Pilot - Social Experiment

Been suspicious too, but I figured some prankster is willing to waste time on the Net, well... That's pretty much why we're all here.

If Kimberly isn't a real person, it has been a more interesting social engineering experiment than the larger-scale social engineering by the rich and powerful on my TV.

OMG. When I get home I'll post my POA fly-in pic.

Do these guys not know I've been posting since June, flew to MI to meet POA etc?

OOOkay folks, I'm just a little suspicious. Comes from being an engineer for 50 years that has been bull****ted to more often than I care to admit and having caught the bull**** less often than I care to admit.

"Kimberly" has a picture of a ravishing young blonde lady with a decent body and a nice smile. I can get ten THOUSAND pictures of ladies like that and make up ten THOUSAND stories of how I'm a new student pilot and just got my certificate and now I'm on the prowl for man meat.

Perhaps we've bought it prop to taillight. I'm not so sure. How do we get proof that this thread is for real?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

I have spoken on the phone with, and met in person, pilots from the blue board and the red board now.

What proof do you want?

Here is a link to the meetings:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44082

And another one, see post #2 (and others) that say "Kimberly does exist" here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44024

And in that thread above you will also find the photo of the POA-ers and me.

Any more doubts?

It doesn't really matter if "Kimberly" is real or not. This is a good escape - the whole point of the internet right?

Kimberly - I don't think you need to take good notes, you may want to review what you wrote on the first couple pages. Maybe it'll remind you of each person. :) Give us more "Notes" :)

Hmm - if Kimberly isn't real, then Cowboy Pilot sure has held up well.

--

Hang in there, Kimberly. It sure sounds to me like you are having fun with it, keeping it under control, and are going about it all intelligently.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Jim,

I have spoken on the phone with, and met in person, pilots from the blue board and the red board now.

What proof do you want?

Here is a link to the meetings:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44082

And another one, see post #2 (and others) that say "Kimberly does exist" here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44024

Any more doubts?

One word.

Photoshop.

This photo? :rofl:

attachment.php

Remember:

attachment.php

Attachments

• idog.jpg
    idog.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 131
good grief - what's wrong with you guys? I just donned my tinfoil hat and now I'm doubting that I exist. I looked in the mirror and my first thought was "photoshopped" :D

It doesn't really matter if "Kimberly" is real or not. This is a good escape - the whole point of the internet right?

You mean the whole point of the internet is to be a fake person or lie your butt off? Maybe for other websites but I think POA is a friends with a common interest thing...

I've found that adults are wary of getting anywhere near the controls. Children, on the other hand, especially small children, love switches, buttons and anything that lights up. :)
Good point, I was really only thinking about adults. I did have one 13 year old (stepson of a good friend who was also along) who wanted to make full control deflections any time he was allowed to touch the wheel. Fortunately he was small enough that I could easily overpower him but that did teach me a less about expectations about kids behavior.

Not exactly what I meant. Each case is unique. In this instance I found out by accident.

Had I known in advance that this person lived with their parents, I probably would have NOT gone on a date with them. It may sound mean, but depending on the circumstance, I think people should "leave the nest" and be independent. If they can't afford their own place, they can have roommates, but living with Mom and Dad - to me - is not OK.
I went back to living at home for the better part of a year when I was in my early twenties. I had been working and living in the Chicago area for a while and on opportunity to go back to Michigan in a better job with the same company opened up and I jumped on it but was too lazy to find a place of my own. Plus, even though I paid a modest rent I was able to save up enough money to get and stay out of debt. Of course it helped that I was working and travelling enough that I rarely spend time at home except for sleeping some nights plus most weekends. The other attractions were the ability to keep my boat on the lake behind my folks house as well as the typical perks like home cooked meals (gotta love your mom's cooking, right?) and free laundry service. But bringing girls home was kinda awkward so if I'd had more time for a social life I probably would have moved out sooner.

I only mentioned all this to point out that not every adult living at home with his parent's fits the stereotype so I'd recommend learning a little more about someone's situation before dismissing them out of hand for living in the home he grew up in. OTOH if you're getting so many offers that you need to have some criteria just to reduce the numbers to something manageable then the living situation might be a good one, at least statistically.
That being said, if it is truly a temporary thing or a special circumstance, I might be willing to make an exception.

