Pet Peeves

Heres a spot for life's minor complaints. Things that get under your craw for no particular reason. I'll start;

I can't stand it when I check into a hotel and the front desk calls my room a few minutes after I get there to ask, "if everything is okay?"

Well, yes, besides the phone ringing and interrupting me on my phone with my wife, or in the bathroom, or whatever I'm doing. I know they are just doing their job and it's supposed to be a nice gesture...but how about I call you if there's a problem?

I've had two hotels--one a Ritz Carlton property--call my room (and wake me from a nap) to tell me they wanted me to know they couldn't clean my room because of the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.

SERIOUSLY?! I hang a DO NOT DISTURB sign and you choose to call my room to disturb me?!? WTF???!

I've had two hotels--one a Ritz Carlton property--call my room (and wake me from a nap) to tell me they wanted me to know they couldn't clean my room because of the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.

SERIOUSLY?! I hang a DO NOT DISTURB sign and you choose to call my room to disturb me?!? WTF???!

Now THAT is hilarious! :lol:

An add-on: Motels that instruct their housekeepers to knock on the door at 9 AM. WTH? If one of our housekeepers did that, we would fire them on the spot.

It's funny how few hospitality businesses are actually hospitable.

Daysleepers who stand at the hotel counter at 8pm complaining to the lonely night-clerk that nobody is available to clean their room at this time.

That rates right up with the pizza girl at our local Round Table a few years ago. I ordered a pizza with anchovies on it. I got like two small ones.

"Why are there only two anchovies on this pizza?"

"We don't put many on because we find a lot of people don't like anchovies."

How do you argue with that.

Daysleepers who stand at the hotel counter at 8pm complaining to the lonely night-clerk that nobody is available to clean their room at this time.

I don't need my room cleaned. If I'm in a hotel for just a day or two, I'll often leave my Do Not Disturb hangar on the door the entire time, whether I'm in the room or not. I know how to hang up my towels and make my bed in the morning.

I don't need my room cleaned. If I'm in a hotel for just a day or two, I'll often leave my Do Not Disturb hangar on the door the entire time, whether I'm in the room or not. I know how to hang up my towels and make my bed in the morning.
Tell them at check in that you won't be needing housekeeping. If it's a competently run hotel (and there is no guarantee of that, no matter how much you're paying) that will resolve the issue.

Gross people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom

And then proceed to the FBO popcorn machine and scoop the popcorn with their hands.

No kidding, I saw EXACTLY that a few years back and haven't had FBO popcorn since. And the pilot in question came out of the stall while I was finishing up wash my hands so I followed him out. While I was shaking my head I saw this dimple dorf BLine straight to the popcorn.

BTW, you're welcome PoA...I bet this post alone saves millions of future calories!:)

And then proceed to the FBO popcorn machine and scoop the popcorn with their hands.

No kidding, I saw EXACTLY that a few years back and haven't had FBO popcorn since. And the pilot in question came out of the stall while I was finishing up wash my hands so I followed him out. While I was shaking my head I saw this dimple dorf BLine straight to the popcorn.

BTW, you're welcome PoA...I bet this post alone saves millions of future calories!:)

Exactly why I skip the mints at the exit to the restaurant...

Animals. It's sad when adults still don't wash their hands

And then come back to their desk and proceed to clip their toe nails. :yikes:

You beat me to this. I have a coworker who use to regularly clip his finger and toe nails about once a week or so. After several subtle hints, we finally said "Hey Joe, Please do your personal hygiene at home, it's pretty nasty hearing that work." The didn't get anywhere until the manager finally had enough.

I just don't get it.

You're supposed to make your bed?!? :)

#456 People who 'telework' but their login hours on the firewall dont match the hours entered on the time-clock software.....

People who check my damn 'login hours'. Seriously...get a life!

:)

BTW, my little peeve thread is close to 1,000 posts! Maybe we can dig deep and find a few more peeves? Like maybe people who keep track of post counts?

And then come back to their desk and proceed to clip their toe nails. :yikes:

Mike

The best machinist that ever worked for me had an odd toenail habit. He would stand in the middle of the shop, take off a boot and sock, then start gnawing on his toenails. 84 years old, foot in his mouth in the middle of a machine shop. Annoyed the heck out of me, but he never took a sick day, never showed up late, and was the fastest, most accurate machinist I had. I dealt with it.

