Ok. The million dollar question: have you ever had to pee in a container?

LongRoadBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jacker
Pretty much sums it up.

In flight, how many of you ever have had to find some container like a jar, bottle, sick bag, whatever and pee into it because there was no way you would make it to landing and then finding a bathroom?

How many times?

And how did it go? (Did you get it all in, or was there overspill?)

Inquiring minds want to know how frequent this can be,

Level flight and no chop- no issues.

Choppy flight--oy no good ( which is my luck )

Diet Cke, 2 liter...it was close.

So far I have not had to resort to that. I have been flying since the early 80s. I try to plan my cross country legs to be three hours or less and take care of business right before I depart.

My student and I were coming back from MVY and headwinds kicked the crap out of us so he ended up going in a bottle.

Not in the plane but I've done it in a car working surveillance

Not so far. Female anatomy makes it difficult without something like a Travel Jane or Lady P - and I hate those devices. I plan my stops and hydration so that I never have to go too badly in the plane.

Hardest legs so far have been my trips between MI and VT (about 4 hours). I learned I have to be VERY careful with hydration...

Never - female anatomy makes it difficult without something like a Travel Jane or Lady P - and I hate those devices. I plan my stops and hydration so that I never have to go too badly in the plane.

Are you sure you have never tried to aim it and just don't want to admit it? Lol. :);)

Just kidding of course. :p

I've only ever had to pee into a container when changing jobs. It's all part of the pre-employment screening.

In a moving vehicle? Never.

Haven't had to use a container, but I have used the relief tube in the Twin Beech.

One a year when I worked for an Oil Company.
Each Medical re-issue.
A couple times driving from Los Angeles to Lake Havasu.

Did I misunderstand the question?

A guy rents a C182, flys to PA on military leave from a base in MS. On the return trip he has to pee, does so in some type of open container, slows down at cruise, opens window and throws the pee out, which promptly returns inside spraying him. Dummy tells us about it when he returns.

Wide mouth detergent container,hope for smooth air.

(wall of text warning)
This is a ground story, and the statute of limitations has expired....

It was the early 90's and I went to visit my brother in the LA area in August (it's HOT at that time of year)
We go to lunch, and I got a 64oz diet coke, and since he was a roofer, this was all done outside.
"Hey Jeffy, it's 2:30, and we have to get to Compton and get the roofing supplies for tomorrow. Let's go."
We get in the car, and traffic grinds to a halt. Stop, Go, Stop, Go.
Well, all of that stopping and going sloshed around inside me, and I had to go.
"Hey Chris, we need to pull over, I have to pee!"
"No way, the store closes at 4, and if we don't get there, I'll lose $2000. Go in the cup."
There's a 40 oz paper cup in the cab.
"Can I use this?"
"Yeah, sure."
I fill it nearly to the top. OK, about 1/2 inch from the top and there was no lid to be found.
"What do I do now?" I asked, fearing the CHP wouldn't like it if I littered, and even less so if I dumped out a cup of pee on their beloved highway, especially if they were behind us. (The truck had a flatbed, so I couldn't see behind us).
"Throw it out the window!" he yelled
"No!"
I rolled down the window, and I held the cup there, figuring out my options. Traffic started moving, and we were introduced to the Bernoulli effect in practice.
Yes, the pee started being carried off of the top surface of the mass and the airflow blew it... right back in the cab, on my face...
...and his. We were going about 45mph at the time.
"Ahhhhhhhh!" we both screamed
"Drop it! Drop it!"
"I can't! We'll get in trouble and it'll get all over the truck!" (as the pee continued to spray us)
"DROP IT, DAMMIT!"
I flung the cup, and to this day, I can still see the look of terror on the driver of the Cadillac in the lane over as the paper cup exploded all over his radiator grill and splashed his car. I am so sorry if this was you, reading this.
My brother sped off.
I looked at him in terror, thinking that he was going to get unglued on me.
"Dude... that was wrong. So wrong. I get first shower when we get home."

25 years later, peeing in the wind, and being ****-faced still crack us both up.

(OK, back to aviation...)

A guy rents a C182, flys to PA on military leave from a base in MS. On the return trip he has to pee, does so in some type of open container, slows down at cruise, opens window and throws the pee out, which promptly returns inside spraying him. Dummy tells us about it when he returns.

I guess the guy never tried to throw any thing liquid from a moving car. same effect.

a friend had a nice bag of vomit explode on his face while exiting an aircraft in flight over Ft Bragg. I can warn you all to be careful throwing those little plastic sick sacks filled with anything into a slipstream as well. they won't hold up. He was being polite so the chair force guy or the army safety guy didn't have to clean up the a/c. Said he got to about a 3 count when bag exploded.
we all laughed..

Similar story, somebody was using a Cessna to spread some ashes...result was same, I'm thinking maybe slipping the plane would work.

Gatorade bottle. That was the first time I've ever peed in a bottle.

The funny thing was... I looked around nervously before going. Really? Who's looking in at 5,500 feet? Lol. Made myself chuckle

31LQIlt44dL.jpg

I've used these on more than one occasion. I got tired of holding it in and if ones available, I'm going.

True story...first time I flew the lance up to Charlestown WV I intentionally drained the main vein just so I could 'test out the process'. It was part of my flight plan, to see if I could git er done. I got er done flawlessly.

what the heck goes on here, are Capt Kirk and I the only ones in the USA that sprang for the large bucks and bought the official red bottle to go in? I used mine once just to see if it worked ok, and it was great......lol........5 stars....smooth air 7,500ft

what the heck goes on here, are Capt Kirk and I the only ones in the USA that sprang for the large bucks and bought the official red bottle to go in?

You mean the one that's made specifically for aviation and won't damage your airplane like products made for cars?.......oh, wait...that's a different thread :)
Jim

Once. Over the Yukon River under a 500 foot ceiling with 3 miles visibility in a sled. (C-207) No people onboard.

Small mouth bottle, no spillage. Left the bottle in Russian Village at the strip to freeze.

31LQIlt44dL.jpg

I've used these on more than one occasion. I got tired of holding it in and if ones available, I'm going.
When I bought my hangar the guy left everything behind. Tools, desk, shelves, storage boxes filled with kids toys. He had a bonanza and there was a gas can labeled "gas", one labeled "TKS" and two of these little ones. It was probably a month or two of them sitting there before I read the label that said "lil jon". DUH! Take it with me on every long SOLO flight now. Wife will have me pull over first. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sure. Many times. Mooney's got 7-8 hour range. Stopping is a big waste of time. These big wide mouth plastic nut jars work great.

Gatorade bottles work great on those 4-4.5 hr legs. I tell the family how much fuel we would burn getting back up to 9500'-13,500'. When solo, I do look around to make sure there are no Blackhawks or F-16's.

Back