Oshkosh 2022 picture thread

I believe it! I couldn't believe how many people were there. There were no 'quiet' areas to be found (well actually we did find one but I ain't sharing it!) Would be interesting to know the day-by-day breakdown.

6% increase in homebuilts - I believe that, too!

Some of you may know about my Aztec obsession (see avatar).. well Sarasota Avionics brought in an Aztec with the whole treatment. This thing had everything imaginable.. and ofcourse, as much as I love steamgauges (again, see avatar), this plane was beautiful inside and out.. would have been fun to fly it home

upload_2022-8-1_18-49-6.png

AMW is a popular stopover. Several years ago when we still lived there, we were driving home from dinner one evening at dusk and I saw what looked like a Pitts and an RV on downwind. We drove out to the airport because... well.... airplanes. As we got there, I realized it wasn't a Pitts and it wasn't an RV. It was Sean Tucker's planes - his Oracle biplane and the accompanying low-wing. Unfortunately, Sean wasn't flying - a couple of his grunts were flying them to Chicago for an airshow and then OSH the following week. We helped them get their planes into a hangar and then drove them to their hotel. It was interesting hearing the backstories of flying those things cross-country.

Not sure I'm convinced. I remember years when one couldn't get around in the vendor hangars @ all - they were packed. Even the square would have peeps everywhere - this year not so much... I did think the # of a/c was as high or higher than usual.

Not sure I'm convinced. I remember years when one couldn't get around in the vendor hangars @ all - they were packed. Even the square would have peeps everywhere - this year not so much... I did think the # of a/c was as high or higher than usual.

What day(s) were you there? I felt the opposite - seemed like everything was more crowded than before - granted, the last time I was here was 2018, and before that was 2009, so maybe my perspective is skewed or maybe I've just gotten crotchety and crowd-averse after crossing the 4-0 threshold.

What day(s) were you there? I felt the opposite - seemed like everything was more crowded than before - granted, the last time I was here was 2018, and before that was 2009, so maybe my perspective is skewed or maybe I've just gotten crotchety and crowd-averse after crossing the 4-0 threshold.
We were there Monday thru Wednesday camping in VAC - we’ve been attending since ‘04, except for 2019, and of course 2020. And i could have gotten lucky, that’s just not normally the case.

We were there Monday thru Wednesday camping in VAC - we’ve been attending since ‘04, except for 2019, and of course 2020. And i could have gotten lucky, that’s just not normally the case.

Interesting. Same here, though we were based in HBC. Definitely reinforces that I'm just turning into a crotchety "get off my lawn" type that doesn't like crowds (not that that is a secret to anyone in my family :)).

I share the thought that it didn’t appear as busy as other years. I think the biggest change is free tickets for children. Some pilots aged out and with younguns free but definitely not interested in vendors, where the crowds are is shifting. Saturday night show was packed

I share the thought that it didn’t appear as busy as other years. I think the biggest change is free tickets for children. Some pilots aged out and with younguns free but definitely not interested in vendors, where the crowds are is shifting. Saturday night show was packed

Probably a good thing for GA. Bring the kids for a semi-free vacation and maybe get them interested in aircraft.

Cheers

Has anyone seen the picture I think they take every year high overhead of the field?

Probably a good thing for GA. Bring the kids for a semi-free vacation and maybe get them interested in aircraft.

Cheers

My oldest has been living on X-Plane since we got home. Even though he has been around airplanes since he was born, he was more of a passenger than an active participant until this trip. Maybe it lit a fire or fanned a flame or whatever cliché you want to use.

A new personal record for me:

I have missed 63 Oshkosh meets in a row....

Pretty impressive, since there’s only been about 50 or so! Reminds me of the guy who called into the sports talk show in Dallas and said he was 82 years old and had been a Cowboys fan all his life.

Pretty impressive, since there’s only been about 50 or so! Reminds me of the guy who called into the sports talk show in Dallas and said he was 82 years old and had been a Cowboys fan all his life.

50 or so consecutive years at Oshkosh.

images

https://inspire.eaa.org/2019/07/21/the-first-oshkosh-no-it-wasnt-in-1970/

It occurs to me that the monkey is conspicuously absent...

Here's the shot someone asked for of Scrappy with nobody else around. This was taken on the Firday before the show started. A few other shots are thrown in for good measure.

QgxdzK0l.jpg

AgSq75sl.jpg

4Ah0hpIl.jpg

BLunLEMl.jpg

ofpYastl.jpg

eyxLfPtl.jpg

Ho9b2Hjl.jpg

2bmWizTl.jpg

Rz1wF1Nl.jpg

It occurs to me that the monkey is conspicuously absent...
Yeah. @kath , @AKBill , which one of you has the little creature? Hey, maybe there will be enough money left over from the buy a brick drive to finance a trip for you to Oshkosh next year. Or finance a trip for me to go up there and get him. I'll need a new plane though.

Yeah. @kath , @AKBill , which one of you has the little creature? Hey, maybe there will be enough money left over from the buy a brick drive to finance a trip for you to Oshkosh next year. Or finance a trip for me to go up there and get him. I'll need a new plane though.

Pretty sure he’s been to osh and def to sun n fun, maybe twice.

Back