Older CFIs

Huge issue in my mind. Hate young bucks moving on through industry. Granted it's a path they have to take to get to their goal. I don't fault them for that.

I strongly suggest finding CFI with years and years of instruction. Not an easy find...for sure...but try to find them if you can. When learning and recurrent training. Fly by night guys don't hurt but they will never give you that added bonus you pay for.

Training is not cheap....don't settle for less than the best....it won't cost you more.

They're easy to find if'n yer willin to pay.

Congratulations. There is definitely a demand for mature, seasoned CFI who are more than a "see one, do one, teach one" CFI.

Congrats. You sound like a humble and intelligent gentleman.

We need more CFI's who do it for passion and not for position.

Yep. :yes:

That is my opinion based upon my personal experiences. My top three CFIs were all older and more experienced. My worst were young kids building hours. The middle ground ones were a mixture of the two.

The last 'kid' I had on a BFR looked like a deer in headlights when we were strapping in the skywagon.

I think I was the instructor that day. :wink2:

Good on you Lance. I've considered going this route but have always been concerned about the liability (my retirement nest egg might make a juicy target). I figured that CFI insurance would cost more than I'd make as a CFI unless I was doing it full time. How are you going to deal with that?

Charge $50/hr to everyone, and then give time to those ones that you want too....

Yeah, I'm available for Mooney transition training now. Hah! :goofy:
Congrats Lance! Just make sure the backup AI is working on low ceiling days, so you can let SGOTI fly your plane.:goofy:

Yeah, I'm available for Mooney transition training now. Hah! :goofy:
You talked me through landing your Mooney at Gastons. You're a great instructor or pretty brave! :eek:

Hey Congrats,

Don't bash those who are just CFIing to build time, there are few of them out there who enjoy CFIing.

Hardest rating out there. Congrats :yes:

Back