Good for you:). Flexibility of the mind is one of the major keys to happiness.

Oh my goodness.

You can't "photoshop" other POA members saying they met me and we attended a 3-day event - together every day?

It is hilarious that you think I don't exist. And that I photoshop everything.

OOOkay folks, I'm just a little suspicious. Comes from being an engineer for 50 years that has been bull****ted to more often than I care to admit and having caught the bull**** less often than I care to admit.

"Kimberly" has a picture of a ravishing young blonde lady with a decent body and a nice smile. I can get ten THOUSAND pictures of ladies like that and make up ten THOUSAND stories of how I'm a new student pilot and just got my certificate and now I'm on the prowl for man meat.

Perhaps we've bought it prop to taillight. I'm not so sure. How do we get proof that this thread is for real?

Thanks,

Jim

You all missed the blatantly obvious: she is really a mail order Russian bride angling to get a rich American!

I'm kidding, Kimberly!

Oh my goodness.

You can't "photoshop" other POA members saying they met me and we attended a 3-day event - together every day?

They could have been bribed.

It is hilarious that you think I don't exist. And that I photoshop everything.

Yeah, photoshop for the picture, easy enough to paste a likeness in. The guys at 6Y9 were bribed, or they're just in on it. Yeah, its a conspiracy. We all know how much Ed enjoys his practical jokes. In reality you're an overweight pimple-ridden late-teenager yanking our chains to make himself feel better about his lack of a social life and attention from the fairer sex. Hah! You've been unmasked!

You mean the whole point of the internet is to be a fake person or lie your butt off? Maybe for other websites but I think POA is a friends with a common interest thing...

This is the whole reason I joined POA. I was impressed that everyone was "real" and had met each other (even though it was the internet). I flew out from CA to MI and was in attendance at an annual POA fly-in.

The best time I've had in a long time. Great people, nicest people I've ever met. Very accepting and fun to be around.

Yeah, photoshop for the picture, easy enough to paste a likeness in. The guys at 6Y9 were bribed, or they're just in on it. Yeah, its a conspiracy. We all know how much Ed enjoys his practical jokes. In reality you're an overweight pimple-ridden late-teenager yanking our chains to make himself feel better about his lack of a social life and attention from the fairer sex. Hah! You've been unmasked!

I am not going to post any photos in this thread. Right now you are just enjoying making me more and more upset.

If an entire thread about a fly-in, with photos, is not enough to convince you I am real . . . .

Well then nothing ever will and I'll stop trying.

What about all the people I have met in CA? Have they been bribed too? By the end of next month, I will have met and flown as PIC with 4 POAers.

Update:

Met friend one yesterday and walked on the beach (it was foggy and freezing). Had an awesome time - again - and we both enjoy hanging out.

Never heard back from vet so I did something lame - reversed my request. His phone was turned off when I tried to call so I'm going to simply leave him on Sunday and see the Bachelor #1 on Saturday with the headliner comic. He's from SNL and should be hilarious.

Have not confirmed any of this, waiting to hear back from both of them.

Fearing chemist more and more for Friday. Not sure why but he was a bit intense for me and seems to over-analyze what I say and text which might get old. We'll see about him then but I will definitely make a decision after Friday about whether or not to continue.

(sorry science fans)

I think you are real. Haven't you read The Velveteen Rabbit?

Hey, I still want to fly around the Golden Gate bridge.

Update:

Met friend one yesterday and walked on the beach (it was foggy and freezing). Had an awesome time - again - and we both enjoy hanging out.

Never heard back from vet so I did something lame - reversed my request. His phone was turned off when I tried to call so I'm going to simply leave him on Sunday and see the Bachelor #1 on Saturday with the headliner comic. He's from SNL and should be hilarious.

Have not confirmed any of this, waiting to hear back from both of them.

Fearing chemist more and more for Friday. Not sure why but he was a bit intense for me and seems to over-analyze what I say and text which might get old. We'll see about him then but I will definitely make a decision after Friday about whether or not to continue.