My pet peeve, threads started by captain... :D

BTW, my little peeve thread is close to 1,000 posts! Maybe we can dig deep and find a few more peeves? Like maybe people who keep track of post counts?

Gratuitous thread bumping.

(I'm guilty of it too...)

Stepped on a lego once.
F that S

House rule: If I step on it, it goes in the trash.

Caveat 1: If I determine the value to be more than the pain it would be to go to the store to replace it and it is something that we probably need, it goes in a drawer.

Caveat 2: If it is mine and I step on it then cool I just found something I was missing.

Caveat 3: If I step on enough legos that fall into the Caveat 1 category and I am able to build something cool. It is mine.

But anyway. Yeah, someone (a dad) needs to invent rounded edge legos.

Stepped on a lego once.
F that S

House rule: If I step on it, it goes in the trash.

Caveat 1: If I determine the value to be more than the pain it would be to go to the store to replace it and it is something that we probably need, it goes in a drawer.

Caveat 2: If it is mine and I step on it then cool I just found something I was missing.

Caveat 3: If I step on enough legos that fall into the Caveat 1 category and I am able to build something cool. It is mine.

But anyway. Yeah, someone (a dad) needs to invent rounded edge legos.

I never really liked Legos. There was something about structures, machines and devices with rough jagged edges that just didn't appeal to me. Kind of like building a Ferrari out of sheet metal squares held together with duct tape. Now Lincoln Logs had their place. Erector sets? More functional.

So I guess that's a pet peeve of mine. Trying to adapt materials to a project where they just don't work. Now I can see putting together a squared off structure like a building with Legos, gluing them all together and finishing them off with the smooth cap pieces. But making a ship or a plane? Nah.

Ever walking through your house at night and accidentally kick a chair leg.
Damn, that smarts!

Oh or even worse...
you are bending down like in the kitchen but the cabinet door above your head is open
You stand up and WHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a m effer

Oh or even worse...
you are bending down like in the kitchen but the cabinet door above your head is open
You stand up and WHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a m effer

It is even better if someone else opened the cabinet while you had your head down to do something, e.g. load the dishwasher. Like this couldn't have waited a minute.

Ever walking through your house at night and accidentally kick a chair leg.
Damn, that smarts!

Come home from the airport, at 1am, try to quietly get into the house and fall over a suitcase parked in the middle of a hallway....

Oh, yeah, a couple year ago at a Christmas party on the top level of a hotel, someone placed all the chairs against the tables on the outside balcony such that the backrest was leaning on the table, causing the legs to stick outward and upward. It was very dark, and you could sort of see the tables but you couldn't make out the chairs. To make a long story short, I did a very brisk walk in to a chair leg, launching the chair with my shin.

To this day, my shin still has a crushed spot in the bone from that. Freakin' morons.

I believe we may have "stumbled" upon a new way to get information out of captured terrorist.

Just have them walk through a house full of American kid's toys at night - Barefoot.

They will then tell us anything we want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe we may have "stumbled" upon a new way to get information out of captured terrorist.

Just have them walk through a house full of American kid's toys at night - Barefoot.

They will then tell us anything we want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny-cosmic-lego-vs-hot-coals.jpg

A little head cheese adds flavor.:yikes:

Having to re-decorate the christmas tree every day. This was last night's attempts by the cat to remove every ornament.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 33
Having to re-decorate the christmas tree every day. This was last night's attempts by the cat to remove every ornament.

Even worse is having to recover the tree with tinsel.

And you know where that tinsel is going to end up.

Ugh I hate it when I make the 994th post in any thread.
Major Pet Peeve.

6 to go Captain

#865 people who complain about their pet

A few more:

- A Kleenex box that doesn't pop the next sheet up, and you have to dig for it with your fingertips. You inevitably then grab five sheets.

- Christmas lights that test fine in the store, and have a dead strand once hung.

- White elephant gift Christmas parties. We were at one last night with 70+ people. It took HOURS to get through the gift portion, which must be done sequentially.

- Controllers that don't release you from Flight Following until you're in the pattern at your destination airport, making you into "That guy" who doesn't report his position on Unicom until he's five miles out.

Because the cat knows you're supposed to decorate on christmas eve, not before. Silly humans never learn.

Back