Official Airport Bum!?

Excellent job!

The restart comments are interesting. My thought would be to leave the mixture closed, set the throttle and then slowly open the mixture. Would that lead to an overspeed? Dunno.

Last edited:
Excellent job!

The restart comments are interesting. My thought would be to leave the mixture closed, set the throttle and then slowly open the mixture. Would that lead to an overspeed? Dunno.

From what I hear, and this coming from folks with a lot more experience than I, every engine acts differently up here on a hot day at high DA, and nothing from the manufacturers really "always" works. Unless... Unless you have an accumulator and that'll shove the prop out of feather. If they're windmilling, usually it's just shove the mixture up and they're running nearly instantly.

But stuff like the Turbo Semniole that needs oil pressure to unfeather and also is set up to run much richer than the non-Turbo model just hates not having extra air from the turbo. No matter what you do, it's too rich but you'll never find the right spot on the mixture that it wants on different days. So cranking the starter long enough in a dive to get the prop to get a little bite of air and then have the dive for a little more twisting action to help it out of feather is the fastest way back to a running state...

I suspect the real reason it caught on the third attempt is that we were down in thicker air.

One applicant declared and was on a long straight in to APA and decided to try it "one more time" at lower altitude but probably 1000' above the pattern altitude and got it restarted, according to local "legend". Ha.

Probably a trade off between trying again and adding extra drag as it unfeathers. Not sure I'd want to try it unless I knew it was going to start. Once it starts out of feather you're kinda in no man's land with a lot more drag until it catches and runs.

Congratulations! I hope to be a multi-rated pilot someday myself.

From what I hear, and this coming from folks with a lot more experience than I, every engine acts differently up here on a hot day at high DA, and nothing from the manufacturers really "always" works. Unless... Unless you have an accumulator and that'll shove the prop out of feather. If they're windmilling, usually it's just shove the mixture up and they're running nearly instantly.
Congratulations Nate! :cheers:

I had the same thing happen to me when I was getting checked out in the C-320. Previous to that I had only flown a Duchess with unfeathering accumulators. The guy who was giving me the checkout in the 320 wasn't that familiar with the airplane, but it was the guy the owner, my boss, had selected. He was getting a little nervous, I could tell. I was new and dumb and repeatedly going through the restart checklist. Luckily we were circling down over KPUB. I'm not sure what we did but it finally started. I decided that I would not shut an engine down as a training exercise in that airplane again. Later, when I checked others out in it we did simulated feather.

Great write up! And heartfelt congratulations on your big accomplishment. Makes one feel like he was in the plane with you. Great job!

Congratulations! It's been fun following this thread so far, except that I owe @eman1200 a beer... I thought it'd take at least 300 posts before your checkride write-up (I forgot that you have the ability to put 12 or 13 posts in one). ;-)

Seriously, though, congrats on this one and I look forward to reading the rest!

Congrats! On both the successful outcomes with flying, but also the work flex thing. Both are awesome.

Lucky for me, I never peeked in on the "Airport Bum" thread until a week ago and just caught the tail end of this movie.

So I was playing with trying to get MyFlightBook up to date, and got at least this multi-engine adventure done...

59 Landings (52 Day, 7 Night)
18 Approaches
33.4 hours in the Seminole, including the checkride (1.9 hours).
Night: 5.3 hours
Simulated Instrument: 15.3

All the stops and starts with the aircraft breaking, instructor being sick, leaving town to go to OSH, all took their toll, and you could really see it when we had to re-do things.

First flight: 5/24/2016
Checkride: 9/20/2016

Thought it'd be fun to toss some numbers in here. There ya go.

Oh and I don't trust this number any further than I can throw it, but...

Total time (per likely still messed up MFB): 586 hours.

Good job Nate! What's the next challenge?

Well originally it was going to be backtracking into the single engine Commercial, but CFI says since the 182 is going in for annual, we'll just plow ahead and he says we can do CFI initial in the multi.

