[NA] The Heart Attack Grill

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
I found our next POA fly-in destination!

Do you have to self ground for a period of time after eating there until the risk of a coronary passes?

Do you have to self ground for a period of time after eating there until the risk of a coronary passes?
Best to check with your AME before eating there. One of those meals could cause your Medical to be revoked!

Good question.

FAA medical is always concerned anout the potential for "sudden incapacitation"

I think if you can remain conscious during the entire preflight waddle out to the ramp and around the plane, your self grounding period was long enough.

I think if you can remain conscious during the entire preflight waddle out to the ramp and around the plane, your self grounding period was long enough.
The food coma sometimes takes 30-60 minutes to kick in.

I know what my Doc (and AME) will say.
I know what mine would say too.

“You’re young Ryan, and you’ve got a fast metabolism. Go and get waited on by those cute waitresses and enjoy yourself!”

I know what mine would say too.

“You’re young Ryan, and you’ve got a fast metabolism. Go and get waited on by those cute waitresses and enjoy yourself!”

Mine told me I could eat 2 slices of bread a day! A ****ing day! I still get me a Jimmy Johns once in awhile though. ;)

Cafe up the street from me has an 8lb burger, I assume that's all in, not just the meat. Only $36. http://www.thenewportcafe.com/

Of course you'd have to borrow a crew car to get there from the airport, and the crew ambulance to get back.

Mine told me I could eat 2 slices of bread a day! A ****ing day! I still get me a Jimmy Johns once in awhile though. ;)
That burger bun counts as 2 slices, right? You're good to go!

I gotta tell you... I love a good burger and all that, but watching the first minute or so of that made me a little nauseous. And it's got nothing to do with having had one MI and two stents.

Good question.

FAA medical is always concerned anout the potential for "sudden incapacitation"

Hmmm.... you may be right. Though I was thinking of popping a couple extra Lipitors just to be safe.

I'm not a shining beacon of healthy eating, but that place seems like it tries to be unhealthy just for the sake of being unhealthy.

I'm not a shining beacon of healthy eating, but that place seems like it tries to be unhealthy just for the sake of being unhealthy.
It's in Vegas, aka "Sin City". Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. What more needs to be said?

Did anyone watch the video? The spokesman died at 29 years old!! Holy crap!!

It's in Vegas, aka "Sin City". Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. What more needs to be said?

I'd rather use my gluttony token on a big plate of Italian food than on a crappy novelty size burger. Or on someone named Lisa who is a single mom and has certain skills....

I'd rather use my gluttony token on a big plate of Italian food than on a crappy novelty size burger. Or on someone named Lisa who is a single mom and has certain skills....
That second one would be lust. But sounds like Vegas isn't quite your place for sloth, greed, pride, or envy either. I think that city has had its share of wrath, though. :(

Back