conduct.

I can appreciate the MC taking the high road on this...though it's not a road my wheels are accustomed to travel upon. :)

Ron Wanttaja

Nice avatar, "Ace"!

This just shows the stupidity of people. worrying about what someone said long ago in a thread on an internet forum is just lame. maybe OP has a case of low self esteem. :yes:

on the other side of the story. In aviation you should never front money. PAY AS SERVED or as you go and you will stay away from getting ripped off. overall I think there was stupidity on both sides.:yikes::yikes::yikes:

I would probably never go to OPs business based on his inmaturity.

The Management Council has decided that this thread has ran its course and is not in the best interest of the community. As a result it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back