Plane Landing on Highway Caught on Dashcam

Traffic, trees, signs ... pretty smooth to my untrained eye. How does one get the plane out of there, assuming engine problems?

Traffic, trees, signs ... pretty smooth to my untrained eye. How does one get the plane out of there, assuming engine problems?

Lacking adequately wide roads back to the airport, the wings are coming off and it's going on a trailer.

Put gas in it and take off again?

Hope the local cops aren't watching the amateur camera man running the red light to catch up with the plane.

Wasn't this a mission in Grand Theft Auto V?

Even landed with the green light..!!!

And everyone just drives by, like this happens every day.... nothing to see here folks, just another plane landing on a busy road without bending anything.

Even landed with the green light..!!!

And everyone just drives by, like this happens every day.... nothing to see here folks, just another plane landing on a busy road without bending anything.

It is LA....

Looks like that guy needs to set the time/date on his dash cam.

Not to worry. Just another emergency landing in traffic.

It was a student and a cfi

Probably get a ticket for
a) illegal parking
b) no hazard lights
c) no rear license plate

Wonder if the pilot reported "I have the Ball" when he spotted the sign in the median.

Cheers

Put gas in it and take off again?

Hope the local cops aren't watching the amateur camera man running the red light to catch up with the plane.

I would......

Piece of cake....:yes:

Last edited:
Lol wrong cheat code

Well done to the pilot!

Wow, not to mention greeting it down just before the overhead traffic lights. Nice job!

If I am ever faced with anything like that, I hope I do as well. No damage and nobody hurt = awesome combination

actually, one car was parked in front of the plane. I assume they were checking on their condition...:dunno:

I thought maybe but I'm not sure if they were doing that or just trying to get around someone to enter a parking lot.

I thought maybe but I'm not sure if they were doing that or just trying to get around someone to enter a parking lot.

I think they were stealing the radios while the CFI and student were trying to remember how to breath again...

actually, one car was parked in front of the plane. I assume they were checking on their condition...:dunno:

You would think they would have parked BEHIND the plane with the hazard lights on to warn the other drivers !!

...and nobody stops to see if they're allright.

Why wouldn't they? They didn't crash into anything. Unless someone was medically incapacitated there's not much a passing motorist can offer (except a gas can).

You would think they would have parked BEHIND the plane with the hazard lights on to warn the other drivers !!

Like anyone would notice a stop car with its blinkers on! Heck, drivers don't even see emergency vehicles lit up like Vegas.

Why? Do you think there's a chance that somebody will not see a plane taking up the 2 right lanes? :D

Why? Do you think there's a chance that somebody will not see a plane taking up the 2 right lanes? :D

Yes there is more than a chance. Putting on makeup, reading the paper, busy texting... there is any number of ways that can cause a driver to not see the obvious.

When I watched the video I noticed that the driver looked to deliberately park in front of the plane as though to prevent it from taking off again, or moving. My first thought was, that guy is mad about a plane landing on a city street and wanted to have words with the pilot. He may have thought this was some kind of stunt. Remember, a lot of the general public, particularly in urban areas, despise what we do.

This is at my home field. I had just landed a few minutes before it happend. A friend was on frequency when it happen and heard the whole thing go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back