New Garmin Avionics 3/25/19

I’m guessing expanded AML’s for their auto pilots. It would be nice to have expanded G5 features.

I'd like to know how you found out about this. Thanks.

I'd like to know how you found out about this. Thanks.
I'm apparently on their mailing list, either through using Garmin Pilot or buying my database updates.

Also my vote is at least 3 more aviation watches.

I'm hoping for an electronic ADI that will talk to a KFC-200, and a replacement for the GTN650/750 so I can buy a used 750 from people upgrading

Hopefully a GTS800+ that somehow also receives ADS-B, otherwise who in their right mind will buy it?

A price discount on the 345...which I just bought for my summer install :(

A price discount on the 345...which I just bought for my summer install :(

Good luck with that.... it’s a sellers market until 2021. Then it will go flat and will be severely discounted. The Stratus, uAvionics and so on will cease to exist at that point.

Good luck with that.... it’s a sellers market until 2021. Then it will go flat and will be severely discounted. The Stratus, uAvionics and so on will cease to exist at that point.
and hence i am avoiding the ADSB madness util things settle down :p

I'm hoping for the new GTFMSNCX-1234567890: EFIS, GPS, moving map, HSI, RMI, dual NAV/COM, MFD, transponder, ADS-B, engine monitor, fuel flow/totalizer, AoA, autopilot, intercom, 10 timers, ADF, 3" round form factor, and one-button interface.

As a soon-to-be avionics tech, I'm looking forward to the enhanced version of that product you mentioned . . . the one that has a telepathic interface.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for the new GTFMSNCX-1234567890: EFIS, GPS, moving map, HSI, RMI, dual NAV/COM, MFD, transponder, ADS-B, engine monitor, fuel flow/totalizer, AoA, autopilot, intercom, 10 timers, ADF, 3" round form factor, and one-button interface.

See... that’s where this all goes wrong.

Timers.....

It needs to be a clock! That’s what it says... a clock! The regs say clock, not timer.

"Garmin GPS 175 and GNX 375 — Compelling Navigators Offering WAAS/LPV Approaches and Optional ADS-B In/Out . LPV approach capability priced for your aircraft. Designed to use your existing instruments and autopilots. Add a built-in ADS-B In/Out transponder with the GNX 375. Starting at only $4,995."
http://ms.spr.ly/6018T1VOO

"G3X Touch flight displays for certificated piston singles. ...$7,995 for a single 7-inch display and $9,995 for a 10.6-inch display"

http://ms.spr.ly/6012T1V3e

If you’re not a member of beechtalk you won’t be able to see it. But it’s the only place I’ve seen it so far, posted by a Garmin rep.

Garmin International today announced the certification of the G3X Touch™ flight display For certificates aircraft.

https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=165434&view=unread#unread

Garmin International today announced the GPS 175 and GNX™ 375 GPS navigators with Localizer Performance with Vertical guidance (LPV) approach capability.

https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=165433&view=unread#unread

"Garmin GPS 175 and GNX 375 — Compelling Navigators Offering WAAS/LPV Approaches and Optional ADS-B In/Out . LPV approach capability priced for your aircraft. Designed to use your existing instruments and autopilots. Add a built-in ADS-B In/Out transponder with the GNX 375. Starting at only $4,995."
http://ms.spr.ly/6018T1VOO

"G3X Touch flight displays for certificated piston singles. ...$7,995 for a single 7-inch display and $9,995 for a 10.6-inch display"

http://ms.spr.ly/6012T1V3e

You posted while I was creating my post.

That's pretty sweet looking! Skip the CDI and pair it with a G5 HSI kit. Also looks like the FS510 (miniSD card) will have the same functions as with the GTN radios.

upload_2019-3-25_12-40-38.png

No G3X love for the light twin market though...only available for singles below 6,000 GTW and 6 seats or less..... :(

Brian

I wonder how many people might have waited for the G3x instead of jumping on dual G5's

No G3X love for the light twin market though...only available for singles below 6,000 GTW and 6 seats or less..... :(

Not altogether unexpected - They still need to sell some G500 TXi units! Really surprised they did this, honestly.

I wonder how many people might have waited for the G3x instead of jumping on dual G5's

Or G500 TXi!

I just started a new thread that we can hopefully load with more information up front for those who don't want to read through the speculation at the beginning of this one. ;)

Maybe MCAS for R182s. I’m signed up for the webinar, might assign the dog to watch it

I wonder how many "used" G5s will be hitting the market soon......

So the G3X Touch certified vs existing for experimental what would be the difference? Just STC? It’s almost 3x the cost compared to the already on the market for experimental version... Nutz!

Last edited:
I think Garmin hit some solid balls here!

Aspen should be poopin' in their britches, just now.

That's pretty sweet looking! Skip the CDI and pair it with a G5 HSI kit. Also looks like the FS510 (miniSD card) will have the same functions as with the GTN radios.

View attachment 72845

This one is sweet, looks like a lynx compete as well, I am due for ADSB upgrade and will keep this one in mind ...

Does the G3x certified do GPSS like the Aspen? I did not see it in the specs. maybe it's assumed these days? The 7" is dollars to doughnuts gonna kill the E5 though...... So much more for not much more. To get that in an Aspen, yoou'll spend $10k in hardware. Seems like a good time to be in the market to buy new glass!

Jesse.... Are you a Garmin dealer? :fcross::popcorn::ihih:

This one is sweet, looks like a lynx compete as well, I am due for ADSB upgrade and will keep this one in mind ...

I'd be really hard pressed not to buy the Garmin over the Lynx. You are basically getting a free GPS out of it. .... Sorta.

I think Garmin hit some solid balls here!

Aspen should be poopin' in their britches, just now.

I was thinking aspen killer as well. Frankly, aspen seems to be asleep at the wheel. I haven’t seen anything really new from them in quite a while.

I am excited to see the G3X available to us certified guys. I was thinking dual g5’s when my gyros start giving up the ghost. Now I am thinking for a little more, I am going to get a lot more glass. Of course, I want the autopilot to complement it all. It’s only money.

Looks like I wasn't too far off. :p

So who wants to buy my two G5's. Only 10 hours! LOL

I would imagine that there'll be a good used market for G5s, since I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of people with dual G5 setups elect to go with the G3X Touch and keep ONE of their G5s for backup and sell the other.

Back