@Emmanuel, I do small business consulting and will offer a free sample.

First, this:
... when good developers publicly solicit input on their new app, they graciously say "thanks for your input" even if they necessarily don't agree, rather than attacking their potential customers with a long, rambling, sarcastic reply.
Unless you make a major change in your attitude you will not be successful. At this point in the thread you have burned off a number of people who could have been helpful in your developing and selling your product. And, incidentally, many of these people probably know far more than you do about flying and checklists.

When all else fails, I take refuge in something an old bear once taught me: "The customer may not always be right, but he is always the customer." And, hence is not to be insulted or argued with.

... Regarding the price, the dev took almost 2 years w. 4 people full time. The recurring subscription is a necessity for us to have a regular income to add value to the product (improvements, and new features as I said), and develop new apps. Many software aviation developers have released a 1 shot app, and finally got back with annual subscriptions since it is economically not reliable to have users to pay once. ...
@Emmanuel, the brutal truth is that the market does not care what your costs are. What the market cares about is value received for money spent. If you listen here a little more and talk a little less, you will hear that $50/year is perceived as far too much money for the value you are perceived to be offering. Said another way, if $50 subscriptions is what you need to cover your costs, your costs must be cut.

... Speaking about design, the interface is what it is, and the colors are what they are, period ! ...
Like I said, with that attitude you are pretty much a guaranteed failure. Here is the First Law of User Interfaces: All UIs are intuitive to the guy that designed them. What you should be learning here is that the UI is an issue. Personally, I would describe it as a train wreck. In decades of designing and working with computers I have seen worse, but not many.

Read Murphy's post #18 until you find yourself seeing it in your dreams.

HTH,
airdale

Airdale,

I agree 200% with you on everything you said!
I admit it is a first to me, and I didn't expect that kind of feedback, that is maybe why I may have overreacted. I apologize then for beeing a bit rude, this was definitely not my intention to offense someone here.
I perfectly know the customer has the final word and I respect your opinions, whether I like it or not.
Be sure that I take all of your opinions in account.

Thanks for your feedback and your understanding.

... Thanks for your feedback and your understanding.
I wish you luck.

Here is one more little aphorism to remember: "You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

Since I seem to have started the ball rolling, please know my comment was solely about the "banner" marketing. Apparently I'm not the only one whom it turned off.
Aside from that, as I said, I just don't see much use to electronic checklists in general. I know some people who swear by them, but I have just never found one that's as usable or convenient for me as paper. That's nothing against your product or its UI in particular.

Since I seem to have started the ball rolling, please know my comment was solely about the "banner" marketing. Apparently I'm not the only one whom it turned off.
Aside from that, as I said, I just don't see much use to electronic checklists in general. I know some people who swear by them, but I have just never found one that's as usable or convenient for me as paper. That's nothing against your product or its UI in particular.
I've had other people use my paper checklist to start the engine of the 'kota. Sorta difficult to do that if the checklist is on my phone and I'm standing beside the aircraft chuckling at the "expert" who is unable to start a little six-banger (okay, it's easy to start with the checklist, it is near impossible to start for anybody unfamiliar with the priming system).

Anyway, not commenting on this app or any other electronic checklist app. Paper has its place just as apps have their place.

Back