NA... Boomers ... NA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boomers have become risk averse to almost anything. We are searching for, and attempting to legislate utopia for our little darling offspring.

What they needed is a little more freedom to get dirty, and upset, and face adversity in childhood.

As for the financial aspect of it, we are no different than the prev generations wanting more, and more, and more, and giving most of it to our kids. While they sit in the basement, playing Doom-17, or whatever version is out now. Couch-surfing, in front of a blaring TV, with the laptop covered in Dorito's. Overweight, pasty, angry, and pointing at everyone else but themselves for their lot in life.

Ya know the millenials might take your advice get off the couch and fix their lot in life. Doing so will mean killing off boomers. You guys still cheer them on for fixing their ****? Be funny to watch

You are making me look like a sunshine and butterflies pollyanna.

First, do you understand that having advantages doesn't mean that there aren't problems to be addressed?
But, what does the next generation have that people growing up in the 50's didn't....

Medical advances. Think about cancer detection and treatments available now that didn't exist years ago. Consider microsurgery. Simple examples, think about the benefits of Kyphoplasty. Hospitals stays aren't shorter today just because mean beancounters are forcing patients out - time in the hospital can be shortened because treatments are much less invasive. I'm sure various medical professional can add simple things from their areas of expertise.

This is one of the problems. People are living too long and cost exponentially more to keep alive the longer they do. Couple that with the fact that 1/2 of the boomers have no real savings to speak of... Guess who's holding the bill for that one?

Technology. Weather satellites are much much better than the first generation of SVs. Weather forecasting is much improved. Technology for sharing information and accessing information. Today you can get entire libraries on a DVD or just access it via the interweb. Communication technology. Airbags, ABS, other safety capabilities available to people who want them.

Think about glass cockpits available to even us bugsmashers as well as the other comm/nav/surv capabilities. Think about the improved SAR technology we have.

This is great, unfortunatley most us Gen Xers and younger cannot eat glass cockpits.

Space Exploration (though I wonder if we as a species will really have the vision to move off of this planet)
I can't eat spaceships either... not that we have a working one.

Dispite the work that remains (and people working still working against it), race relations have in fact improved.

It's likely that taking things for granted is a characteristic of every generation.

I'm not taking anything for granted. I work in the tech industry. If it weren't for a booming tech industry over the baby boomer's run. We'd be in a lot more pain now. Though the groundwork for the tech industry pre-dates the boomers.

I'm talking about the overall economy, debt and handouts, spending, available jobs, draconian laws etc..

This crap.

320px-Social_Security_Worker_to_Beneficiary_Ratio.png

640px-US_Federal_Outlay_and_GDP_linear_graph.svg.png

This is one of the problems. People are living too long and cost exponentially more to keep alive the longer they do. Couple that with the fact that 1/2 of the boomers have no real savings to speak of... Guess who's holding the bill for that one?

Are you seriously complaining that people live longer? What kind of sick ******* are you?

This is great, unfortunatley most us Gen Xers and younger cannot eat glass cockpits.

Technology also improves the efficiency of farming. Less work is required to produce more food. That's something you can eat.

But I'm sure you'll find more to complain about rather than recognizing improvements that have been made.

I'm not taking anything for granted. I work in the tech industry. If it weren't for a booming tech industry over the baby boomer's run. We'd be in a lot more pain now. Though the groundwork for the tech industry pre-dates the boomers.

I'm talking about the overall economy, debt and handouts, spending, available jobs, draconian laws etc..

This crap.

If you are going to ***** about the deficit spending, then why do young people keep voting for the politicians that promise them the most free stuff. It was the youth vote that put Obama over the top. And he is doubling down on all the things you are whining about. So just like every other generation, you are espousing greed at every opportunity.

And why do you participate in an expensive hobby like flying an airplane if you are having problems affording something to eat?
Because you are just as greedy and wanting of immediate gratification as anyone. And probably more because you have had everything handed to you up until the time you became an ignorant, self absorbed and entitlement minded adult whiner.

Are you seriously complaining that people live longer? What kind of sick ******* are you?
No, I hope you intentially missed the point to in order to fake some outrage.

I'm complaining that people are living longer and cannot afford it so they expect the working folks to keep their bills paid. Like I said earlier, I'm fully willing to let the Boomer's live with their life's decisions. But they have lots of free time and show up at the polls on election day at a ratio of 2:1 to make sure someone else is paying their bills. My grandmother is 95 years old (not a boomer), is in a nice retirement home (aka not cheap). Grandpa ran a small 2 pump service station his entire life, grandma stayed at home. She has enough money in the bank to stay there another 50 years.

Technology also improves the efficiency of farming. Less work is required to produce more food. That's something you can eat.

But I'm sure you'll find more to complain about rather than recognizing improvements that have been made.

