No clouds - for the love of G_d - - - GO FLYING

My heart is breaking. If I weren't recovering from a bout of the flu (with my sinuses and inner ear still messed up), I'd be airborne all day. Especially since there's likely to be a tropical system dumping rain on us most of next week.

I went flying yesterday. Over 100 on the ramp, higher in the plane. Soaking in sweat just kind of takes the fun out of it.

Last edited:
Once again, high wing for the win :biggrin:

It was nasty this week. Sweat dripping into my eyes. Back of my shirt was soaked before takeoff, just like on my first solo or instrument training in actual, lol. Why Cessna made the 182 copilot window opening an option rather than standard, I’ll never understand.

It’s gonna snow soon, everyone go fly!!

^ Where’s the dislike button? Not harsh enough to report you.

Looks good almost time to relocate to FLORIDA,have to let it cool off a little more.

Once again, high wing for the win :biggrin:

It was nasty this week. Sweat dripping into my eyes. Back of my shirt was soaked before takeoff, just like on my first solo or instrument training in actual, lol. Why Cessna made the 182 copilot window opening an option rather than standard, I’ll never understand.

It’s gonna snow soon, everyone go fly!!
Snow? What’s that?

Clouds here, right at the altitude I want to be at. Still flew though, good day

17 landings later...I followed your advice by having a good time in my club's pawnee towplane. It was a really nice day at KSYN today.

Not much happening around here either. Except that I got drenched trying to mow the lawn, which began with a clear blue sky.

Clipboard01.jpg

I went flying yesterday. Over 100 on the ramp, more in the plane in the sun. Soaking in sweat just kind of takes the fun out of it.
Little spam cans are flying convection ovens....

Hot it is, but I might have tolerated it anyways. But it's condition inspection time so the airplane is restricted to the hangar until I get a good report card ...

Little spam cans are flying convection ovens....
Boosted by those large plexiglass green house windshields. I find that I'm leaving the front silver window shades in place while I do the preflight and set everything up, and only remove just before I start the engine.

Tell it to the avionics shop who I gave 6 weeks' notice of a need for a pitot-static check, and upon delivering the plane for it, gave me a "we might be able to get to it in the next two weeks"

Went up yesterday. It was hot and cloudy….a hot dark cloud! Naptha tanks caught fire. I had to deviate on the approach to KAPS while under the foggles. My CFI snapped the shot right before he said to take a quick peek. He then had me go right back to it and complete the approach and miss all the excitement. Thank God for cell phone cameras.
IMG_5471.jpeg

Heat index of 117 on Thursday. Still trying to recover from that one. My dad's in Alaska and said it was 50's and rain and wasn't sure what was worse. 117 is worse. Not up for debate.

This goes for winter flying as well....I can get warm. I can't get cool.

That was pretty unusual I am guessing? It was low IFR yesterday morning around here and was just clearing when you posted.
I am on a bit of a bender this month as I have flown everyday except for one. 25 days in a row so far. Earlier this week I flew at 5:30 am to beat the heat and storms. Mostly I fly in the evening to beat the heat and bumps.

I prefer to fly during the hot weather verses the cold. Flip flops or sandals, light fabric shorts and tank top is my official flying uniform during the hot summer nights. Love it verses the winter. I do like the winter performance of the plane though.

I find that I'm leaving the front silver window shades in place while I do the preflight and set everything up, and only remove just before I start the engine.
Me too.

I wonder if it makes the other pilots getting ready at the same time nervous.

So hot yesterday in SC my iPad shut down in flight. First time that’s happened to me.

and was flying up to Hickory to have lunch at the Cafe on the field and it was closed. Apparently they had the flu.

So hot yesterday in SC my iPad shut down in flight. First time that’s happened to me.

and was flying up to Hickory to have lunch at the Cafe on the field and it was closed. Apparently they had the flu.

what were you flying?

SR22 Gen1

I went there for breakfast (and found out they were closed) and got stuck behind an embarrassingly horrible pilot in a baron. held up three of us at the hold short line, missed over half a dozen calls from tower, messed up every radio call after that, couldn't dial in the correct departure frequency, got every instruction wrong......it was really embarrassing.

Ugh. Hate that. Like that Cafe though. It’s a nice short hop up from Greenville SC and it’s fun to poke around the museum for a few.

Back