Part Two Needed?

He seemed to have low tolerance for people whose opinions differed from his, but he wasn't the only one.

By the way, if there are people who don't want to know who someone sleeps with, was I wrong to reveal my sexual preference by mentioning that I have an ex-wife recently?
Start 5 threads in one day talking about your ex wife while thinly veiling it as aviation related and I’ll likely give you a hard time about your unhealthy fixation.

I've noticed that a newcomer doesn't have to announce being a gay activist to get accused of being a troll around here.

Start 5 threads in one day talking about your ex wife while thinly veiling it as aviation related and I’ll likely give you a hard time about your unhealthy fixation.

It appeared to me that the five threads in one day resulted from his threads repeatedly getting shut down due largely to the reception he was getting. He admitted to having temper problems, so things escalated.

If I started a thread talking about my ex-wife, I bet that not even ONE thread would have needed shutting down.

I've noticed that a newcomer doesn't have to announce being a gay activist to get accused of being a troll around here.
The other troll, Whitney, took the exact opposite approach than matthewjetpilot

In three years here I’ve never put anyone on ignore … until this week, now two. Sorry but this site is in someone’s (trolling) crosshairs.

It appeared to me that the five threads in one day resulted from his threads repeatedly getting shut down due largely to the reception he was getting. He admitted to having temper problems, so things escalated.

If I started a thread talking about my ex-wife, I bet that not even ONE thread would have needed shutting down.
If you signed up and your first post was about how horrible your ex wife is and linked to a site for people to ***** about their ex wife, and asked people with ex wives to message you, and acted generally like people with ex wives should get white glove treatment, just for having an ex wife, and anybody that doesn’t agree is a bigot, I honest to god think you’d have gotten the same reception. It was a douche bag (or trollish, if you prefer) way to introduce oneself.

Last edited:
In three years here I’ve never put anyone on ignore … until this week, now two. Sorry but this site is in someone’s (trolling) crosshairs.
Indeed it seems to be. <sigh>

What do you expect? Last week we had a long thread complaining about the AOPA. Did you really think they wouldn’t be gunning for us? Don’t you realize they have enough surplus money to hire trolls by the dozens?

Even Paranoids Of America has real enemies.

Why the sigh? Maybe I’m a “glass half full” kind of guy, but as a mod I’d think you’d be happy that so far this troll has been playing checkers (and playing poorly) when he could have been playing chess. He’s downright dumb, childish, and two-dimensional…not even trying to disguise what he’s doing, getting eliminated in a matter of minutes…this could be (much) worse.

Why the sigh? Maybe I’m a “glass half full” kind of guy, but as a mod I’d think you’d be happy that so far this troll has been playing checkers (and playing poorly) when he could have been playing chess. He’s downright dumb, childish, and two-dimensional…not even trying to disguise what he’s doing, getting eliminated in a matter of minutes…this could be (much) worse.
I sigh, because I’d rather my forum not be trolled at all, but c’est la vie. You’re right though, it’s been caught, albeit slower than I’d like, and we move on. Sometimes these individuals are easier to catch than others. The ones this week disguised themselves quite well.

I sigh, because I’d rather my forum not be trolled at all, but c’est la vie. You’re right though, it’s been caught, albeit slower than I’d like, and we move on. Sometimes these individuals are easier to catch than others. The ones this week disguised themselves quite well.

Should have been caught sooner and ejected. I could give the reasons why that should have happened but you know of one and the other is apparent ... o_O

Wait, there was more than one troll this last week? I guess I missed one? This place is really going to the weeds, with two trolls in one week! ;)

Wait, there was more than one troll this last week? I guess I missed one? This place is really going to the weeds, with two trolls in one week! ;)
2 troll accounts, but they were so similar in their approach I’m sure it was just one troll.

I missed the whole rigamarole, what got Whitney booted?

For the record I think trolls add a little spice to the echo chamber. :D

I missed the whole rigamarole, what got Whitney booted?

For the record I think trolls add a little spice to the echo chamber. :D

Pretty sure Whitney was a retread from someone previously booted. I'm not here enough to know every post of every troll but if we didn't have one every once in a while, we'd just be reading the "which plane should I buy" threads. It was the same on a woodworking forum I used to frequent but it was "which table saw should I buy."

Pretty sure Whitney was a retread from someone previously booted. I'm not here enough to know every post of every troll but if we didn't have one every once in a while, we'd just be reading the "which plane should I buy" threads. It was the same on a woodworking forum I used to frequent but it was "which table saw should I buy."
Whitney said he/she was Douglas Medford in a series of profane posts very late one evening. Mod(s) took them down within a half hour.

Last edited:
Did someone say hurt feelings? Am I too late for the party? I'll just leave this here for the next time someone catches feelings.
upload_2022-10-17_14-12-37.png

Back