Pet Peeves

I actually find people who get anxious about the space annoying. No offense to you but when I see people start tapping their foot and hyming and hawing I increase the distance. We all get to the front at the exact same time regardless of individual spacing deep in line.
:yes::thumbsup:

This Keurig thing is a new thing for our office so I am just learning it. Isn't it a bit too new for a set of etiquette rules to have been developed for it?

It may be new to your office, but it's been around since 1998. But really, put something in, take it back out when you're done. Why make someone else do your work?

I keep planning on doing the whole AOL CD-ROM thing with these cups. Collect all the ones people left behind in a big freaking bag and just dump them out at work one day. I'd probably get fired, so maybe I'll save that for when I quit :)

You just described my life at home. My wife does every single one of those. But add in rinsing dishes on the side of the sink that does not have the garbage disposal.

Lol..nice. My wife doesn't leave the cup behind, but she uses this "modified" k cup that lets you use coffee grounds instead of the pre-packed stuff. She fills her cup and then removes the modified holder and doesn't put the original one back in.

I go to put my K cup in and there's no holder..every..single..time.

It may be new to your office, but it's been around since 1998. But really, put something in, take it back out when you're done. Why make someone else do your work?

I keep planning on doing the whole AOL CD-ROM thing with these cups. Collect all the ones people left behind in a big freaking bag and just dump them out at work one day. I'd probably get fired, so maybe I'll save that for when I quit :)

I agree with the concept, I'm just used to the standard drip coffee maker where the first one in the office loads it and starts the machine, and the guy that takes the last cup of coffee gets to reload the machine.

Yes I remove the Keurig cup, but I don't get annoyed if someone else doesn't either. It's not a big deal either way.

I agree with the concept, I'm just used to the standard drip coffee maker where the first one in the office loads it and starts the machine, and the guy that takes the last cup of coffee gets to reload the machine.

Yes I remove the Keurig cup, but I don't get annoyed if someone else doesn't either. It's not a big deal either way.

Yes, I agree with the bolded part. The same person in our office starts stuff up in the morning (or I do just to be helpful), problem is during the day you get the people who are willing to take the coffee but not put more in the pot. Just laziness.

Someone I work with saw me taking my K-cup out after I filled my cup and actually was so shocked, she "thanked" me. I never thought about it, it's just a flow...like the ones I use in the air. Do A, B then C, etc.

Lol..nice. My wife doesn't leave the cup behind, but she uses this "modified" k cup that lets you use coffee grounds instead of the pre-packed stuff. She fills her cup and then removes the modified holder and doesn't put the original one back in.

That would get old. And using the filter almost defeats the purpose of a Keurig. I have one of those too, thinking it would save $. Found out quickly that it wasn't worth the hassle, and that too many grounds make their way through the filter.

I used to be the first one at work. Everyone else would complain that I don't make coffee. I don't drink it so I don't make it.

One day I did. Filled up the part where the coffee goes, all the way to the top, added a little tooth paste for flavor, and little pepper to get the day going, and after that no one asked me to make coffee again...:dunno:

Last edited:

I have one of those reusable filters. I have gotten more use out of it than I thought I would.

People that complain their tired every day. Sorry schedule is out week in advance plan your parties or whatever for a day you don't work. Oh did you have to be in at 0930? Poor baby.

I hate that people decribe new/different ways to do things as a "life hack". Stop it.

People who call a small, family-owned business at 2 AM.

"Y'all got a room?"

Whether we are full or empty, the answer is always the same: "We do not allow bar-time arrivals. Our guests are sleeping."

People who call a small, family-owned business at 2 AM.

"Y'all got a room?"

Whether we are full or empty, the answer is always the same: "We do not allow bar-time arrivals. Our guests are sleeping."

Excellent policy!

Excellent policy!
We learned a long time ago that 90% of noise complaints were generated by the 1% who were checking in after bar time.

So, I decided to eliminate the 1%. It's cost us some money up-front, but paid dividends in the long run, since our repeat guests love this policy.

When people near the pattern use the term "upwind" when north of the airport and the winds are out of the south. Why can't you just say north of the airport and so many miles on a crosswind for runway xx? Instead of using a non-standard term.

