[NA]how far people will go for 1 second hall of fame...[NA]

How about shoot the book first?

3cd8a33a.png

Well, that's true stupidity.

Hint: professional stunt people in the movies don't use live ammunition. I wonder why.

I wonder if idiots like that might buy 6PC's Medical Simulator.

How about shoot the book first?

3cd8a33a.png
How about following the gun safety rules which include this one: never point a gun at anything you don't want to shoot.

I've observed many folks who don't take this rule to heart. I just try to leave the area when I see them. It's tough for me to shoot at a public range.

How about following the gun safety rules which include this one: never point a gun at anything you don't want to shoot.

I've observed many folks who don't take this rule to heart. I just try to leave the area when I see them. It's tough for me to shoot at a public range.

:yeahthat: +1 Muzzle awareness is often lacking at a range.

At least get a bulletproof vest... or even just a metal plate to put under your shirt.

:yeahthat: +1 Muzzle awareness is often lacking at a range.
Not just at a range. Having been to the West Bank a couple of times I can confirm that the children of the IDF have no muzzle discipline either.

Not just at a range. Having been to the West Bank a couple of times I can confirm that the children of the IDF have no muzzle discipline either.
Maybe they just wanted to kill you?

They WERE following this rule! They wanted to shoot the book!

Darwin lives on...

Over the course of history Darwin has lost some credence. Sure, survival of the fittest was appropriate in it's time. Does that still apply to those of superior physical capability after
Sam Colt engineered something to counteract physical prowess? His invention gave all an equal chance of surviving. Physical aggression needs to be countered, and those of lesser physical ability are entitled to the right of self defense whether by muscularity or the right to take use a defensive weapon whether the sword or a firearm.

At the risk of being called ponderous to an organization I submit that the physically frail have the right to sefl defense and should not be left at the mercy of criminals who have no respect for the law.

Over the course of history Darwin has lost some credence. Sure, survival of the fittest was appropriate in it's time. Does that still apply to those of superior physical capability after
Sam Colt engineered something to counteract physical prowess? His invention gave all an equal chance of surviving. Physical aggression needs to be countered, and those of lesser physical ability are entitled to the right of self defense whether by muscularity or the right to take use a defensive weapon whether the sword or a firearm.

At the risk of being called ponderous to an organization I submit that the physically frail have the right to sefl defense and should not be left at the mercy of criminals who have no respect for the law.
Survival of the fittest just means who can make the most babies before they die. Dumb people are usually pretty good at that.

When I heard about this while getting ready for work this morning, it was a passing reference, morning news on the tv, and I assumed it was run if the mill stupidity... maybe a 9mm or a .22.

It was a freakin' Desert Eagle. .50 caliber. A hand cannon.

Unbelievable. Moronic.

When I heard about this while getting ready for work this morning, it was a passing reference, morning news on the tv, and I assumed it was run if the mill stupidity... maybe a 9mm or a .22.

It was a freakin' Desert Eagle. .50 caliber. A hand cannon.

Unbelievable. Moronic.

WHAT???? I didn't notice that... so which book (that they tried on before) blocked a .50 cal? encyclopedia Britannica from a mile away?

Nothing like using one of the most powerful handguns in existence to try their experiment.

How about following the gun safety rules which include this one: never point a gun at anything you don't want to KILL.

Fixed it for you.

Nothing like using one of the most powerful handguns in existence to try their experiment.

Fixed it for you.
You mean the crew served Desert Eagle?

As for the correction, I've heard many variations. Just decided to keep it simple for this crowd of one eyebrowed mouth breathers.

Over the course of history Darwin has lost some credence. Sure, survival of the fittest was appropriate in it's time. Does that still apply to those of superior physical capability after Sam Colt engineered something to counteract physical prowess? His invention gave all an equal chance of surviving. Physical aggression needs to be countered, and those of lesser physical ability are entitled to the right of self defense whether by muscularity or the right to take use a defensive weapon whether the sword or a firearm.

Totally agree with what you are saying, but I think John was referring to "The Darwin Awards". It's a huge list of people, without children, getting themselves killed, in the most inconceivably idiotic of ways.

WHAT???? I didn't notice that... so which book (that they tried on before) blocked a .50 cal? encyclopedia Britannica from a mile away?
Jesus what idiot would do this?! I fired a Desert eagle once and about broke my wrists. Some people just shouldn't be allowed* to own a Gun...

Last edited:
Jesus what idiot would do this?! I fired a Desert eagle once and about broke my wrists. Some people just shouldn't be aloud to own a Gun...
Well the Desert Eagle is loud...

Halstad is kind of boring.

Not boring enough to spice up your day by getting shot at.

In an interesting bit of trivia, there is a bank in Halstad that specializes on loans for small aircraft.

Maybe if they had actually read some books rather than shooting them, they would have learned that doing such a thing is pretty darn stupid.

Whoa. Explain that one to the kids, mommy.

I'm sad for the children, but that's a couple of flippin morons.

Whoa. Explain that one to the kids, mommy.

I'm sad for the children, but that's a couple of flippin morons.
Morons or meth-heads...maybe there's no difference.

Last edited:

The DA was quoted as saying that's exactly what they used. Hardcover encyclopedia.

That .50 probably punched a decent hole in him and I'm going to guess the exit wound out his other side also wasn't pretty.

The more amazing part to me is that neighbors gathered outdoors to watch, and not a single one had enough sense (or firearms knowledge) to know to put a stop to it.

I'd have been right up in her face...

SMH. One neighbor said he stood behind a tree and then watched and then "just had to leave because it was so sad."

You think, Sherlock? Brilliant.

There's videos on the Internet of how many of this or that (often phone books) a .50 DE will go through and ballistics gel experiments with them. For effs sake! All they had to do was Google to realize it would be plenty of people extraction to kill him.

They probably laid the book they tested with, flat on the ground. Sigh.

The more amazing part to me is that neighbors gathered outdoors to watch, and not a single one had enough sense (or firearms knowledge) to know to put a stop to it.

I'd have been right up in her face...

SMH. One neighbor said he stood behind a tree and then watched and then "just had to leave because it was so sad."

You think, Sherlock? Brilliant.
And that right there is the big point.

It adds fodder to the gun control argument, and the argument that people are not responsible so we need more laws.

And that right there is the big point.

It adds fodder to the gun control argument, and the argument that people are not responsible so we need more laws.

I thought it just proved that the neighbors were also morons. And certain areas of the country don't shoot much anymore. I can't imagine any of my neighbors not putting a stop to it... we've all seen what a .50 Desert Eagle will do, live and in person, to inanimate things. Most of us have been first to the range and thus, required to be the range safety officer until someone else showed up who wanted to do it. Until then, first to the range controls the flag and the firing line.

Back