Which to me is like "wait, what?? Are you crazy? Doesn't that make the initial incredibly hard?"

LOL. He has a plan. I do not have a plan. This is, for an engineering type, "not good". Haha.

We're on a little break at the moment, so the current challenge is not being bored to death reading through my tickets that need to be worked at the day job...

Making a few bucks to pretend this isn't expensive... Haha. I studied Cajun's video carefully in that section about selling goods and services on Craigslist...

(Just look up any twin rental and multiply by 30 and you'll have a number high enough I don't need to calculate one. Grin!)

Catching up on some home projects that were purposefully ignored during the multi...

And starting to build up "magic box" of crap for reference and study material for the CFI. (If you haven't followed Steve Tupper's CFI quest and his two podcast episodes entitled "Because Glider", over at Airspeed, they're worth a listen. About 3 hours of content, part of which will explain "magic box".)

Annnnnd... A conference call for work in about 10 minutes. Oooh. Ahh. :)

If you can, rent and go fly the twin by yourself for a bit. You're going to need 15 hours PIC in it to take the MEI checkride.

Study the FOI, it's the only new material in the CFI checkride prep. There likely won't be much flying, and since you just got done with the multi checkride it likely won't take a ton of flying time to get you ready.

Not much of an update, but the 182 is in the shop for annual and I'll probably fly the Seminole tomorrow.

Helped put the cowl back on it after the oil change yesterday when I noticed the hangar door was open down the way from ours.

Funny conversation with CFI tonight. Had Karen doubled over too.

"Okay we'll meet at 1 tomorrow. What are we going to do?"

"Well we need to switch seats and fly the Seminole."

"And I need to figure out how to teach!"

"Yeah, but I don't think you'll have any problem with that. ... [long pause] ... Because all you have to learn how to do is talk and fly at the same time, and I don't see that being a problem for you."

And then he laughed REALLY hard. Maybe just a touch too hard. Hahaha.

Karen was dying laughing.

Okay okay... I'll take that one. LOL.

CFI called and said he spoke with a live body at the FSDO today about scheduling the initial CFI ride.

So now I can officially freak out or chill.

Estimates are from three days (very unlikely) to three weeks.

I couldn't study after I heard that so I looked up famous instructor phrases on Reddit. Haha.

Best so far...

"If you don't use more right rudder in the climb, I'm going to beat you with the fire extinguisher."

:)

Had a great phone call with another soon to be local CFI candidate who's got his checkride date. We talked all things CFI. But then the best part...

He transitioned over to a Robertson STOL equipped 182RG recently and he was asking, "Don't you have one of those?"

"Yeah."

"Will yours actually stall?"

[Loud laughter from me...] "Kinda."

"So it's not just me?"

"Haha, no. Know how it hangs there on the prop in a power on stall attempt if you don't make the deck angle ridiculous?"

"Yeah."

"Think about it. You can land it that way, too."

"Oh hell. I haven't tried to land it that slow yet!"

"Do some slow flight and then go back to the airport and try it. Oh and look up the Calibrated Airspeed chart in the POH Addendum. The pitot tube is lying with the nose that far in the air. I don't know about the RG but I'll bet it'll land around 40 indicated..."

"No wonder it wants to float halfway down the runway for me. I've been landing it no flap because it's incredibly stable that way and will actually land."

"It'll land a LOT slower with flaps. Waaaay slower."

"How do you explain that it won't stall to an examiner?"

"Dunno. Examiner during my Instrument didn't care. I just explained that it'd fly slower. He said he'd flown a number of Robby kit airplanes over the years and knew what I was saying. So answer me a question. Do you hear the stall fences ringing right before the sink rate starts?"

"Is that what that is?"

"Hahaha. Confirmed then! You're the second person I've asked and I guess they all do it. Ours ring like a weird low pitched whistle as it gets slow and it's like having a second stall warning but stranger sounding."

"Yeah, definitely."