And less jobs, but more for illegals... another invention of Boomers.

If you are going to ***** about the deficit spending, then why do young people keep voting for the politicians that promise them the most free stuff. It was the youth vote that put Obama over the top. And he is doubling down on all the things you are whining about. So just like every other generation, you are espousing greed at every opportunity.

And why do you participate in an expensive hobby like flying an airplane if you are having problems affording something to eat?
Because you are just as greedy and wanting of immediate gratification as anyone. And probably more because you have had everything handed to you up until the time you became an ignorant, self absorbed and entitlement minded adult whiner.

Uhhh. The boomers go to the polls at a rate of 2:1 over my age group. To make sure the money keeps coming to them.

Look at the biggest piece of this pie and tell me who's voting for handouts?

800px-Fy2010_spending_by_category.jpg

This crap.

Yet Millennials voted overwhelmingly for Obama and his 8 trillion in deficit spending. What the hell is wrong with you and your ilk?

Yet Millennials voted overwhelmingly for Obama and his 8 trillion in deficit spending. What the hell is wrong with you and your ilk?

I'm Gen X.

Mellennials are young and dumb and bought onto the "hope and change" thinking they might get some of their money back from the Boomers who are taking and spending it all, then borrowing what they can't take. :rofl:

One of the funniest conversations I ever had was with a college girl in the parking lot at the feed store. She started to lecture me about my big pick-up, (uses too much diesel), my choice of only buying things not made in communist countries, and where they employ child slave labor, (which I was lectured, disenfranchises the poor refuse of those nations), and MY generations wars and racist history.

She bragged about how small she kept her carbon footprint, how sensitive she was about those less fortunate, and how much better her generation was because they weren't raping the planet in the name of consumerism.

OH

and she proudly stated she was a vegetarian because she couldn't bring herself to eat animals.

SO...

I pointed out her apple iPad, made by people as close to slaves as it gets, with out actually being slaves, little, expensive, BMW, which cost more than ten families in the ghetto will make this year, LEATHER BELT, PURSE AND SHOES, made from "murdered" cows, and and asked her when was the last time she raised, harvested, planted, butchered, or caught anything she ate, or gave away to be eaten by those "less fortunate" she was babbling about.

"It's Ok," I said. "Those of us who ACTUALLY did something, say, 'you're welcome.'

That was one ****ed off, little twit.

It's too late now. No one looks long term, it was all about the now, not realizing that their customer base eroded. And they caused the erosion. But they got theirs so who cares. I'm weird, I'm an altruistic capitalist.

:cheerswine:

I find it interesting that so many young who complain about how the boomers are bigoted have no problem with painting a entire generation with one broad stroke of the brush. There is the minor issue that the youngest boomer is now 51 so it's the next generation that is making many of the laws and rules that control our lives.

Yes, because when good men do nothing, they are guilty the same as the bad actors.

The 111th Congress, which took office in 2009, was the oldest in U.S. history,
with an average age of 57 in the House and 63 in the Senate

What's your point? Think you young pups could do better while still thinking with the wrong head? You don't have to be old to screw up.

It's too late now. No one looks long term, it was all about the now, not realizing that their customer base eroded. And they caused the erosion. But they got theirs so who cares. I'm weird, I'm an altruistic capitalist.

Not weird, and not just altruistic. You're also more perceptive than most people.

Rich

The whiners, crying about us evil people who gave them EVERYTHING, are doing **** about any of it, other than whining like the pathetic jackasses they are imitating.

The younger generation has obama and occupy wall street as their legacy, and they lecture us? obama is a parasitic leech, worshipped by the gen X clods, and occupy wall street unmasked them as lazy, stupid, pathetic, weak, and terribly selfish.

What a great legacy, you all.

11406857_696831003756470_4207507579749502334_n.jpg

what a bunch of maroons...

Last edited:
The young voted in Obama so we could get ocare death panels and put fat parasitic boomers out of our way.

This thread reminds me of the criticisms my generation had for the previous one.

This thread reminds me of the criticisms my generation had for the previous one.

And that might have been the first thing they were wrong about. At least you boomers are consistent.

What's your point? Think you young pups could do better while still thinking with the wrong head? You don't have to be old to screw up.

That was a response to someone claiming that boomers were not the people in office these days.

But yeah, it wouldn't take much to do better than the clown show running the place now.

The whiners, crying about us evil people who gave them EVERYTHING, are doing **** about any of it, other than whining like the pathetic jackasses they are imitating.

The younger generation has obama and occupy wall street as their legacy, and they lecture us? obama is a parasitic leech, worshipped by the gen X clods, and occupy wall street unmasked them as lazy, stupid, pathetic, weak, and terribly selfish.

muuuuuhhhhaahahhahhaa! That's a great pic. I do wish there were more adults in the boomer population. Trying to not go political about it, but most on the right have no problem severing the knot when it's time. Can't say that about the left.

