Pirep: McDonald's Filet o Fish Sandwich (or, salad, rather)

No pictures? Smh..

Thought about taking a QPC and the Filet and smashing them together for a photo. Surf and Turf!

But I was too hungry and on a deadline to go get the doggies.

Plus nobody really wants photos of fast food unless they’re from Sac and lettuce wrapped. :)

Thought about taking a QPC and the Filet and smashing them together for a photo. Surf and Turf!

But I was too hungry and on a deadline to go get the doggies.

Plus nobody really wants photos of fast food unless they’re from Sac and lettuce wrapped. :)

That's okay, they probably won't look much different the next time you get them. Correction. They probably won't look any different.

Now I'm craving a DQPC.

I’m upping my game tonight for a Saturday night. Ribeye, twice baked potato, and apple slaw.

Maybe a photo in a few minutes. Or maybe I’ll just eat it. Ha.

I’m upping my game tonight for a Saturday night. Ribeye, twice baked potato, and apple slaw.

Maybe a photo in a few minutes. Or maybe I’ll just eat it. Ha.
PHOTO! PHOTO!

Oops. I took a bite first. Couldn’t resist. Ha

1cb71754c154f28444e8d4443fef0d90.jpg

I rarely ever eat breakfast but I was in Half Moon Bay over the weekend, and literally the only place that does breakfast in Princeton (KHAF and the harbor are in Princeton, not Half Moon Bay proper) is the Three Zero Cafe at KHAF.

IMG_3836.JPG

I felt bad. All I wanted was two eggs. I got two eggs and a pile of potatoes and biscuits that looked and smelled good but I couldn't eat them.

I rarely ever eat breakfast but I was in Half Moon Bay over the weekend, and literally the only place that does breakfast in Princeton (KHAF and the harbor are in Princeton, not Half Moon Bay proper) is the Three Zero Cafe at KHAF.

View attachment 60468

I felt bad. All I wanted was two eggs. I got two eggs and a pile of potatoes and biscuits that looked and smelled good but I couldn't eat them.
You on a no carb diet permanently?

View attachment 60468

Afraid that be history if that were placed in front of me, like gone!

That looks almost like what I fixed for breakfast yesterday - eggs, bacon, English muffins, and coffee. If I would have thought about potatoes, I would have cooked some of them, too.

That looks really good.

Sorry it was sideways. Can you eat the potato? Or is that off of your no carb diet?

Whatever they do to the potatoes at that place is divine. Best i can tell is it’s a normal twice baked potato with a little sour cream and chives in the potato, but they lay a layer of cheese on top and flatten it on the grill upside down.

That’s the “crust”you see there on the potato half, it’s crispy cheese. I cut through it before snapping the photo to try to show what it was.

Place is called the Brick House in Parker. A seat next to the massive gas fireplace is divine. We got lucky and didn’t have a reservation and got right next to the thing. Their table seating is literally couches.

Like, love seat sized couches up against correctly sized massive wooden tables for the couches. It’s incredibly comfy. Little tricky getting in to some of them since you’re sliding over an armrest, but man is it comfortable once you’re in.

The have theater chair seating you can reserve for watching games on enormous wall mounted TVs right in front of those. And a bar with tall stools right behind those seats, too. If we are planning to go out to watch a sporting event, I try to remember many days before to reserve a seat, or a spot at that particular bar.

They also have extra and multiple bars over near, um... the bar, and outdoor seating in summer also.

Really we usually go over there on weeknights if we can. They do some happy hour appetizers you can make into a meal. Their meatball appetizers can do that duty also. And a huge beer list of microbrews, mostly local. Those happy hour apps aren’t on the weekend menu, but they’d probably make them for you, they just wouldn’t be at the special prices.

Their prosciutto wrapped veal meatloaf with spicy Sriracha ketchup baked on, and then smothered in brown mushroom gravy adds about five pounds to me just looking at it.

Their pork chops are also divine. Very light BBQ glaze of some sort, they don’t overdo it.

They do a brunch on weekends and it was ... okay. I probably won’t go out of my way to do that a lot but it’s nice to meet up with friends on a weekend morning. $2 mimosas or a pitcher of them if that’s your thing.

Orange juice / citrus juice and I don’t always get along, so I only do mimosas when I’m sure it won’t trigger a painful death by heartburn later. ;)

Right at the moment, it’s probably my favorite place to eat out. We actually hadn’t been there on the weekend, and the steaks are the special. It’s the ribeye or an 8 ounce fillet.

If the eggs were cooked a little more, and the biscuits a little less . . . . .

Yeah I so rarely get eggs to order at a restaurant I screwed up the phraseology, realizing my mistake after the order already went out. I should have just asked for a couple boiled eggs. Or scrambled maybe. I was after over easy, but I said sunny side up.

Sorry it was sideways. Can you eat the potato? Or is that off of your no carb diet?

Whatever they do to the potatoes at that place is divine. Best i can tell is it’s a normal twice baked potato with a little sour cream and chives in the potato, but they lay a layer of cheese on top and flatten it on the grill upside down.

That’s the “crust”you see there on the potato half, it’s crispy cheese. I cut through it before snapping the photo to try to show what it was.

Place is called the Brick House in Parker. A seat next to the massive gas fireplace is divine. We got lucky and didn’t have a reservation and got right next to the thing. Their table seating is literally couches.

