Ok, I never thought of this before

MAKG1

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
MAKG
So, we finally got a break in the weather yesterday. Somewhat windy, and a little light turbulence with fair weather cumulus on the hills, but adequate.

So I took a young family with an infant on a bay tour, in a 172. The infant car seat fit very nicely in the back seat, with some 8 inches to spare. It really surprised me it was that easy.

And I greased the landing. But both the adults freaked out. Why? It turns out, the stall warning sounds just like a baby crying. The baby actually handled the entire flight very nicely.

So, we finally got a break in the weather yesterday. Somewhat windy, and a little light turbulence with fair weather cumulus on the hills, but adequate.

So I took a young family with an infant on a bay tour, in a 172. The infant car seat fit very nicely in the back seat, with some 8 inches to spare. It really surprised me it was that easy.

And I greased the landing. But both the adults freaked out. Why? It turns out, the stall warning sounds just like a baby crying. The baby actually handled the entire flight very nicely.
They freaked out because they thought the baby was crying?

Another special snowflake in the making. Feel badly for the tyke.
Jeez, don't be a jerk. It's an infant. It cries because it NEEDS something, and that's its only tool. And give new parents a bit of learning time. It takes a bit to learn what is urgent and what isn't.

I'll bet you're just a blast at parties.

And good luck keeping YOUR kids out of prison if you don't satisfy basic needs.

Jeez, don't be a jerk. It's an infant. It cries because it NEEDS something. And give new parents a bit of learning time.

think he was referring to the parents and bringing up the baby that way perhaps :dunno:

think he was referring to the parents and bringing up the baby that way perhaps :dunno:
If he wants to read that in, he needs a better connection with reality. I've actually met them, and I can't say with any certainty what kind of parents they are. Still a supremely jerky assumption.

I think I'd freak out too, at the thought of changing a diaper in the back seat of a 172. It was hard enough in an SUV when I had to do such things.

Jeez, don't be a jerk. It's an infant. It cries because it NEEDS something, and that's its only tool. And give new parents a bit of learning time. It takes a bit to learn what is urgent and what isn't.

Thanks Mark.

If he wants to read that in, he needs a better connection with reality. I've actually met them, and I can't say with any certainty what kind of parents they are. Still a supremely jerky assumption.

I think you're over reacting a bit here.

LMAO, yes, I should have "freaked out" every time one of the kids whimpered, now I have to spend a weekend a month visiting them at the Big House. Woe is me....

LMAO, yes, I should have "freaked out" every time one of the kids whimpered, now I have to spend a weekend a month visiting them at the Big House. Woe is me....
Get a grip. New parents, crying baby. Or so they thought.

Don't be a jerk. Don't assume things you can't possibly know. And get a smidge of a clue. You are WAY out of line, and supremely wrong.

Are you really that insensitive? Or are you playing the "I'm a tough guy cause I'm the biggest *******" game?

It takes a special kind of jerk to tell people he's never met under circumstances he barely knows anything about, that they are raising their kid wrong, based on a single incident he didn't witness. Just how qualified are you to judge the situation?

Last edited:

Don't be a jerk. Don't assume things you can't possibly know. And get a smidge of a clue. You are WAY out of line, and supremely wrong.

Are you really that insensitive? Or are you playing the "I'm a tough guy cause I'm the biggest *******" game?

Mom!! MAKG1 is personally attacking me!! Mom!!! Please close the thread!!!

1) "Taking notice" is a proper response to a suddenly crying baby that is sitting next to you.
2) "Freaking out" is an inappropriate response to a suddenly crying baby that is sitting next to you.
3) A good pilot briefs his passengers on the sights and sounds to be expected on a flight, especially nervous passengers with little or no time in a small airplane.
4) Sounds like the stall warning was going for a long time to startle the "new parents". Doesn't sound like a greaser landing to me.

Good morning POA! I just thought I drop in and see how everyone is this Sunday......... Ok, off to church!

Mom!! MAKG1 is personally attacking me!! Mom!!! Please close the thread!!!

1) "Taking notice" is a proper response to a suddenly crying baby that is sitting next to you.
2) "Freaking out" is an inappropriate response to a suddenly crying baby that is sitting next to you.
3) A good pilot briefs his passengers on the sights and sounds to be expected on a flight, especially nervous passengers with little or no time in a small airplane.
4) Sounds like the stall warning was going for a long time to startle the "new parents". Doesn't sound like a greaser landing to me.
Wow, zero for four. On a streak, here.

You don't know what happened, and you clearly don't care.

Enjoy your fiction. It has no relation to reality.

It takes a special kind of jerk to tell people he's never met under circumstances he barely knows anything about, that they are raising their kid wrong, based on a single incident he didn't witness. Just how qualified are you to judge the situation?

:eek: Wow, now you're definitely over reacting. Calling people names on POA ain't nice MAKG. You need to cool off and relax, it is Sunday after all.

Wow, zero for four. On a streak, here.

You don't know what happened, and you clearly don't care.

Enjoy your fiction. It has no relation to reality.
The Pooh doth protest too much, methinks.

Would an adult please inject something into this thread please? All I see is a couple teenage girls fighting over th same boy at Sunday skool.

OK, I will. I think y'all are looking at this thread the wrong way. 23 posts in and not a single mention of 'CAP'. we should be celebrating this thread. make it a stickie. PoA Book of World Records, anything to stop the madness.

Wouldn't have happened if you had an AOA indicator....
There thread fixed (read 'destroyed even further')

Good job MAKG1! Now you know not to take the adults next time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAKG1, I guess what the crowd possibly needs here is a more in-depth description of "freaking out." Freaking out is different for different people and can range from "Honey, that noise sounds just like junior when he cries." (I'm assuming a boy but don't go off on me for that assumption because your original post didn't mention gender) to a shrill, artery bursting scream that would wake the dead complete with rending of clothing and gnashing of teeth.

Remember, YOU started this thread, don't get all butt hurt because people read it differently than what your words seemed to convey. That's the way of the internet.

Cooter, please pray for us.

Last edited:
EVERY newcomer to PoA should be required to read this thread before signing up...while they still have time to save their virginity for someplace else. :tongue:

I haven't flown an infant, but I usually tell my first time passengers that if I land like I should, they may hear the stall horn and I explain what it is and there is nothing to worry about.

With two adult passengers aboard, unless the 172 is different from the ones I have been in, one of the parents would have been in the back seat with the infant and could easily have seen there was not a problem. Strange event :).

I'm new and a little confused. Two parents, a baby and a pilot in 172 (not the start of a joke). Surely the parent sitting right beside the baby should realise that it's fine in about 2 seconds flat.

Back