Piper is hiring!

Commas are your friend.

I was concerned with child labor laws.

And what happens after the 152 Cherokees are built?

I saw one opening for a Structural Engineer. Not much "hiring" going on in Piperland . . . .

If I were looking for this type of job, I would just send my resume, but that is me.

And what happens after the 152 Cherokees are built?

Wait a minute here--are you building Cherokees, or are you building 152s? Cause they're kind of upside down from each other . . . .

I saw one opening for a Structural Engineer.
That's listed under "posted since 3/1/2018." If you search all open positions (down a few lines) you'll see many more...including test pilot, flight test engineer, and so on.

Nauga,
papered

The linked page says nothing about hiring boys and girls. I suspect they want productive employees.

Child labor is very productive in many parts of the world. Maybe it's time to bring it back. All in the interest of "national security" of course. ;)

Commas are your friend.

Maybe Piper should hire somebody like you to edit their job listings.

Here’s an excerpt from the listing that’s new this month, for an engineer:
  • “Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.”
Seek opportunities to addressing opportunities? WTF does that mean?

Maybe Piper should hire somebody like you to edit their job listings.

Here’s an excerpt from the listing that’s new this month, for an engineer:
  • “Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.”
Seek opportunities to addressing opportunities? WTF does that mean?
It means HR wrote the job description

[True Story Time]

I was golfing and the uber-competitive guy had a ****ty t-shot. He killed the second shot. We we're all doing the polite golf clap.

He says, "I wish the first shot was that good."

Ravioli says "If you're first shot was that long you'd be WAY past the hole."

He says, "**** you, you literal prick," and stomps off to the cart.

The guy riding in the cart with me says, "Did he just call you a little prick?" and I said, "No, he said literal. If he said little I'd be offended."

Hmmm, I don't think a comma would change it. Piper is hiring, boys and girls. That can still be interpreted as Piper is hiring boys and girls. I could have said: Boys and girls, piper is hiring. But that still probably implies that Piper is hiring just boys and girls to those with no sense of humor and to those looking to bust chops. This is requiring way too much thought. I love how a simple phrase blows up on this board, makes it fun to read.

Hmmm, I don't think a comma would change it. Piper is hiring, boys and girls. That can still be interpreted as Piper is hiring boys and girls. I could have said: Boys and girls, piper is hiring. But that still probably implies that Piper is hiring just boys and girls to those with no sense of humor and to those looking to bust chops. This is requiring way too much thought. I love how a simple phrase blows up on this board, makes it fun to read.
Always making things complicated, aren’t you? Just drop the diminutive and you’d be okay.

Back