(sorry science fans)

We scientists are an analytical bunch. Drives Mrs. Steingar crazy from time to time.

Update:

ugh, that sounds old already.

I think you are real. Haven't you read The Velveteen Rabbit?

Hey, I still want to fly around the Golden Gate bridge.

Next time you are here, we will. It is awesome. I could do it a hundred times and not get tired of it. So if I do the same thing with all my POA friends who visit CA, I won't mind. It is / always will be my favorite thing to do.

You've been reading the "Holes in Flight School Security" thread over on the Red Board, haven't yo u?:yikes:

And here I thought it was how well you write with it. It's your wit that supposed to be sharp.

True, but think about the sociological and demographic implications of extending this euphemistic analogy ----

With a dull wit but a sharp pencil, one can still scribble. With a sharp wit but a dull pencil, even the chemist would have trouble leaving his . . . um . . . mark. :wink2:

New update:

Meeting Chemist for date #2 on Friday, Vet on Saturday for first date, Bachelor #1 for second date on Sunday for comedy, and have not even signed on to eHarmony to check up on the others (too much going on).

Friend one last night said "if you were going to die tomorrow, which one would you choose?"

So without hesitation, and though I have not even met him, I said "the Vet".

Therefore I am glad I will be seeing him before Bachelor #1's second meeting. Besides, I love comedy and will have a great time regardless of whether or not I see Bachelor #1 again.

Not sure what the chemist and I will be doing tomorrow night or when / what time - I need ideas that don't involve dinner. We've already met at a brewing company and we've already seen his lab. For all I know, he'll just say "let's meet at my place and figure out what to do from there." I know we are meeting in SF but I am kind of hoping to meet after we both individually feed ourselves dinner - so we can have another late night adventure. I guess we don't really need to go anywhere or do anything, I just don't know if I can trust him alone in his apartment. Guys need to take a hint when they are being too aggressive.

Funny thing is this little schedule snaffu shows that both people are flexible. Definitely a plus to find laid back people who are not upset by schedule changes. Then again, working out weekend plans on a Wednesday or Thursday gives plenty of notice.

It is the little things, though. Definitely a good sign.

do all women put this much thought into dating?

I always just asked myself if I wanted to see the girl again, if so I'd go forward.

do all women put this much thought into dating?

I always just asked myself if I wanted to see the girl again, if so I'd go forward.

That is what I do too. And if it is "maybe I want to see them again" as with the chemist, at this point, I will sort things out on a second date. But if it still continues to be "maybe" then I will not go past a second date.

Who whent to the UP recently? They should have an idea:idea:

Ed
Diz
Brad
Jen
Ryan
Tim
Clark
Pete
Jesse
Danielle
David
Gary
Jeanie
Grant
Leslie
(Buddy, Kaiser, Crash)

and those are just the POA pilots at the UP fly-in. I've met three other POA members in person too.

Ed
Diz
Brad
Jen
Ryan
Tim
Clark
Pete
Jesse
Danielle
David
Gary
Jeanie
Grant
Leslie
(Buddy, Kaiser, Crash)

and those are just the POA pilots at the UP fly-in. I've met three other POA members in person too.

Even though I'm at the bottom of the list (I guess somebody has to be, and we did drive, after all) I can verify that Kimberly is a real person who looks just like her photos. And Duncan, since you now know both us AND Tim, you should be able to assuage your concerns! ;)

Even though I'm at the bottom of the list (I guess somebody has to be, and we did drive, after all) I can verify that Kimberly is a real person who looks just like her photos. And Duncan, since you now know both us AND Tim, you should be able to assuage your concerns! ;)

Sorry, the ones at the top were there on Thursday when I arrived and the ones towards the bottom were there the other days.

But awesome! You vouch for me! Yay.

And for that, I expect the Bay Tour next time I'm in the City!

Grant (and Leslie), it goes WITHOUT SAYING that you and any other 6Y9 attendees may fly with me when you are in CA.

You can and should expect the Bay Tour. And nothing less.

Back