Osh PIREP

How’s the weather? Comfortable?

Sounds exciting though, looking forward to Wednesdays night air show.

Air quality is 152-unhealthy right now. I assume that’s from Canada and not the afternoon airshow.

I've been seeing air quality alerts from that area for a few days in a row ...

Smoke is supposed to move out of the area starting in the morning.

It was clear Fri Sat and Sunday. Haze smoke moved in today on Monday. Hopefully it does not stick around long.
I am getting ****ed at Canada,WTH?

All reports are accurate! It’s booming, busy, full of airplanes of all manner, and awfully smoky hazy today. Hoping it does clear up.

Pretty hazy here in Oshkosh this morning. Went VFR just a few minutes ago, but it's probably only 3 or 4 miles. Couple of Wacos just departed for a photo shoot.

It certainly feels like a down year and not nearly as busy as others to me. One whole half of one of the 4 hangers doesn’t have any vendors and there are some pretty big names missing (wicks and ford for example). The campground is packed but there doesn’t seem to be nearly as many people walking around the show grounds as lines are short. Even the two resteraunts I went to off site had no wait (fox river brewing and a pizza joint) I’m not complaining as it’s nice to not be struggling through crowds all day but it sure seems less busy than other years.

It certainly feels like a down year and not nearly as busy as others to me. One whole half of one of the 4 hangers doesn’t have any vendors and there are some pretty big names missing (wicks and ford for example). The campground is packed but there doesn’t seem to be nearly as many people walking around the show grounds as lines are short. Even the two resteraunts I went to off site had no wait (fox river brewing and a pizza joint) I’m not complaining as it’s nice to not be struggling through crowds all day but it sure seems less busy than other years.
Interesting perspective. Airplane parking in Homebuilts and the North 40 appear full. We have avoided the peak times in the commercial areas, so don’t have a great perspective on the crowds or lack of…

The North 40 store is very poorly stocked today.
They are even out of water.
Hopefully restock soon.

I’ve never seen Sholler so packed so early. By Sunday morning I half expected to see tents setup on top of rv’s. There were even people camping in the ditches. Bike corrals are spilling on to the roads. Can’t get on the blue tram mid route as usual. Tri-motor sold out by 10am. Even without the EAA’s “new math” at calculating attendance, I think we’ve easily beaten last year.

fc61905e7c66a3d19f3d1e74d94ab057.jpg

7c2f92fa26f39a519898e22afc029f3d.jpg

d98ac84195534fb2c07bb8af11119817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working flightline ops at 6Am this morning and pulled up the radar.

"There's a red thingy heading toward the blue thingy. I think we're the blue thingy."

I can't imagine why people would try to depart into a thunderstorm, but we had many leave and six that got caught on the taxiway after the tower closed the airport.

How’s the weather today going? Was planning to go up but didn’t want to be in the rain so now planning in the afternoon.

So I’ve spent the last few days driving all over the airport from almost the end of South 40 all the way around to Basler. Scholler is indeed packed. The aircraft camping areas, however were never near capacity as in years past—lots of holes and gaps. Don’t know if weather and/or wildfire smoke kept some folks home or not. But as I first posted, foot traffic seems up.

I went to go pickup my tie down order for OSH at aircraft spruce and it turns out they shipped *all* of their Midwest supply to KOSH. Anyone know if I'm allowed to leave the plane unsecured after landing at Osh so I can run over and get tie downs? Not sure how strict that is.

I went to go pickup my tie down order for OSH at aircraft spruce and it turns out they shipped *all* of their Midwest supply to KOSH. Anyone know if I'm allowed to leave the plane unsecured after landing at Osh so I can run over and get tie downs? Not sure how strict that is.
If you want you can talk to someone driving around on those motorbikes or what not but I don’t think they check anything, and there’s little communication between workers there. They seem to kick into action for moving aircraft (in and out) only and that’s if and when they see you.

Where are you parked? South 40 by the fence is awfully loud at night! (Truckers)

So I’ve spent the last few days driving all over the airport from almost the end of South 40 all the way around to Basler. Scholler is indeed packed. The aircraft camping areas, however were never near capacity as in years past—lots of holes and gaps. Don’t know if weather and/or wildfire smoke kept some folks home or not. But as I first posted, foot traffic seems up.
The website is saying GA camping has come close to capacity and that they expanded the camping grounds again this year, wonder where to

If you want you can talk to someone driving around on those motorbikes or what not but I don’t think they check anything, and there’s little communication between workers there. They seem to kick into action for moving aircraft (in and out) only and that’s if and when they see you.

Where are you parked? South 40 by the fence is awfully loud at night! (Truckers)
Not there, actually. I was going to take off from my home base since wx got better. Went to aircraft spruce to pick-up my tie-down order and found out they have none on hand to fill the order (deceptive that it says in-stock for pickup lol). I shouldn't have waited so long for pickup.

Re: parking I've been going based off their status online: "The General Aviation Camping area and the General Aviation Parking area each came close to capacity, but have remained open to new aircraft arrivals. Based on the expected number of departures, these areas are anticipated to remain open."

Not there, actually. I was going to take off from my home base since wx got better. Went to aircraft spruce to pick-up my tie-down order and found out they have none on hand to fill the order (deceptive that it says in-stock for pickup lol). I shouldn't have waited so long for pickup.

Re: parking I've been going based off their status online: "The General Aviation Camping area and the General Aviation Parking area each came close to capacity, but have remained open to new aircraft arrivals. Based on the expected number of departures, these areas are anticipated to remain open."
I’d recommend to be a little aggressive about a closer spot, like a better spot from someone else who left, there’s always tons of openings, if going in for camping. Do you have some paracord and dog lawn tie-downs? That would work too, just put two on the wings. Now of course if a huge storm comes in and starts flipping airplanes over then my suggestion doesn’t apply.

The website is saying GA camping has come close to capacity and that they expanded the camping grounds again this year, wonder where to
My guess is South 40. It extends way past the approach end of 36. So much so is I’d never want to park and camp down there if I didn’t have to. Anyway, my aircraft camping capacity assessment is unscientific and based solely on mark 1 mod 0 eyeballs from me driving back and forth from Saturday to Tuesday.

Back