Somewhat paraphrased... but fun phone call!

He also mentioned that it messes with him in power off 180s. Yep. Gotta kill a lot of energy when it wants to land at 40 with the flaps out. Heh.

He's going up mid October. We'll keep in touch and I mentioned if the 182 comes back from annual in time, he's welcome to come pretend to teach me and I'll play newbie in the left seat. :)

It's official. 26 days to initial CFI checkride. Halloween! Debating whether or not to wear a costume. Haha.

It's official. 26 days to initial CFI checkride. Halloween! Debating whether or not to wear a costume. Haha.

Alright! Time to get serious. Cajun could probably help with costume ideas.

So far on FB amongst my twisted friends we've come up with that one, a school head with a big paddle that says "right rudder" on it, and getting a wig to go as Martha King.

Nothing real to report.

182 back from annual, all good.

Goofed my medical appointment so I'm grounded until Monday.

Wasn't planning on flying much right now anyway but was going to take the 182 up. Oh well.

Been working some and maybe managed to catch a cold or something for my birthday. Probably a good thing I didn't have the medical scheduled right, eh? Ha. Hi doc... achoo!

Whatever it is, it's wimpy. Probably feel fine tomorrow.

Zzzz plus soup plus water plus vitamins... so I'll be a well rested guy who needs to pee expensive vitamin pee real bad in the morning.

Such deep thoughts for tonight. Anyway...

Study continues. More news later.

Well that's done.

90fb4602a98fd627739b91136b224780.jpg

The good news is my BP and heart rate went down ten points across the board. Hooray spouse-dieting (she changed "our" diet pretty dramatically a couple of years ago) and salads. LOL.

And the doc said he'd take $25 off the next one if I lose 25 lbs. Smart guy. He knows I like a bet.

Just found this. Congrats on hitting the milestone on your journey.

Just found this. Congrats on hitting the milestone on your journey.

Thanks. It's taken bloody forever but the end may be in sight. Just studying and stressing (hopefully unnecessarily) about the initial CFI/ME ride.

Ten more days. Airplane comes out of annual shortly or might be out today.

A short essay written today during a break.

-----

An emotional moment. Because CFI.

I'm just a few days from my initial flight instructor checkride, complete with the usual level of internal panic about it and the relentless studying and worrying about such a thing. All normal for anyone studying for a checkride, especially one this important. Teaching isn't to be taken lightly.

Today I decided to sit in a Starbucks with my pile of books and continue to try to make sure that enough of nearly a lifetime of aviation is truly in my brain well enough to pass a test that's essentially, "Be prepared to teach me anything you've learned since you started this silliness in 1991."

Today also marked the passing of one of the greatest aviators who has ever lived, Bob Hoover. I've posted and watched other posts during breaks throughout the day of studying.

I stepped outside for a break. I've got my old-man reading glasses on, not the magical awesome auto-darkening sunglasses that are on my face 99% of the time. Because... studying. And old eyeballs. I look at my phone and see the continued outpouring of admiration for Bob.

And then the sound of an F-16 ripping air out of its way approaches. It's not optional to look up. Because, aviator. I notice two other people casually going about their way who don't look up. They don't even notice. Just airplane noise to them. Sad.

But to me it's perfect timing. Whether one is superstitious or not, one has to admit that flight of two (two was a few seconds in trail, and both went directly overhead on their way to BKF) F-16s had impeccable timing. This frustrated but studying maybe-CFI-to-be, reading rememberances about the best pilot perhaps the world has ever seen, looks skyward to a mini-airshow, while taking a break from the books, and it reminds him why we're all doing this stuff.

Someday, maybe, some kid who learned a little aerodynamics, airspace, airworthiness regulations, chart reading, navigation, aircraft control, performance charts and applying them to the real world, all the other stuff -- and even just the satisfaction of a good landing -- someday, maybe, might receive an appointment to a military academy where someone else will teach them even more about these things... and they'll be ripping along in some screaming hot jet, headed back to base after a workout in an MOA.

