Plane Passenger Shoves Pilot in Terminal

In spite of the expert analysis on here it appears that the police have made a determination that there was a violation of the law by Mr. Foster.

To clarify: This pilot was flying as a passenger on that flight.
I've never seen a pilot flying that way that didn't go out of his way to represent himself and his company in a professional manner, knowing a lot of eyes are on him. Maybe this guy was the exception? Maybe he just took an extra second to help someone get a bag out of the overhead and Mr Foster didn't approve, "Hey! It was my turn! We go in order!"

To clarify: This pilot was flying as a passenger on that flight.
I've never seen a pilot flying that way that didn't go out of his way to represent himself and his company in a professional manner, knowing a lot of eyes are on him. Maybe this guy was the exception? Maybe he just took an extra second to help someone get a bag out of the overhead and Mr Foster didn't approve, "Hey! It was my turn! We go in order!"
Agreed. Foster is an @$$hole and acted like a punk *****. Doesn't even matter what the pilot did or didn't do. I really hope he gets his

Last edited:
I'm going to bet the pilot didn't press charges, mostly as there'd be no point in ever seeing the idiot again. Then he'd have to deal with him a third time.
Or he wanted to call his union rep first and find out how much trouble he was going to be in for refusing to give his name to a customer and then smacking him.

KCI terminals rarely seem have security inside. Most of the time they stay outside to make sure you don't park more than a few seconds when picking up or dropping off pax.

Huh. I've never had an issue with security shooing me off from parking outside the baggage claim certainly nothing like some other airports, KFLL come to mind.

That said, there's no cell phone waiting lot so what I do, is I park at Signature and hang out in the nice comfy chairs in the FBO, get some coffee, watch some TV and then go pick up whoever is flying in after helping myself to the mouthwash in the bathroom.

That said, there's no cell phone waiting lot so what I do, is I park at Signature and hang out in the nice comfy chairs in the FBO, get some coffee, watch some TV and then go pick up whoever is flying in after helping myself to the mouthwash in the bathroom.

That Signature idea sounds good, I'll have to try it. Normally I end up in one of the parking garages, the first 30 minutes are free and the next 30 are only a couple of dollars. I think the actual cell phone lot is way the heck out in the long-term parking. With terminal A closed, you'd think they could use that as a cell phone lot.

View attachment 52938 Time for the 'self defense stance'. I may have to bring my dog on the next trip, she doesn't like strangers or fighting.

Yes, she gives me 'comfort' too.

pretty dog. for $50 you can take an online questionnaire and say that your dad didn't hug you enough. You'll get a certificate that allows therapy dogs on flights.

maybe the pilot could have removed his name tag and stuck it in his shirt pocket. Are you allowed to do that while in uniform and off duty?

No I am joking, what makes you think you damage a $500 phone for trying to take your photo?

As mentioned before, at the risk of being spanked by the MC, I gotta say that you are one complete idiot. The moron (Mr Foster) followed and basically ambushed the pilot, sticking his cellphone right up in the pilot's face. I'd have swatted the dude away as well. But in your humble opinion, he was merely "trying to take a photo"... WTF is wrong is with people these days?

Maybe so. Unless the swatting of the cell phone would complicate such a charge. (Not that I would blame the pilot.)
Five years sounds like a manslaughter sentence.
If this was simple assault, it would be limited to something a lot less.

Aggravated Assault is a felony punishable by approximately one to twenty years in prison, depending on the specific provisions of each state's sentencing statute.

No yelling, profanity, taunts or slapping a cell phone without contact with the body excuses an assailant from committing a physical assault under the law.

Since 9/11 all the airline employee including pilots are acting as bullies. In the name of security FAA has given those morons unlimited powers to treat the paying customers the way they like. The passengers are helpless and god forbidden he/she say something you have to spend night in the prison. I actually want to congratulate this fella to show some courage and send a message to those bullies

Since 9/11 all the airline employee including pilots are acting as bullies. In the name of security FAA has given those morons unlimited powers to treat the paying customers the way they like. The passengers are helpless and god forbidden he/she say something you have to spend night in the prison. I actually want to congratulate this fella to show some courage and send a message to those bullies
That's the stupidest thing I've read in a while. Let's see how you would react if some moron shoved a camera in your face and when you swatted it away he knocked you over.

