Need multi engine time - How did you build your multi hrs?

Why do you need to build it? In my day we needed about 1000 hrs multi to move to the regionals. Today I think that's close to 5 hours.

I did mapping in a C-320. But I wasn't exactly trying to build time for anything else. It was my job. When I ended up getting another job I had about 2,000+ hours in it.

Interesting. Were those linked from the front page, because when I checked from a mobile browser, only the sim and the SE piper were showing up if you followed the front page link.

I'll try again later.

Yes, they are on the home page and it takes a couple of drop down menus to get to it from the main header.

I've been trying to find a place to knock out my ME commercial add on with no luck. Wish they were closer. I did find another school in Boise, but that would include a weekend and hotel stay. Will wait and see what I find in VA when we move this summer.

Cheers,
Brian

Why do you need to build it? In my day we needed about 1000 hrs multi to move to the regionals. Today I think that's close to 5 hours.

All of the part 91 jobs I've been looking at have been telling me they want 100 multi... :dunno:

Brian

Buy a Cri-Cri? With the right one, you could even log turbine time.

All of the part 91 jobs I've been looking at have been telling me they want 100 multi... :dunno:

I'd guess it is because you're shopping for a part 91 job? Also, for what it's worth, they're likely asking for 100 hours because that's what their insurer wants. That requirement may change once the employer switches insurance companies or runs out of suitable candidates for the job.

From what I've heard, it doesn't sound like the typical part 135 or 121 operators are asking for that much ME time.

Hi Guys,
I need to build around 100 multi-engine hours. Does anyone know of a good cheap place anywhere in the USA that I can rent a twin for 100 hours? I want to fly it off in under a month. Preferably all pic time. Any recommendations?
How did you guys build your multi time?
Are you hoping to get hired somewhere professionally ? Because if you are this would be about the LEAST impressive method for gaining this time.

Yes, they are on the home page and it takes a couple of drop down menus to get to it from the main header.

I've been trying to find a place to knock out my ME commercial add on with no luck. Wish they were closer. I did find another school in Boise, but that would include a weekend and hotel stay. Will wait and see what I find in VA when we move this summer.

Cheers,
Brian

We have a CFI and baron owner that have a two-day ME program where you fly for a day and a half and take your checkride the afternoon of the second day. Iirc, it is 3695.

I did mapping in a C-320. But I wasn't exactly trying to build time for anything else. It was my job. When I ended up getting another job I had about 2,000+ hours in it.

Did you fly for a federal agency? I knew a woman who flew for the gov't and did mapping in an OV-10.

Did you fly for a federal agency? I knew a woman who flew for the gov't and did mapping in an OV-10.
No, we had government contracts, but I always worked for private sector companies.

It is a small world ya know. :blush: :smilewinkgrin:
I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with ATC negotiating the areas we needed to work in, but that was mostly with Denver TRACON and Denver Center.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with ATC negotiating the areas we needed to work in, but that was mostly with Denver TRACON and Denver Center.

I think it was because they gave you a number to call after you landed myself! ;)

Doing my multi add-on now, just east of Dallas at KTRL. $2K. Checkride Saturday. Dual Seneca time wet for $270 afterwards.

Back