Pet Peeves

Some of my pet peeves while at work are:

someone shoving their hand in my face so I take their store card
Someone scanning their card themselves because they can do it at self checkout
Someone who comes up to me while I'm clearly dealing with a customer asking for help
Someone who thinks its ok to jump everyone in line and get to my lane (which is closed because I am customer service and I sometimes take only one person at a time)
When someone leaves cold or frozen items at self checkout (or any item for that matter), we are no more than 5 feet away, hand it to me or the person standing there (so many items go damaged because people do this)
People who park in the grocery pick up lane who are not getting groceries delivered to them
Someone who pulls up allowing a second car in behind them to call the store (this sets a timer for 5mins, every time the button is pushed) so now I have 5 mins to deliver both sets of groceries :(

That's some of them for now, sorry for the long post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm split on that one, it kinda matters how close it is to my search. Say I'm searching for a Miata and some comparable price range comparable types like an MR-2, Fiat Spyder, MGB, or even say a convertible Cavalier, I'm fine. Most of the time I'm not that fussed about the brand. When an F-250 pop up, yeah, that's a "WTF dude, really?" moment.

Convertible Cavalier? In running condition? Don't be silly.

People that think they're way is the only way.

Dropped out of flying club due to finances and time. New student pilot age 60 or so says "you flying?" II said "no I quit" (hoping the conversation would stop I don't need to explain to you.) He was flabbergasted saying "I can't imagine quitting now I found it" good for you jackass.

I then started talking to someone else talking about seaplanes and trying other planes. First guy was like that'd be cool.... Yeah with what I save not being in this club I can afford to fly other planes

People that think they're way is the only way.

Dropped out of flying club due to finances and time. New student pilot age 60 or so says "you flying?" II said "no I quit" (hoping the conversation would stop I don't need to explain to you.) He was flabbergasted saying "I can't imagine quitting now I found it" good for you jackass.

I then started talking to someone else talking about seaplanes and trying other planes. First guy was like that'd be cool.... Yeah with what I save not being in this club I can afford to fly other planes

Pet Peeve: people who are too sensitive, and post about perceived problems on public forums.

I'm a little peeved the SZ is going to die and one of my best threads is gonna die with it...

I was peeved at lunch. Only 3rd in line at a drive-thru and it took almost 15 minutes to reach the window. The problem is that drive-thrus have no route of escape. Once you place your order, if there's a car behind you you're stuck and have no choice but to wait.

I was peeved at lunch. Only 3rd in line at a drive-thru and it took almost 15 minutes to reach the window. The problem is that drive-thrus have no route of escape. Once you place your order, if there's a car behind you you're stuck and have no choice but to wait.

One of the reasons why I don't go through a drive through, even if I am getting the order to go.

Until you've had a ferry boat between you and your hangar, you don't know the meaning of "peeved". lol

I may have mentioned this before but it happened again tonight..... At the gym some d-bag stands at the water fountain filling up his 2 liter bottle while I stand there pouring sweat and huffing. He even looks at me and keeps on filling it up! I about wanted to slap the bottle out of his hand and tell him to move.

I may have mentioned this before but it happened again tonight..... At the gym some d-bag stands at the water fountain filling up his 2 liter bottle while I stand there pouring sweat and huffing. He even looks at me and keeps on filling it up! I about wanted to slap the bottle out of his hand and tell him to move.

Dude's probably posting "so I was filling my 2 liter water bottle, and this dbag that didn't bother to bring one stands impatiently at the fountain. Never mind there was an open one on the other side of the floor."

Dude's probably posting "so I was filling my 2 liter water bottle, and this dbag that didn't bother to bring one stands impatiently at the fountain. Never mind there was an open one on the other side of the floor."

Hahaha could be..but only 1 water fountain out in the gym. Our base gym is rather small.

Hahaha could be..but only 1 water fountain out in the gym. Our base gym is rather small.

The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat. At least that's what I was always told. He may have just been trying to save your life in the future. You should thank him.

The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat. At least that's what I was always told. He may have just been trying to save your life in the future. You should thank him.

Nah I'm a civilian on base. If I see combat we are in a world of hurt.

People who say " you know.." after every sentence.

For example "I flew the plane yesterday, you know, had some nice lunch with friends, you know, then flew home, you know"

Dear applicant:

If you are replying to an ad seeking a clerical associate, please double check that:

- you actually appended a copy of your resume to your email.
- you spell checked your cover letter.
- you did not mis-spell the word 'medical', it is important.
- your email address comes up with 'firstname lastname' not with 'Yay, Yay'
- your resume doesn't go into the fax machine upside down.
- you didn't inadvertently include a forward-reply chain with salacious content to your email.
- if you copied and pasted work experience from someone elses resume, please make sure to delete their name from the top of the page and keep your page numbers in ascending order.

Last edited:
People in my office are doing that "cut food up" thing that bugs Sac so much. I'm starting to agree.