And maybe, just maybe, they'll think back to that grey haired instructor who coached them through their first takeoff, their first landing, their first instrument approach... and hear their voice in their head saying they need to hold that centerline as they land, slow up some more before turning off at the next taxiway exit, hold those controls into the crosswind, and clear left and right before bringing the jet back to the ramp to shut it down...

"Don't overthink the flying, just do it. Put the airplane in time and space where you want it, pilot. You're not training to be a passenger."

Their voice from their memory, speaking to them from years ago.

Maybe they'll remember while they're flying their shiny jet and smile. And maybe they'll never know that same old instructor sat in a Starbucks and walked outside to see a salute to the greatest aviator who ever lived fly over, one day in late October 2016.

They also won't know that I lost it. Had to go to the truck and get a napkin. My eyes weren't dry. And shouldn't have been. But it's easier on a day like this if you don't have the reading glasses on and can hide those tears behind a pair of cool aviator shades. Which, I didn't have on ... because I'm trying to make sure I can teach this stuff right.

Pass, don't pass, whatever. Oh sure I want to pass. Everyone does. But frankly, if I don't? Just get on the horse and do it again. It's what Bob would have done. And did.

And when he knew something that could save a fellow aviator from harm? He was there. Coaching from his perch in the P-51 at Reno as safety pilot and pace plane.

Explaining how to survive from probably hundreds of engine outs and forced landings testing freshly assembled airplanes in WWII.

Busting out of a prison camp and stealing a German airplane he'd never flown and flying it to escape.

Climbing aboard a rocket powered orange airplane slung beneath a bomber and lighting a bomb behind his back to push aviation to speeds heretofore unheard of.

Flying a business cabin class twin upside down with both engines shut down just to show the rest of us that safety and aerodynamics don't stop because the engines do.

Never ever give up. That's the life message Mr. Hoover imparted to all of us. And do it with all the style and grace you can muster.

Thanks Mr. Hoover and all of my flight instructors for the knowledge, application, practice, and inspiration over the last 25 years in aviation. We'll see on Monday if I'm ready to join the ranks of those who've taught and inspired and continue my own learning path as well.

And if not, I will not give up. Because, Bob didn't.

No more wondering why I'm putting myself through this level of stress, or beating my brains out against a mountain of human experience in books and my own logbook, or cursing the airplane and the clock when it needs maintenance to be safe to fly, or the weather when decades of knowledge says, "today isn't worth the risk", or getting angry when the electronic logbook doesn't match the paper one and you're searching for an hour aloft logged that got missed somewhere or a math error.

It's worth it because... it's worth passing it on to another generation. Bob would have done it.

Thanks for the fly-over Colorado Minutemen. I hope you smiled and remembered something your instructors taught you during your flight.

And maybe did the break and the landing just a touch more accurately than usual today in remembrance of Bob Hoover and that instructor who challenged you, "You know, if you can fly it 10' high for ten minutes you can fly it right on the altitude you wanted. I bet you can. Try it. See if you can hold that needle right on the zero. Bob Hoover could do it while rolling inverted and pouring himself a glass of iced tea..."*

* Yes, we all know a 1g barrel roll isn't a constant altitude maneuver. It's a metaphor. The impossible challenge because Bob could get closer than any of us within the limits of his aircraft.

Good luck man! It's a tough ride but just like everything else, if you know your stuff, you'll pass. Are you going with a DPE or the FAA?

Good luck man! It's a tough ride but just like everything else, if you know your stuff, you'll pass. Are you going with a DPE or the FAA?

DPE. Whether good or bad (most people say good), Denver FSDO is massively overloaded and most initial rides get farmed out.

And of course it's a bigger fiscal penalty for failing. Hahaha. But this isn't about the money or I wouldn't have started it.

Luck of the draw means that I do know the DPE but have never flown with him or been evaluated by him, but it adds a feeling of, "I know this guy is tough but fair," that may not be there with a total stranger.