Aggravated Assault is a felony punishable by approximately one to twenty years in prison, depending on the specific provisions of each state's sentencing statute.
According to the story, he was charged under a municipal assault violation. In Kansas City that's probably (50-169):

>>>>
  • Sec. 50-168. - Bodily injury—Attempting.
  • No person shall, by an intentional, overt act, attempt to unlawfully inflict a bodily injury or attempt to cause an unlawful, offensive contact upon the person of another. Any person found guilty of violating this section shall be punished by imprisonment not to exceed 180 days or by a fine of not less than $250.00 nor more than $1,000.00, or by both such imprisonment and fine.

(Code of Gen. Ords. 1967, § 26.13.1; Ord. No. 150448 , § 1, 6-11-15)

• Sec. 50-169. - Same—Inflicting.
    No person shall, by an intentional, overt act, unlawfully inflict bodily injury or cause an unlawful, offensive contact upon the person of another. Any person found guilty of violating this section shall be punished by imprisonment not to exceed 180 days or by a fine of not less than $250.00 nor more than $1,000.00, or by both such imprisonment and fine.

(Code of Gen. Ords. 1967, § 26.13.2; Ord. No. 150448 , § 1, 6-11-15)
    <<<<

Congratulations! I have read some real stupid comments on here but you take the grand prize. Your mom should be proud.

According to the story, he was charged under a municipal assault violation. In Kansas City that's probably (50-169):

>>>>
  • Sec. 50-168. - Bodily injury—Attempting.
  • No person shall, by an intentional, overt act, attempt to unlawfully inflict a bodily injury or attempt to cause an unlawful, offensive contact upon the person of another. Any person found guilty of violating this section shall be punished by imprisonment not to exceed 180 days or by a fine of not less than $250.00 nor more than $1,000.00, or by both such imprisonment and fine.

(Code of Gen. Ords. 1967, § 26.13.1; Ord. No. 150448 , § 1, 6-11-15)

• Sec. 50-169. - Same—Inflicting.
    No person shall, by an intentional, overt act, unlawfully inflict bodily injury or cause an unlawful, offensive contact upon the person of another. Any person found guilty of violating this section shall be punished by imprisonment not to exceed 180 days or by a fine of not less than $250.00 nor more than $1,000.00, or by both such imprisonment and fine.

(Code of Gen. Ords. 1967, § 26.13.2; Ord. No. 150448 , § 1, 6-11-15)
    <<<<

He was also on federal property. The federal government should get in there and charge the guy too.

He was also on federal property. The federal government should get in there and charge the guy too.
That's an interesting question - he was outside the secure area, but still on airport property. Is that part of the city (Kansas City) or is that Federal jurisdiction?

Bull.

Bull? Stupid ?
I should not have expected anything better from you people. Your moms taught you really good !!!
You guys are either blinded or dont care about others. I am not saying this from watching the news etc. Personally few years back for some reason my whole family was separated during boarding process. My two older one were fine but the 3 year old was crying pretty badly. We could see him and tried to console him but he would not listen . I asked the FA to see if he can switch seats. He says NO. After about 5 minutes I ask again. Then this 20 something year old punk turns around with eye balls popping out tells me that if I ask one more time he will throw me out of the airplane. I could not believe that someone could do this to a paying customers. If I do this to my customer , I will be out of job before the day ends. How you guys could support this kind of behavior?

Last edited:
What are crazy and asinine statement.^^^^^ You're really sticking up for a guy who just assaulted another person? In what way have you seen pilots bully other people?
Personally I know many pilots and most of them are decent guys.
But what I read in the news reports is that captains stand behind the staff's behavior no matter how unreasonable it was . captains should be able to judge fairly and not always support his/her fellow worker just to maintain unity of the staff.

Bull? Stupid ?
I should not have expected anything better from you people. Your moms taught you really good !!!
You guys are either blinded or dont care about others. I am not saying this from watching the news etc. Personally few years back for some reason my whole family was separated during boarding process. My two older one were fine but the 3 year old was crying pretty badly. We could see him and tried to console him but he would not listen . I asked the FA to see if he can switch seats. He says NO. After about 5 minutes I ask again. Then this 20 something year old punk turns around with eye balls popping out tells me that if I ask one more time he will throw me out of the airplane. I could not believe that someone could do this to a paying customers. If I do this to my customer , I will be out of job before the day ends. How you guys could support this kind of behavior?
OK that sucks but you didn't assault anyone right? I'm assuming not. That's good judgement on you.

This guy that assaulted the pilot? There's NO excuse for it. What's he teaching his kids if this is how he acts?

Commercial travel sucks. Just grin and bear it and move on with life.

Bull? Stupid ?

