Oshkosh 2022 picture thread

I've still got 'im.
This summer got away from me in terms of having adventures, but I'm planning a voyage to South Dakota next summer. In the meantime, anyone can come up and tick that Alaska bucket list item!

What day(s) were you there? I felt the opposite - seemed like everything was more crowded than before - granted, the last time I was here was 2018, and before that was 2009, so maybe my perspective is skewed or maybe I've just gotten crotchety and crowd-averse after crossing the 4-0 threshold.

And amongst all those people, we randomly bumped into each other filling our water bottles. What are the odds of that?

Good to see you guys.

View attachment 109298
dsc08906-jpeg.109298

What is this one? It looks like an M-18 with fixed gear and made from sheet metal. It looks like a cool little bird

It is a one-off Lockheed made for the Army. Very cool one-person airplane.

Interesting, the other plane I thought of in addition to the M-18 was the Lockheed Little Dipper. I don't know why, as that looks a lot different than this one, but interesting that they're both from the same company.

8527L.jpg

I made sure my kid will never have enough money or will have to study harder than I did in school. This is this first year he "got it". He had the camera around his neck all week, and the first week home he entertained us with his own nightly airshows.

Attachments

• 20220731_204535_compress98.jpg
    20220731_204535_compress98.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220730_150500_compress70.jpg
    20220730_150500_compress70.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 38
Well, I was going to wait until a few more episodes were completed, but with school starting back, the 'production schedule' has slowed a bit.

My 10 y/o son has taken a liking to creating YouTube videos. He's had a channel for a little over a year now and has mostly done videos that follow along with whatever 'hobby' he is following at the time (mostly video game play or reviews), BUT with our recent trip to Oshkosh, he started doing a series of videos from our trip. Keep in mind that these are from the viewpoint of a 10 y/o and if you get motion sick, you may want to look away at some points, as he is still working on camera handling (we're starting to think that 'editing' might be his strong point more so than content capture). ha!

Here to share (also, if your kids watch YT, he may have some stuff they understand): https://www.youtube.com/c/EEverything

Well, I was going to wait until a few more episodes were completed, but with school starting back, the 'production schedule' has slowed a bit.

My 10 y/o son has taken a liking to creating YouTube videos. He's had a channel for a little over a year now and has mostly done videos that follow along with whatever 'hobby' he is following at the time (mostly video game play or reviews), BUT with our recent trip to Oshkosh, he started doing a series of videos from our trip. Keep in mind that these are from the viewpoint of a 10 y/o and if you get motion sick, you may want to look away at some points, as he is still working on camera handling (we're starting to think that 'editing' might be his strong point more so than content capture). ha!

Here to share (also, if your kids watch YT, he may have some stuff they understand): https://www.youtube.com/c/EEverything

“how to get a saltine cracker from your forehead to your mouth“…… with content like that I have to be a subscriber!

“how to get a saltine cracker from your forehead to your mouth“…… with content like that I have to be a subscriber!

...coming soon to a PoA Fly-In near you!!

Last edited:
Back