Pirep: McDonald's Filet o Fish Sandwich (or, salad, rather)

That has never been on my radar. We have a few. I might just have to suck it up and try them one of these days. I've pondered their menu but it looked tough for my (low carb) needs.

I'll give them a shot. And post an appropriate review.
I'd not try that....once you do....you'll be back for more.

They’re real meat chunks, Sac. Not puréed chicken parts. And the breading is just right and not too much. Delicious. A tad greasy maybe but it works with their breading.

They’re real meat chunks, Sac. Not puréed chicken parts. And the breading is just right and not too much. Delicious. A tad greasy maybe but it works with their breading.
and the dill pickle.....Oh my....goodness. Thought you died and went to heaven. :drool:

That has never been on my radar. We have a few. I might just have to suck it up and try them one of these days. I've pondered their menu but it looked tough for my (low carb) needs.

I'll give them a shot. And post an appropriate review.

They offers nuggets grilled also for a healthier choice.

and the dill pickle.....Oh my....goodness. Thought you died and went to heaven. :drool:

My wife asks for extra pickles. Sometimes they'll put 8-10 on her sandwich, sometimes they'll give her a little plastic condiment cup full.

Used to go to the only one in Columbus, OH, to get "a little taste of home" when we were in exile up there.

I stop by my local CFA about once every week or two for a breakfast biscuit. Good stuff. Check with your local CFA FB page. My place seems to offer free deals about once a month; not buy-one-get-one free, but free as in, "I'd like the free breakfast biscuit, please."

They offers nuggets grilled also for a healthier choice.

Blasphemy! Haha.

They’re alright but I can grill chicken at home.

I can’t do their nuggets and breading fried in peanut oil.

Well if I bought a fryer, or make a huge mess on the stove... but not gonna do that... :)

The nuggets are a nice way to dump the bun though. But you lose out on the pickles.

I never even thought of asking for a side of pickle slices with the nuggets. Now that would be nice.

I stop by my local CFA about once every week or two for a breakfast biscuit. Good stuff. Check with your local CFA FB page. My place seems to offer free deals about once a month; not buy-one-get-one free, but free as in, "I'd like the free breakfast biscuit, please."
My go-to is a #1 meal (CFA sandwich with fries) and a sweet tea.

Im with ya @denverpilot, CFA is the place to go for nuggets!

Blasphemy! Haha.

They’re alright but I can grill chicken at home. .

Now I didn't say that's what I order at CFA. I brought that up because Sac is always about healthy eating it seems, and I figured he wouldn't like the breading without lettuce or something, you know. I like those little breakfast nuggets in a roll, man addicting but good.

All right, I'm on a mission. Can't say for sure it will be today, but, I do see that they have salads. Like this one.

Cobb Salad
$8.79
Additional Product Options
INGREDIENTS
Romaine lettuce, nuggets (whole chicken breast, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, egg, nonfat milk], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil with dimethylpolysiloxane as an anti-foaming agent]), grape tomatoes, Monterey/Jack cheddar cheese blend (cheddar cheese [pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, annatto {color}], Monterey Jack cheese [milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes], potato starch and powdered cellulose added to prevent caking, natamycin [a natural mold inhibitor]), roasted corn, egg, baby field greens, bacon (cured with water, salt, sugar, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite. may also contain, potassium chloride, dextrose, smoke flavoring, sodium phosphate, honey, potassium lactate, sodium diacetate, flavoring), carrots, red cabbage.

Who would have thought to use dimethylpolysiloxane as an anti-foaming agent. Wouldn't have been the first thing to enter my mind.

Burger Chef had a Burger Bar, similar to a salad bar. You could go in and get a plain hamburger for pretty cheap (like 35 cents), and then load it up with half a ton of "fixins." Ate a few of them when I was low on cash.

Dairy Queen in Cocoa (Not Beach) Florida, had that when my wife and I were first married. We'd drive down, get 2 burgers and waters. Load up on the fixings bar. Dinner date for $1. She still speaks fondly of that...

Dairy Queen in Cocoa (Not Beach) Florida, had that when my wife and I were first married. We'd drive down, get 2 burgers and waters. Load up on the fixings bar. Dinner date for $1. She still speaks fondly of that...

Every now and then my wife wants to go to Costco for dinner and get the foot long hotdog and large soda for $1.50 deal. She giggles like a little kid at our little $3 dinner date.

Every now and then my wife wants to go to Costco for dinner and get the foot long hotdog and large soda for $1.50 deal. She giggles like a little kid at our little $3 dinner date.

Yeah that's a delicious doggie too. Ours has Italian sausage w/ onions & peppers, around $3-4 bucks, good too. Alas I pass 'em up, trying to be good.

Good choice. No dimethylpolysiloxane there.

Speaking of square meals, how about a bag of White Castles?

White Castle..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only time I have been to a white castle was going to a race. We saw one and stopped at it. We bought a couple bag fulls of the stuff. When we saw that is was a piece of baloney stuck in a roll, we literally fell over laughing..!!! Then we started throwing the things at each other. Then the manager asked us to leave. We pelted him with the rolls and baloney before leaving.

Hard to leave an area quietly when in a big truck with the drivers face and name painted on the side of the trailer....

White Castle..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only time I have been to a white castle was going to a race. We saw one and stopped at it. We bought a couple bag fulls of the stuff. When we saw that is was a piece of baloney stuck in a roll, we literally fell over laughing..!!! Then we started throwing the things at each other. Then the manager asked us to leave. We pelted him with the rolls and baloney before leaving.

Hard to leave an area quietly when in a big truck with the drivers face and name painted on the side of the trailer....

You racers, wild men!

We have the less favorable Krystal here. I like White Castle better if I had the choice.

Krystal isn't known for high quality burgers, but they are much better than the thin, greasy White Castle burgers on limp, soggy buns. The one thing White Castle has going for it is their onion petals, but I can't make an entire meal out of them.

You can get a variety meal at Krystal: burgers, dogs, chicken, all at low prices. Eat at least one of each for a full meal.

And Krystal also does a pretty good breakfast, with real eggs and pretty good grits! Wish my little Alabama town had one . . . .

Okay now THIS rocks. I can't say enough good things about Habit Burger. This is Ahi tuna, cooked perfectly, pink in the center. It's as good as your '$pensive seafood places Ahi.

IMG_3779.JPG

It's burnt. You eat it that way?

Just tell her it's for for POA. I'm sure she'd understand and would be happy to pose for a pic.

I'm kinda Jonesing for Burger Manager. She's a Filapina, you know. But #1 Burger Girl is a Latina.

I'm kinda Jonesing for Burger Manager. She's a Filapina, you know. But #1 Burger Girl is a Latina.

Can't go wrong either of those choices Sac, but I do agree with your priority order. ;) :)

Back