Oshkosh 2022 picture thread

Mothers maiden name is Flynn…( Northern Ireland) so in some regard we are family…enjoy and have fun…wish I was going this year but have family duty.

you's guys better start posting some pics up in here

613cc5e7fa8e54b365824ff4944273e9.jpg

You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the story on the nosed-in biplane?
From the storm Saturday night. Looked like right tie down pulled loose out of the ground and plane was flipped left and up into the adjacent tree.

Only museum plane trashed, but have heard of multiple insurance claims from planes on the field. I hear rudders got torn up.

From the storm Saturday night. Looked like right tie down pulled loose out of the ground and plane was flipped left and up into the adjacent tree.

Only museum plane trashed, but have heard of multiple insurance claims from planes on the field. I hear rudders got torn up.

Ah, that makes sense. I hadn't been following the early week stuff, so I hadn't caught that they had a storm roll through. That's one of the worrisome parts about going to Osh, as they always seem to have at least one storm front roll through. Hopefully the damage was limited to just a handful of aircraft.

I would like to see 22 people in line at the Power Flow exhaust booth waiting to order their new exhaust system.

Come oooooooooon three hunny discount!!

what's this you say? why it's me posting a pic of a place where a lot of people who SHOULD be posting pics are right now.

upload_2022-7-26_14-29-2.png

Been flying since 2006 since, but never thought that if I was using a lower gust lock on the rudder, the top could torque nasty. Will be running an upper gust lock at the top (AirGizmo) if I leave my plane out like this. To date with both the Tiger and now the RV, the signature card at the FBO has always instructed "no brakes engaged, move to hangar if bad weather" ... Stinson did this for me years ago and once in California ... if I SEE the bad weather in the forecast, I just pay the hangar fee and put it in (did this in Telluride a couple of years ago) ...

They have the friendliest tower controller. Great place to do practice approaches. He always seems genuinely happy to have someone to talk to. Did you hit the restaurant there too?

Closed on Monday (Like every place else in Decatur)

Back