Next Log Book Recommendations

flyerfocus

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flyerfocus
It’s served me well for decades but this Sunday, which coincidentally will be the anniversary of the issuance of my PPL, my SP-30 (aka “The Standard”) logbook will have it’s final entry when Doris and I take to the air. After that I’m out of space! Now it’s time for me to get a big boy logbook since I’m now commercial/multi and although I’ve only ever exercised private privileges. I intend to change that as I work towards my CFI and beyond so I’m going to need more columns. Yes, I have ForeFlight and I know it logs but I like a paper backup. So, looking for suggestions in my next logbook. Nothing too bulky (there are some huge logbooks out there) but something that’ll handle my needs. What do you use and do you like it?

I’m on my second logbook now and I went with the Jepp standard log, but the next round will be the Jepp Pro Pilot logbook. Digital is great, but I like a paper log as well.

+1 for Jepp standard log. I was going to suggest the Jepp pro log but that’s bulky.

I like the Sporty's logbooks. They have both a normal and pro pilot size.

I got the big Jepp pro one when I became a CFI. 1000 hrs of 1 hr flights later and its maybe 60/70% full. I like it alot but don’t carry it due to bulk. When I get home I’ll fill it out. I also take pictures of the each page so I have a digital backup.

Back