So let me get this straight - you have one poor experience years ago and decide to make the comment: "Since 9/11 all (emphasis mine) the airline employee including pilots are acting as bullies. In the name of security FAA has given those morons unlimited powers to treat the paying customers the way they like."

Okay man, whatever you say. But hey, my Mom must not have taught me good.

As an aside, we had a neighbor dispute recently where two grown men got in a yelling match.

Man A was much more irate than B.

Man A kept getting closer to B and screaming louder...

B pulled out his cell phone and started video, holding it at arm's length toward A.

A knocked it out of B's hand.

A is on probation for assault. The camera phone footage of the camera phone getting swatted was shown in court.

Personally I know many pilots and most of them are decent guys.
But what I read in the news reports is that captains stand behind the staff's behavior no matter how unreasonable it was . captains should be able to judge fairly and not always support his/her fellow worker just to maintain unity of the staff.
What news reports?

As an aside, we had a neighbor dispute recently where two grown men got in a yelling match.

B pulled out his cell phone and started video, holding it at arm's length toward A.

A is on probation for assault. The camera phone footage of the camera phone getting swatted was shown in court.
What's your point?

Bull? Stupid ?
I asked the FA to see if he can switch seats. He says NO. After about 5 minutes I ask again. Then this 20 something year old punk turns around with eye balls popping out tells me that if I ask one more time he will throw me out of the airplane.

So what did you do after he threw you off?

Also, this is why you pay for selected seats when you are traveling together, especially with small children.

What's your point?

That my neighbor's on probation for slapping the phone out of my other neighbor's hand.

Seemed a relevant anecdote given how many times it was mentioned as either a crime or not a crime.

I don't have any meaningful opinion about the video, nor was aforementioned story meant to convey one.

That my neighbor's on probation for slapping the phone out of my other neighbor's hand.

Seemed a relevant anecdote given how many times it was mentioned as either a crime or not a crime.

I don't have any meaningful opinion about the video, nor was aforementioned story meant to convey one.
Your neighbor A was the aggressor. That's why he's on probation.

In spite of the expert analysis on here it appears that the police have made a determination that there was a violation of the law by Mr. Foster.

Technically in our system of law, LE doesn't make that determination. They make the determination that there's an appearance of a violation of law, and a judge and jury get final say as to whether there actually was one.

Phone Lives Matter. LOL

Bull? Stupid ?

We would need a lot more information than you've provided to answer this question. Such as, were your tickets on a "discount" airline without assigned seating?

If so, welcome to the equivalent of the city bus.

Traveling with kids can suck. It can suck harder if you didn't fly an airline with assigned seating and didn't pay for it.

The other reason pilots will defend such things is that ultimately the crew MUST control the cabin. It's not optional. Telling you that your only remaining option is to disembark after multiple answers of "no" to the same question, is the correct answer.

Telling you he'd "throw you off" was probably not the best customer service ever, but the answer "no" was given how many times prior to this? Which part of "no" was difficult to understand?

We've had three year olds travel well in our family. Usually because mom and dad assure them that they're close by and the kid isn't watching dad have a mental breakdown and badgering flight crew over being ten feet away.

I have to wonder what triggered the kid's discontent, since I've seen kids handle separation from parents just fine with calm parents, many many times. Kids are also usually excited about the new experience they're having and often parents have talked up the destination (a vacation, family, whatever) so they're usually quite content to be headed somewhere new/neat.

Most kids mimic the behavior of mom and dad in unfamiliar public situations. If dad mans up and says to the kid that things are fine, and that you'll be at the neat place soon, most kids react quite well to that.

If this was an assigned seat airline, were you late? Missed a flight? Was the gate agent sticking you in whatever seats were left on a flight you weren't originally booked on? Were you at the gate soon enough to notify the agent that you had a three year old and it would be great if one parent could sit with the three year old?

All sorts of things you didn't mention. All things that were your responsibility to do, dad.

Or he wanted to call his union rep first and find out how much trouble he was going to be in for refusing to give his name to a customer and then smacking him.

He smacked the phone, not the customer. Quite a big difference.

I'm sure his union was the last thing on his mind after he turned around and realized he'd been stalked all the way from the gate to the building exit by a lunatic psycho who thought he was a budding Michael Moore. LOL.

Bull? Stupid ?
How has this changed by permission from the FAA after 9/11? And how is one FA's actions representative of an entire industry?

My guess is the FA feels the same way about all the passengers being morons due to the actions of one or two.

Back