667e69ab647be77b49a5de3ed2d42c1c.jpg

People in my office are doing that "cut food up" thing that bugs Sac so much. I'm starting to agree.

667e69ab647be77b49a5de3ed2d42c1c.jpg

You're inflicting our community office snacks with your obsessive "portioning"?

THANKS MICHELLE OBAMA.

The number of goofball text messages our school sends out. And it's not a program that you sign up for - they just send unnecessary texts to the emergency contact number you provide at registration each year. Now they've started duplicating the emails they send with texts "just to make sure you receive proper notification". In the last week I've received five texts from them that all start with "this is a reminder to check your email about..." and then it repeats the message in the email.

Sac's thread reminded me:

IT security folks who don't get that the more complex they make password requirements, the more likely the user is to write it on a sticky note!

People standing too close to me in line. :hairraise: Especially when store space is abundant.

Sends shivers up my spine.

People standing too close to me in line. :hairraise: Especially when store space is abundant.

YES!!!

That annoys the hell out of me. I tend to increase the distance from me to the next person when that happens.

Sac's thread reminded me:

IT security folks who don't get that the more complex they make password requirements, the more likely the user is to write it on a sticky note!

Tell me about it. I can see for a bank account password, but for your gym membership login? It ain't THAT important.

They're trying to read your password.

As passwords go....

I hate security questions. They're dumb and don't work.

Don't make me change it every 30 days. Total PITA.

If icaFootba11 isn't good enough because it didn't have a "special" character then KMA cause many sites don't allow those special characters.

I use a common password modified for all sites so as not to use the same one over and over. In the example above I use the word football and make the f capital and replace the l's with 1's. Then add the three characters immediately to the left of the .com for the site I'm on. So for this site it'd be icaFootba11.

Easy peasy.

PS, that's not my password so don't bother...but that is the format for all of 'em.

YES!!!

That annoys the hell out of me. I tend to increase the distance from me to the next person when that happens.

Now we know how to mess with you two, at the next fly-in. LOL...

Just realized this now. I used to work at Dunkin' Donuts when I was a teen.

Me: Hi. How are you?
Customer: Large coffee, cream, and sugar

No freakin' courtesy these days.

Me (CFI) telling student something in flight....

student: "uh-huh" in most annoying monotone voice, multiple times.

student #2 does same thing.

student #3 does same.

they are father and two sons, flying with me each day they come out.

Ughhhh.....

Now that it keeps coming up, my pet peeve is folks who don't understand that THIS is the only real donut!

5ad88b2f3582bff9e0073d01dd2bda0e.jpg

Just realized this now. I used to work at Dunkin' Donuts when I was a teen.

Me: Hi. How are you?
Customer: Large coffee, cream, and sugar

No freakin' courtesy these days.

I use the drive through at Dunkin' Doughnuts fairly regularly. They always greet me with "Welcome to Dunkin'. How are you?" I always reply with "Fine thank you. How are you?" Which seems to surprise most of them. I guess because nobody else asks...

John

As passwords go....
Easy peasy.

I use the same password for a dozen sites like this one. Aviation, woodworking, sports, metal shaping, whatever. I'm not dedicating the mental RAM to keep up with a dozen of 'em. I've been using that same password for these sites for a decade.

But the money accounts? That's a little different.

And at work? They make me change passwords every couple of months. All I do is use the same "work' password and index the number in it by 1. Not too hard to remember.

I use the same password for a dozen sites like this one. Aviation, woodworking, sports, metal shaping, whatever. I'm not dedicating the mental RAM to keep up with a dozen of 'em. I've been using that same password for these sites for a decade.

But the money accounts? That's a little different.

And at work? They make me change passwords every couple of months. All I do is use the same "work' password and index the number in it by 1. Not too hard to remember.

Me, too. But for work, I use a nice sentence with the words all run together. If I need 8 characters, I just start typing words and when I end a word near the minimum I add enough numbers to fill it up. "Too damn many password changes" broke up into a year's worth of passwords.

Now that it keeps coming up, my pet peeve is folks who don't understand that THIS is the only real donut!

5ad88b2f3582bff9e0073d01dd2bda0e.jpg

Homesick now. I grew up on Shipley's.... loved the chocolate filled ones. When I was a kid I had a paper route. I worked a deal with the morning man at Shipleys, I would trade him a Sunday paper for a bag of day old do-nuts..... man, what a deal that was for me..!!!

Homesick now. I grew up on Shipley's.... loved the chocolate filled ones. When I was a kid I had a paper route. I worked a deal with the morning man at Shipleys, I would trade him a Sunday paper for a bag of day old do-nuts..... man, what a deal that was for me..!!!
There's a Shipley's about a half a mile up the road that's open 24x7... Now I'm thinking I need to make a quick trip over.

Shipley's blueberry donuts. I've never tasted any better. This one was in Starkville, MS.

Back