David

Men's bathrooms (larger ones, I mean - not the ones with just one toilet) that don't have any urinals. Every time I walk into one I think, "Oh s***, did I just walk into the ladies room?"

There aren't many of these out there, but they seem to be popping up more and more.

Coffee cups, etc in the sink at work all filled up with nasty day old water because, the 1 ft distance to the dishwasher is just too much.

After months of polite requests, notices, and threats, one morning I took all of the coffee cups in the office and threw them in the dumpster.

Since I owned the company, I made the rules. Was I being a dick? Maybe. But after asking people in a nice way for literally months, it seemed that was the only recourse. The coffee cup owners who otherwise appeared to be adults had it coming.

I really hate it when I am the guy that took a video with his phone and forgot to turn the phone sideways! DOH! But I have software that can fix it.

David

Men's bathrooms (larger ones, I mean - not the ones with just one toilet) that don't have any urinals. Every time I walk into one I think, "Oh s***, did I just walk into the ladies room?"

There aren't many of these out there, but they seem to be popping up more and more.

Hmm that leads to:

Standing in a swamp of other dude's **** who can't hit the broadside of a barn.

After months of polite requests, notices, and threats, one morning I took all of the coffee cups in the office and threw them in the dumpster.

Since I owned the company, I made the rules. Was I being a dick? Maybe. But after asking people in a nice way for literally months, it seemed that was the only recourse. The coffee cup owners who otherwise appeared to be adults had it coming.

I'd quit that same day unless it was a stupid awesome job...which I know it wasn't.

Why do they board the alum tubes front rows first when all passengers board from the front? Oh, so 1st Class can feel special and sit first? Well, sorry about my carry on bopping your head...just like all my seatmates with their carry on. And you paid extra for that?

Why do they board the alum tubes front rows first when all passengers board from the front? Oh, so 1st Class can feel special and sit first? Well, sorry about my carry on bopping your head...just like all my seatmates with their carry on. And you paid extra for that?

First class should afford you the privilege to board last. If any of the peons has put their luggage in the first class bins, it shall be thrown overboard.

First class should afford you the privilege to board last. If any of the peons has put their luggage in the first class bins, it shall be thrown overboard.
But if first class boarded last, you wouldn't have time to get your free booze before departure.

But if first class boarded last, you wouldn't have time to get your free booze before departure.

Bingo. Although it works out either way, and I can usually get boozed up more effectively in the business class lounge than I can sitting in the seat.

Bingo. Although it works out either way, and I can usually get boozed up more effectively in the business class lounge than I can sitting in the seat.

You don't bring your own booze for the waiting area and onboard?

You don't bring your own booze for the waiting area and onboard?

Oh trust me, I've stowed mini bottles and beer cans from the lounge in my carry on before. I do this if I'm flying an economy class flight in-country but I have lounge privileges.

Pet peeve #325

Drunks who think they need two drinks prior to departure on a 8:30am flight and get pushy with the FA if she doesn't get the second drink to them in time.

Pet peeve #325

Drunks who think they need two drinks prior to departure on a 8:30am flight and get pushy with the FA if she doesn't get the second drink to them in time.

Hey now....

I'd quit that same day unless it was a stupid awesome job...which I know it wasn't.

Really? Over a coffee cup? Mmmk.

Styrofoam worked just fine from that point on. I got tired of seeing a dozen dirty cups day after day along with the stains all over the counter and sink.

The reply to 'thank you' is 'you are welcome' and not 'uh-huh'

People who are religious who tell people who they know are not, "I'll pray for you."

People I don't know who greet me initially by using a question:

* How you doing?
* What's happening?
* How's everything?

Miss Barista, if you really want to know how I'm doing, I can tell you all the sordid details of the history of my ingrown toenail, and how it was really cased by the dog. I have a feeling that you don't really care about that though. So don't ask. Just say hello.

People that exaggerate dumb stuff. I asked someone when their 90 day probationary time is up. They said a long time ago. OK genius it was last week because I asked someone else. Why exaggerate?

Back