New Here - Howdy!

Tom Gresham;232232 "Wings To Adventure." It ran for only two years (52 episodes) on The Outdoor Channel said:
Welcome Tom, any chance of getting these on DVD?

Hey Tom, welcome! I love Natchitoches, I used to drive through there all the time as a kid on the way to visit my grandparents in NO. Great show, by the way, I'm loving the videos...you did what I've wanted to do for a while now...combined journalism/TV with flying. If you ever want to try the show again and need a photoj, give me a call!

Nicetameetcha-again:). I see you so much on another board I figured you were already here.

Tom, I'm late as well, but welcome. You're a humble man - you didn't mention Wings to Adventure until your second post. EXCELLENT SHOW - I'm sorry its still not on. Caused me to drop the Outdoor channel from Time Warner. (I think that's the channel it was on.)

Tom has another show on The Outdoor Channel...Personal Defense TV. Great show too!

Welcome to POA Tom and fine business on posting the videos. I would be interested in the DVD collection........any thoughts on putting that together?

Thanks for all the kind welcomes.

Man, yesterday was full day of flying. Had to drop south of the Dallas area for weather, punch through that line of nasty stuff, then turn toward Tuccumcari (fuel stop). Ugly headwinds all the way. Probably averaged 25 to 30 knots all the way to the Salt Lake City area. Two legs -- 3:50 and 3:50. That never happens!

OH! Flying north from Farmington, NM, yesterday, I saw some of the most impressive terrain I've ever seen. I was longing for a Super Cub to fly through the canyons at dawn. Gotta try to get back to do that sometime.

Hey Tom - welcome! Glad you found us!

We chatted on the red board a while back. My son in law works for Chris Dorsey at Orion. He's producing Escape to the Wild, Whitetail Revolution, Elk Fever (I heard there's a name change in the works on this one) and Whitetail Challenge.

Last edited:
Hey Tom, sorry to be late to the party, but Welcome to POA! This is the most friendly aviation board I have seen on the net. I actually flew into KIER from KIWS back in April with my mentor pilot in his Bo - N552CM. I put a (crappy) video of his landing up on YouTube. You should try to make it down to KHOU on the third Saturday of the month sometime for Wings & Wheels at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum - it's a lot of fun, and we had a Bonanza theme a few months back. We'll probably try that again sometime next year. Good to have you here and I'll be sure to check out those videos!

Dang Tom. I would have thought you were already a member over here.

Although I don't post near as much here, I can attest that there is less bickering over here.

One of the more fun things I've done in aviation was to create the television series "Wings To Adventure." It ran for only two years (52 episodes) on The Outdoor Channel, but we brought a lot of general aviation to the screen.

Hey Tom,

Welcome aboard! I met you at Rubber Chicken '06. Didja ever manage to get them to put Wings to Adventure on iTunes? Even now I'd love to see that happen... :yes:

Hey Tom,

Welcome aboard! I met you at Rubber Chicken '06. Didja ever manage to get them to put Wings to Adventure on iTunes? Even now I'd love to see that happen... :yes:

Kent: No dice on getting WTA on iTunes or DVD. I haven't given up getting it from the network, though.

I just had to get through a new project we are kicking off this month. Been working on it for 10 months.

Rubber Chicken '06? Was that the monster storm year?

Tom (in Ogden, UT -- heading to Arizona tomorrow)

Tom, a BIG thank you is extended your way! I was the Grand Prize winner of the Browning apparel give away from your web site. WooHoo :goofy:

I'm new to this message board, as well, so I'll just say hello. Thank you for posting the videos. The show seemed to do a great job of catching the love that I, along with many, have for flying. It's a shame it isn't on anymore.

I'm new to this message board, as well, so I'll just say hello. Thank you for posting the videos. The show seemed to do a great job of catching the love that I, along with many, have for flying. It's a shame it isn't on anymore.
Scott, welcome to the board!

By your profile, you have a wife many pilots would love to have. A great catch, indeed!

Hi Tom,
Glad to have you over here. I'll warn anybody that doesn't do the Red board that Tom is a STRONG proponent of the science behind LOP operation, as am I.

Hi Tom,
Glad to have you over here. I'll warn anybody that doesn't do the Red board that Tom is a STRONG proponent of the science behind LOP operation, as am I.

He's also been known to tout the virtues of the TN A36! :D

Greetings, fellow aviator!

Hi Tom,

Is that like Liposuction? So you can get ride of the lop from your belly?

Back