Ordered new Tecnam P2010

Was in the air yesterday right at sundown and heard someone on Sebring CTAF announcing "Tecnam departing south". Your plane maybe?
Don't think so, don't see it on Flight Aware history.... Mine is serial #156 maybe it was #155 ;-)

I have been officially notified plane is ready for pickup on February 15!

Flying out commercial on Monday February 14, accept plane 15th, training and practice on 16, 17 and 18, start cross country to SoCal on Saturday the 19th. All Wx permitting!

I will continue to post experience and trip here. Couldn't be more excited!

So on a couple other forums, people getting pretty worked up about the future of 100LL. Still happy the with selection of avgas, or are you now rethinking the Jet-A version?

I could not resit, and congrats on the purchase. Very much looking to the log of the flight home!

Tim

So on a couple other forums, people getting pretty worked up about the future of 100LL. Still happy the with selection of avgas, or are you now rethinking the Jet-A version?

I could not resit, and congrats on the purchase. Very much looking to the log of the flight home!

Tim
Yes still happy and sticking with 100LL. I am concerned though but from my research there are a couple solutions near now and a coordinated transition I believe will happen in a couple years.

I generally think positive though...

OP here. I'm sitting in KLGB waiting for my Southwest flight to Florida. Tomorrow is the big day where I take possession of the plane!

Thanks to Mark Woods, Delta Aviation for a deal I could not refuse!

Thanks to Greg Renna, Airfleet, and all at Airfleet for the amazing job to get me the best financing deal!

Thanks to Tom Hauge, Wings Insurance, and their fabulous team, especially Kelsey Nesland! I know they worked real hard to get me the best insurance deal! I couldn't be any happier with their customer service, and the cost and insurance company I ended up with.

And finally, thanks to Kenzie Boykin, AEROtitle for being so good and meticulous with the paperwork and monies!

And finally, thanks to ALL at Tecnam who built this plane in Italy, and rebuilt in Florida. It was a great experience to build the plane in the colors I wanted online, place my order with Delta Aviation, see the test flight on Flight Aware with my personalized tail #, and now soon to touch it. Only negative was it was supposed to take 3 months and it took six months to get here. And updates on the build, transport, and rebuild, were infrequent, and I'm not a patient person so I pretty much hounded them for information.

Stay tuned and follow my acceptance, training, and a real cross country to SoCal, KFUL.

Excited for your update…thanks for bringing us along!

Here, please stand by...
813c2bd5a5b3f443c67d551e8a843a00.jpg

I hope she flies as beautifully as she looks. Have fun and fly safe!

That is one beautiful airplane!!! Congratulations hope it’s all you wanted and then some.

That is too cool. Has to be an awesome feeling!

If Cessna brought back the Cardinal now, it would cost over a Million Dollars and still not be that cool. What a shame!

Love it. Going to have to see if I can get a few partners into one of those.

Nice pics, so I guess it happened. She sure is beautiful!

Wow! Beautiful airplane. Congratulations, and I hope you two will be very happy together!

Have you had your first flight yet? Let me know if you decide to pop into KGIF.

Wow.
I'm insanely jealous. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

The red carpet really was nice! Classy!

Per my insurance requirement, I need some transition training and that takes place tomorrow and Thursday.

Tomorrow we'll start with a little ground school and pre-flight, followed by some pattern work. We'll see where we go from there...

Wow!

Your custom colors really pop. It's a beautiful aircraft.

Here's to many good years in the air!

Definitely a beautiful bird. The Cardinal that Cessna never built. I honestly don't know why anyone buys a C172 with those P2010s available.

Looks excellent! Enjoy it for many years to come with safe travels! I remember picking my 182 up from the factory and how exciting it was. reading your posts and seeing the pictures remind me of that and it makes me very happy to see someone enjoying that same experience!

Great day of training/flying today, 4.7 total! Check it out on Flight Aware N144SE. Hobbs now has 10.6 :)

A couple guys flew over from Sarasota to see the plane today, it was great to meet you two and I'm glad you were able to see her and enjoy an airport breakfast!

If all goes according to plan we should finish the training tomorrow and head to SoCal on Friday!
158f5a6bf3659164d1b2a811c280e4d1.jpg
959e10b95936a9300295a4cefd839f99.jpg
6b0709d5d0cb9a11063a485095d5f941.jpg

Is the training purely VFR or will you do some IFR work in it, as well? (That one cloud in the sky made me think of it.)

Something about your paint just looked familiar somehow. And then it hit me, I think that combination in those color tones was one of the factory schemes for the Grumman Tiger.
936_97.jpg

Back