Like, love seat sized couches up against correctly sized massive wooden tables for the couches. It’s incredibly comfy. Little tricky getting in to some of them since you’re sliding over an armrest, but man is it comfortable once you’re in.

The have theater chair seating you can reserve for watching games on enormous wall mounted TVs right in front of those. And a bar with tall stools right behind those seats, too. If we are planning to go out to watch a sporting event, I try to remember many days before to reserve a seat, or a spot at that particular bar.

They also have extra and multiple bars over near, um... the bar, and outdoor seating in summer also.

Really we usually go over there on weeknights if we can. They do some happy hour appetizers you can make into a meal. Their meatball appetizers can do that duty also. And a huge beer list of microbrews, mostly local. Those happy hour apps aren’t on the weekend menu, but they’d probably make them for you, they just wouldn’t be at the special prices.

Their prosciutto wrapped veal meatloaf with spicy Sriracha ketchup baked on, and then smothered in brown mushroom gravy adds about five pounds to me just looking at it.

Their pork chops are also divine. Very light BBQ glaze of some sort, they don’t overdo it.

They do a brunch on weekends and it was ... okay. I probably won’t go out of my way to do that a lot but it’s nice to meet up with friends on a weekend morning. $2 mimosas or a pitcher of them if that’s your thing.

Orange juice / citrus juice and I don’t always get along, so I only do mimosas when I’m sure it won’t trigger a painful death by heartburn later. ;)

Right at the moment, it’s probably my favorite place to eat out. We actually hadn’t been there on the weekend, and the steaks are the special. It’s the ribeye or an 8 ounce fillet.

The potato is kind of off my low carb diet. I like potatoes, particularly baked, loaded with lots of butter and sour cream. Potato skins are killer. Especially when cheese and bacon are involved.

Yeah I so rarely get eggs to order at a restaurant I screwed up the phraseology, realizing my mistake after the order already went out. I should have just asked for a couple boiled eggs. Or scrambled maybe. I was after over easy, but I said sunny side up.

Too bad there isn't an online guide on egg preparation phraseology.

Too bad there isn't an online guide on egg preparation phraseology.

Well look, I was on the spot, seated at a crowded restaurant needing to make a split decision or lose my place in the order round. I didn't have time to Google anything on my telephone.

Well look, I was on the spot, seated at a crowded restaurant needing to make a split decision or lose my place in the order round. I didn't have time to Google anything on my telephone.
Sac lost it on pressure to order eggs? Turn in your man card....oh, wait...

So, the question has not been answered: Which is better, square or triangle-ish fish?

bogo-free-long-john-silvers.jpg

Long John Silvers has triangle fish. I can't say I'm a fan but they are better than McD's square fish. Although not that much better.

Okay I'm torn. I feel like going on a review mission during lunch - Arby's came to mind, with their 2 fish sandwiches for $5 deal. But then, there is Long John Silvers, however, there is also a Popeye's next to it. I've never had Popeye's fish. Or Arby's either.

Okay I'm torn. I feel like going on a review mission during lunch - Arby's came to mind, with their 2 fish sandwiches for $5 deal. But then, there is Long John Silvers, however, there is also a Popeye's next to it. I've never had Popeye's fish. Or Arby's either.

Popeye's dirty rice pretty good, but then that's a carb. Used to get their chicken fingers naked, no breading, just chicky meat. Never seen fish at Popeye's either.

Arby’s has been airing their commercial for the new fish sandwich a lot lately. Looks like a decent sandwhich for the coin. My vote goes for that.

I’ve been told the Carver’s fish sandwich is good. Haven’t tried it.

All this fish talk...hmmm, Thursday, hmmm. The Rock Bottom has a decent cod fish n chips. Anybody up for lunch tomorrow?

As for all the filet-o-fishpaste sammiches....just say no. They aren't even worth the malt vinegar.

Arby’s has been airing their commercial for the new fish sandwich a lot lately. Looks like a decent sandwhich for the coin. My vote goes for that.

Well, the report is out. I will post it shortly. Separate thread.

It's not a fish, but the other dish was a salmon fish plate. It was at a local BBQ joint deep within the mountainous loins of El Dorado County. The type of place where you expect miners to hang out, not just Harley dudes.IMG_3850.JPG

Here you go @Sac Arrow. I made a meal that would fit your macros. 99/1 Ground Turkey, broccoli and avocado.

Almost all eaten now.. :)
C49FBB2B-A838-4FA7-A317-CE7153A8750D.jpeg

Last edited:
It's not a fish, but the other dish was a salmon fish plate. It was at a local BBQ joint deep within the mountainous loins of El Dorado County. The type of place where you expect miners to hang out, not just Harley dudes.View attachment 60623

That looks good, but brings an old question to mind: "where's the beef?"

Or was this an appetizer?

That looks good, but brings an old question to mind: "where's the beef?"

Or was this an appetizer?

Well, it was a salad, with added skirt steak. For a lunch skirt steak salad, it wasn't half bad. We're not talking BBQ platter here, and yes those were on the menu.

It would, I'm not a huge fan of ground turkey, but I'll deal with it in chilis. It gets made here. Not by me.
Yeah, for me, the fat to protein ratio wins me over. 26g protein in 4oz. But then again, the less fat, the drier and less tasty the meat is :)

Back