I live how quick everybody is to talk money. Let's face it: my generation ( Gen Y and younger), generally does not care about money or material things except what they let us do.

OTOH, the freedom to screw up and start over? Or at least not have it be a millstone for the rest of our lives? Kinda important.

As an extreme example, two children were found playing doctor at a local school. One parent honestly tried to get sex assault charges filed against the 5y/o and his mother. This kid was literally at risk of have a permanent criminal record in kindergarten.

Does this peg anybody else's WTF meter?

Last edited:
I live how quick everybody is to talk money. Let's face it: my generation ( Gen Y and younger), generally does not care about money or material things except what they let us do.

OTOH, the freedom to screw and start over? Or at least not have it be a millstone for the rest of our lives? Kinda important.

As an extreme example, two children were found playing doctor at a local school. One parent honestly tried to get sex assault charges filed against the 5y/o and his mother. This kid was literally at risk of have a permanent criminal record in kindergarten.

I doubt that mother was a boomer.

I doubt that mother was a boomer.

No, but the laws put in place to allow those sort of charges were put in place by (people who were voted in by):

Baby Boomers
Gen X'ers
Gen Y'ers
Millienials

You can answer. It's OK.

You left retirement off your little picture.

I think the silliest complaint about old folks is that they vote too much. The younger generation should be complaining about their peers for not exercising their right to vote.

I think the silliest complaint about old folks is that they vote too much. The younger generation should be complaining about their peers for not exercising their right to vote.
If their peers voted more we would be in worse shape than we are.

It's not a complaint, it's an observation. People out workign for a living don't have the free time to stop by the polls. Now I know all about the laws, but I also know about deadlines and reality.

But, I suspect if we start cutting Milleneals a check for $1,300 a month on average, they'll be lining up at the polls too in order to keep the money train running.

Heck, the polls around here are like a convention for retirees. It's sad to see them there. They MUST go give their masters what they want...votes. So sad to see them held captive by politicians.

Last edited:
So I guess boomers created social security too?

Nope, but they didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Didn't have enough kids to keep it going, have raided it, and will soon milk it dry. Oh, and they're living longer than expected with no means to pay for their extended life span and are therefore exceptionally dependent on SS.

I love that the boomers scream that politicans promised them that SS would be there for the taking and they believe that. But for some reason they're not supposed to belive the part where they were told not to depend on it.

Last edited:

I have to doubt that based on the conversations I've had with your cohorts at the state uni. Most of them seem to care -- and complain -- more about money than about everything else combined.

They believe they're being screwed money-wise, and they're right. But it's not a particular generation that's doing it to them. I will leave it at that lest I kick this into SZ, whither I venture not these days.

OTOH, the freedom to screw up and start over? Or at least not have it be a millstone for the rest of our lives? Kinda important.

I agree. I believe that all criminal records should be sealed after a specified period of time with no offenses following a person's completion of their sentence. I'd say a year for misdemeanors, five years for non-violent felonies, 10 years for violent felonies in general, and 15 years for murder, sex offenses, and kidnapping, sound about right.

I also think that all criminal laws, including existing ones, should sunset if not re-authorized every five years. We have altogether too many laws. I would start by deleting every reference to marijuana from federal law.

That parent was almost certainly not a boomer, but a Gen X'r. The judge who apparently dismissed the charge was more likely to be a boomer.

Rich

I'm about to retire with a nest egg sufficient to support me to infinity, and NO debt.
So I think I am going to take every $ I get from social security and spend it on booze and parties and I will thank each and every one of you young people for being so generous.

I'm about to retire with a nest egg sufficient to support me to infinity, and NO debt.
So I think I am going to take every $ I get from social security and spend it on booze and parties and I will thank each and every one of you young people for being so generous.

It's not really generosity when the reality is prison if you don't pay.

No, but the laws put in place to allow those sort of charges were put in place by (people who were voted in by):

Baby Boomers
Gen X'ers
Gen Y'ers
Millienials

You can answer. It's OK.

Not really. There's no specific law that says you can't arrest a newborn for assaulting his mother by grabbing her nipple. It's just common sense not to do so.

Rich

After this thread, that will make it even more special.

Just keep in mind over there in the SZ when you guys are going on one of your rants about handouts that you're by far recieving the biggest slice.

Ya know the millenials might take your advice get off the couch and fix their lot in life. Doing so will mean killing off boomers. You guys still cheer them on for fixing their ****? Be funny to watch

I vote with the Soilent Majority!

To you poor disadvantaged young folks..... You have options. Leave. Honestly, go do some traveling. It might help you understand how lucky you are and ease your self-pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back