POA and their Management Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominque

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dominque
I am not at all a fan of POA. Over the last 4 months I have been trying to get somone in this organization to respond to my request to review misleading and inacurate information about my person and my business. Your management team has responded to me with the following note pasted below.

Talk is cheap. If someone is posting something that is not at all correct, and they are not able to support their comments. POA has a moral responsibilty to remove that post immiedeatly. If you can't back it up, take it down.!

This post was sent by the Evel Over Lord.

Frankly yes. Give it up. POA is not responsible for information posted by others. If someone wants to rant about a civil dispute, right or wrong or somewhere in the middle, as long as they abide by the terms of service, they can do so, and POA Management isn't going to interfere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominque
I have sent a private message to the managment board, and no one has responded. I would like to see this matter resolved, as I am spending way to much time on this. Do you have any suggestions?

I love it...

First post on the first day of the new year and they come out bitchin.

Honestly people when your site administration has a signature line that states.

Chuck "Greebo" Haeberle, PP-ASEL 7/15/2003
RETIRED! Contacting me about any site issues will only waste your time. I will delete any such PM's unanswered.

How could anyone think that this site has anything worthwhile on it to beinn with. Has anyone ever tried to contact the management board? it is almonst imposssible ot get a hold of anyone. No names, No phone numbers, no contact us at email addresses. They have the on/off button to the microphone.

My first reaction would be: freedom of speech. You also have the freedom to rebut - that would probably be more effective than posting a complaint about management.

Fill out this form and mail it in to:

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Washington, DC 20500

Internet_5f874d_989176.jpg

Freedom of speech does not give you the right to lie outright about someone. Nor does it give you the right to go on public bullien boards for the sole purpose of trying to upset someone's living. If the poster can not back up their comments, and POA has been notified that they are false or misleadding. POA has a responsibility to take down that post. Otherwise they are simply being a knowing party to false information.

My first reaction would be: freedom of speech. You also have the freedom to rebut - that would probably be more effective than posting a complaint about management.

What the hell are you talking about? As of this post, you have 4 total posts, all from today. Your join date was 12/20/12.

Who could have said something misleading about you 4 months ago when you weren't even on the boards?

If someone posted something about you or your business, why not disclose your name or your business name, and let us be the judge?

Freedom of speech does not give you the right to lie outright about someone. Nor does it give you the right to go on public bullien boards for the sole purpose of trying to upset someone's living. If the poster can not back up their comments, and POA has been notified that they are false or misleadding. POA has a responsibility to take down that post. Otherwise they are simply being a knowing party to false information.

You could create your own message board and run it how you see fit, or you could sue, whining here is not likely to do much more than "Streisand Effect" you. Sassing admins and telling them what there responsibilities are isn't likely wise either. Whatever was written, I'm going assume it's probably true given the attitude displayed here. i.e. not one I'd chose to do business with. A good businessman would address the issue here on the board and show an honest attempt to make it right instead of demanding censorship of the boards members. That's my $0.02

Someone forgot to take his meds. :goofy:

Whining? I have a ton of better things to do than screw around with POA. It is simple. If your post is without merit, and can not be substantied POA needs to take it down when notified.

Sassing admins is how you keep them in line. This POA board is out of control!

I have tried for 4 months to get this resolved. Off of the public board. Your Administration has turned a blind eye to a potential lawsuit.

You could create your own message board and run it how you see fit, or you could sue, whining here is not likely to do much more than "Streisand Effect" you. Sassing admins and telling them what there responsibilities are isn't likely wise either. Whatever was written, I'm going assume it's probably true given the attitude displayed here. i.e. not one I'd chose to do business with. A good businessman would address the issue here on the board and show an honest attempt to make it right instead of demanding censorship of the boards members. That's my $0.02

You don't need to be a memeber for someone to post Libel against you.

What the hell are you talking about? As of this post, you have 4 total posts, all from today. Your join date was 12/20/12.

Who could have said something misleading about you 4 months ago when you weren't even on the boards?