That was unlike my Commercial Multi ride which was a complete stranger but who was also tough but fair. But you just didn't know.

You just sit down at the table and start, and sometime about three hours later you see if they extend their hand and say "congratulations" or they look over uncomfortably in the middle and say "Your choice, that doesn't meet standards, we can continue or we can stop for the day." (Or they look angry and you REALLY screwed up. Hahaha.)

I ran into one of the instructors who works with mine yesterday at the airport. I told him I had an initial CFI ride coming up next week. He chuckled and said, "That one is a lot of talking."

Made me laugh and also remember that this ride is about imparting knowledge more than flying.

The flying is the same as the previous flying, it's just from the "wrong" seat with someone who's likely to make mistakes in the other seat, and staying ahead of them and their mistakes while letting them make all the non-fatal ones so they can figure it all out -- just like the rest of us. Talk them through it and assist (or save both of your butts) when necessary.

Honestly I don't know how someone can evaluate a new instructor in the short period of time given. There's written standards but there's also a gut-check they must be doing every time they sign off one of us to go do it.

I wonder what that first DPE sign off feels like? That must be as difficult in a way as signing off that first student solo or cross-country. Just a different level with even higher stakes.

Whatever happens, either I'm ready to do this or I'm not. Just going to sit down at the table and teach as best I can and see what the DPE says.

As a friend says, the worst that can happen is you bust and have to go study and fly some more... (and cough up a re-test fee). In truth, not the most awful penalty ever imposed for screwing something up!

Grin... I'm good. Got some flying to do between now and then and the stupid airplane still has some problems. But that's airplanes for ya. Supposedly fixed and ready to go tomorrow afternoon.

Crossing fingers for weather. It is October after all. So far it's been pretty nice for late October around here.

Have a friend who took a weather discontinuance over a week ago, and couldn't reschedule to finish his initial CFI ride until the 27th. His schedule, DPEs schedule, and airplane schedule couldn't be made to work for two weeks after the discontinuance. He's 80% through the oral and only has the flying and teaching in the airplane part to finish. He's a bright guy. I'm hoping to hear that he passed in a couple of days.

PS "three hours later" was in reference to the Commerical - not the CFI. It'll take a lot more hours than that.

Choose your words wisely during the oral. I remember teaching the examiner something and I said something that was "off" and he asked what I meant by that and I just sat there saying "uhhhhh":D. You got this. Have you practiced teaching someone not involved in aviation? I practiced on my mom, who is a teacher so she was able to help me with some things. She had no aviation background and I taught her some of my lesson plans. It was good because she didn't understand some points so it made me think about changing how I taught the subject or explaining it a different a way.

Choose your words wisely during the oral. I remember teaching the examiner something and I said something that was "off" and he asked what I meant by that and I just sat there saying "uhhhhh":D. You got this. Have you practiced teaching someone not involved in aviation? I practiced on my mom, who is a teacher so she was able to help me with some things. She had no aviation background and I taught her some of my lesson plans. It was good because she didn't understand some points so it made me think about changing how I taught the subject or explaining it a different a way.

Luckily I have a background in teaching technical concepts to non-techies. Part of a former job. Both while they were OTJ and in front of a classroom. For years.

I know to dumb down tech jargon into English equivalents and simplify and do it while drawing on a white board, and watching for that sideways glazed look when someone doesn't get it when described that way.

Aviation like tech is horrible about that. "Pitch up" doesn't make any sense to a newbie. Neither does "raise your angle of attack".

"Pull on the yoke until right about there... okay hold your hand up like this... notice how many fingers the nose of the airplane appears to be below the horizon. Now glance at your airspeed indicator. What does it read? Pretty close to that Vx number we calculated in the office earlier? Cool. A little fast? Okay what do we do to climb more and slow down a little? Pull a little more. Nice. Okay note where that is in the window. In this airplane with normal takeoff power that view won't change much."

