Cphili

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cphili
I recently acquired a pitts s1c that needs more work than I could possibly manage, however I love these aircraft an since one is currently not flying and in pieces I took to it with the goal of someday getting it flying again. I know that this will not happen any time soon unless I have a lot of support. If you feel like the person to support such a thing just drop a comment let me know that would be awesome, just trying to save a icon in the aviation world.

If you don't have a set of plans already, obtaining a set would be the first step in any restoration.

steenaero.com has both the original S1-C drawings for $125 as well as updated CAD version drawings for $250.

Probably should be a part of the biplane forum...Lots of Pitts help over there.

It might help to let us know on which side of the planet you and the project are located.

Virtually nobody is building new ones, and the examples that exist are getting very long in the tooth. They will only last through those who have the motivation and means to restore these airplanes at a net financial loss. I wish you luck, and I hope you persevere!

Back