If someone posted something about you or your business, why not disclose your name or your business name, and let us be the judge?

This thread has been closed pending MC review. Just a reminder for all members that posting the contents of PMs without permission from the sender is against the Rules of Conduct.

After discussion - we have decided to unlock this thread. Please keep the posts civil and remain within our Rules of Conduct.

Jesse Angell
Pilots of America Management Council

Yea, my guess is that if the post was clearly libel, he'd have no problem with pointing that out openly. Just as the thread that he says started all of this is publicly available on the internet, so would be his rebuttal.

If I were a business owner concerned with negative feedback that's publicly viewable, I would acknowledge it, apologize for the experience or miscommunication, and offer to work it out privately. That way if someone sees it in a Google search of my business name, that would also see my mature and professional response, and maybe I'd even regain the business of the original client.

What I wouldn't do is cry about it, make a scene about how nobody will take it off the internet, and threaten to sue the medium on which the feedback was posted.

The fact that he refuses to either 1.) post a response offering to make amends with the offended client, or 2.) publicly (not anonymously) explain that the disgruntled customer is not being truthful definitely makes it seem like he has no reasonable claim to libel, is probably at fault (at least partially), and is just trying to erase evidence of poor business practices.

But this isn't the 'original' thread, does anybody know to which thread is being referred yet?

Dominque,

We don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Give us a link to the original story and then post your side of it. That's the way reasonable people handle this stuff.

I tend to refrain from complaint about the MC, as they are carrying out essential tasks without remuneration of any sort. I am similarly reticent to give much if any credence to someone who's primary (if not only) purpose seems to be to criticize the MC for the work they altruistically carryout out on everyone's behalf.

Dominque,

We don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Give us a link to the original story and then post your side of it. That's the way reasonable people handle this stuff.

The fact that he hasn't told us what thread the alleged libel was posted in means that we users of the forum have no way of substantiating his claims. If he's looking for allies in his quest to get management to delete the alleged libel, posting unsubstantiated claims is not likely to accomplish that goal.

I don't disagree with what POA did - if you've been slandered - sue. Part of the settlement can include the poster who slandered you retracting their claim and / or asking the Board to retract their claim . . .

Its not up to the management of the board to police the boards or settle civil disputes. . . .

If your post is without merit, and can not be substantied POA needs to take it down when notified.

I think you have the burden of proof screwed up here. I think the onus is on you first to establish that the post is without merit.

I think you have the burden of proof screwed up here. I think the onus is on you first to establish that the post is without merit.

What post? We've not seen the "post" ....

Whining? I have a ton of better things to do than screw around with POA.
And yet you're doing just that. What are you, David Riggs, James Campbell, or Barron Thomas?

I have tried for 4 months to get this resolved. Off of the public board. Your Administration has turned a blind eye to a potential lawsuit.
I'm sure they are no strangers to defending from frivolous lawsuits. But you must understand one thing: if they ever remove posts that make you butthurt, they demonstrate responsibility and must do it forevever and ever, for every belly-acher no matter how unfounded the claim. If they resist taking action, they are in a stronger position when your attorneys come calling. No admin will ever remove any posts that do not carry criminal responsibility (like CP).

Last edited:
Deleted at the request of the Management Council

Last edited:
Here's the untruncated thread link:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45699
The person who started that thread some 14 months ago made about six posts in it over a period of a week. He has only made one post on PoA since his last post on that thread some 14 months ago, and that was back in March 2012 on a totally different subject. There is no indication that "Dominique" has ever made a post on PoA before the one the other day which started this little hoo-hah, including nothing in his own defense on the original November 2011 thread linked above.
:dunno:

Last edited:
You're too quick for me Ron (as usual ;) ) but I fixed it in the OP

Oh - this thread really belongs in "Site Feedback and Support" - not "Flight Following" - which is supposed to be for *aviation* related discussions.

We have waste our time over this. I think POA has better things to do than this. I wish my money problems with companies were over such small amounts. It would be welcomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back