I know you know this, just iterating it for folks reading along. Jargon doesn't work. Not until you can relate jargon to something more basic.

CFI also says I don't appear to have any trouble teaching while doing this in the airplane. We'll know more over the next few days but I don't feel uncomfortable talking through something coming up while flying the airplane or monitoring someone flying. I know that's a big hurdle for many, including some friends who've taken this ride.

My problem is that since I can "make up" terminology to get a point across, that I have to be careful to use the book terminology and start there and add to it, and loop back around and restate it the book way after I see that the light bulb goes on.

Lesson plans, written FAA docs and aids (just have the dang AFH out and the thing open to the right page), visual aids, and what not, make that part not so hard as long as I don't forget to use them.

In fact, if anything I want to throw the FOI and Instructor book at whoever wrote them. They're out of date for modern adult teaching methods but I can cope and speak in their screwed up 70s versions of adult learning methods (some of which are correct and some, like their mention of the damned Meyers-Briggs are just so broken someone should tear out those pages and light them on fire in a campfire at OSH), so that's just the "Here's what some misguided psychologist wrote for the FAA in the 70s..." and memorization of the out of date goofiness.

If you buy fully into all of that FOI psycho-babble, you'd believe that you're "self-actualizing" every time you take a dump in a toilet because your folks knew Maslow's hierarchy and withheld dinner every time you pooped your pampers until they motivated you to poop on the pot. LOL.

(Yeah I know Maslow and Meyers-Briggs, and can speak to them. And I know to be nice in case an examiner likes them. But they're busted in a number of ways. And have been for decades. They work for some and not for others.)

I have some strong feelings about adult training methods and Maslow and Meyers-Briggs are tools but often just flat wrong about the "Why?" parts of why we learn to do things. And FAA avoids an important one that we've ALL had happen because it's not PC... the wielding of the clue-bat.

Who hasn't had an instructor at some point in their training say, "Seriously. Look at me. If you keep doing that, it is going to KILL you. Stop it. Now... let's review how to do that skill correctly and let's go do it that way."

Totally ignored in the FOI but some people need a come-hither-so-I-can-mentally-slap-you moment. They're not struggling with self-actualization, or being a damned INTJ... they're struggling with paying freaking attention to what's important. Heh.

(One of my teaching mentors threw a dry erase marker across a classroom and pegged a guy in the chest once to get his, and the entire classroom's attention. It worked. And we never forgot that day's lesson. Of course we all needed the certification he was teaching to keep our jobs, so the motivations were a bit different than someone paying you to teach them something optional in their life, but I know you get what I'm saying. No, I won't be allowed to throw things at flight students! Haha... well maybe the ones that have a sense of humor, but good luck always getting that one right...)

So yeah. I'm fully expecting the "I don't get what you're saying" stare from the examiner. And real students. It's just going to happen and you have to roll into a different way to teach the same topic. And the idea that you need to get them to say back to you what they think they were just taught, to see if they can articulate it and also to look for hints that they missed some piece of it.

I've been told I was always the student who needed to think about it and come up with my own way of phrasing it first, then get corrected on it where it wasn't quite right, and along that path I'd pick up the correct terminology. One of those weirdos who liked that Wolfgang Langwiesche called the elevator "flippers". LOL.

Angle of attack is a bear until you tell some people to go stick their hand out of their car window on the way home. ;)

Reactions: Ken
Flew the Seminole today. "Wrong seat."

Caught the CFI letting the airplane creep forward while he was pretending to play student doing a run up. Heh.

Also made him touch things as he ran checklists.

So weird to pretend to correct a 40,000 hour pilot. Haha

Landings are fine from the right seat but consistently about three to five feet right of centerline. Ahhh parallax. You PITA. I'll just have to think harder about landing more to the left. Ha.

Doing a quick logbook review we realized that my spins were all "back in the day" when nobody endorsed people to do such things or that they had "awareness" (my favorite pet peeve word!) so we rang up a local instructor with access to a Citabria and we'll go spin the crap out of it tomorrow.

All my old entries just say "spins" in the comments. Like in lots of the comments. Like even during one of my prep XCs for the Private. I think we spun all the way to Cheyenne that day. Rolling out on the assigned heading of whatever the course to CYS was each time for the climb up to the next one. Haha.

Decided it wasn't worth having any question about the endorsement even though when you're doing this backward nobody will let you get anywhere near a spin in a multi.

Had fun calling up my initial old CFI and joking, "All those spins you made me do, didn't count." Hahaha.

Reg is interesting. The rare bird who starts in a multi and never flies anything else would have to go find something spinnable and do this also.

No big deal. We'll just call it the first flight toward the tailwheel endorsement too, and finish that up with this other instructor later on.

Oh and I forgot to mention but it'll make some people chuckle...

Someone mounted the PTT in the left arm of the right yoke.

This becomes an ergonomics problem to make you laugh when you're attempting to use the wrong hand to fly but can't hit the PTT with your thumb. Haha.

It does do wonders for you wanting to keep the airplane trimmed however. And only the left side yoke has the electric pitch trim switch. Heh. Crank. Crank. Crank. Crank. Take right hand off of yoke and casually rest it on top of yoke while depressing PTT ... "Tower eighteen nine, Seminole 41X..."

Haha. It's comical kinda. Not so comical when Tower has something to say during liftoff or landing. Haha.

Well 0.7 in the Citabria this morning and that was a blast.

Instructor said, "Since you've done spins before do you want to do the first one?"

Couple of spins later it was, "Well I don't know what else to show you, you entered and recovered those just fine. Want to go do a few landings and work on that tailwheel endorsement?"

Heh. Haven't done any real yanking as banking since buying into the 182. We played a little. Then did a normal T&G and a "oh darn, your engine just quit" with a turn to the numbers and a huge slip to get down... then did it again when he asked the Tower if we could land for the full stop out of the downwind for 17R at APA on Runway 10.

Wheeee. Citabria is fun. Definitely need to go do more of that.

Apparently feet are still somewhat connected to brain from the 90s which is the last time I was in a tailwheel airplane.

Noticed a funny problem/bad habit. I'm releasing back pressure at touchdown. No bueno in the Citabria. Not really bueno in a nosewheel either -- but the Citabria will remind you right now that you're doing it and laugh at you as you think about pushing again and starting a PIO. Of which one must say nay-nay! :)

Nate,

It's been a fun ride reading about your journey to CFI.. Keep it up!

This thread is mostly so I won't bore everyone to death talking about it in other threads. LOL. :)

Just having way too much fun. It'll be kinda sad when I have to go back to the office eight hours a day.

My wife will probably appreciate that the savings account is going back up and the chart of it doesn't look like we fell off of a very steep cliff. Hahaha.

This thread is mostly so I won't bore everyone to death talking about it in other threads. LOL. :)

Just having way too much fun. It'll be kinda sad when I have to go back to the office eight hours a day.

My wife will probably appreciate that the savings account is going back up and the chart of it doesn't look like we fell off of a very steep cliff. Hahaha.

I'll say this, your wife is a saint! I was talking to the ex shortly before we split about this, and she shot it down with both barrels.

I'll say this, your wife is a saint! I was talking to the ex shortly before we split about this, and she shot it down with both barrels.

I'll be honest. It came at a price. Haha.

She changed specialties in her profession a few years back and the certification was also hella expensive and required internships without pay and time off for her and time in Atlanta in class and a big certification to take and such. But she's so happy doing wound care now, that I think it helped when I started probing the idea that I'd make us broke again for a while. Haha.

And others I've talked to had to negotiate with stuff like new kitchens and bathrooms and things. Haha. She's not as much into that stuff thank goodness. Not that she'd complain if I said I was getting quotes on re-doing the kitchen...

Back