[N/A] Snow Day!!

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
Anyone else enjoying a snow day this weekend?

We got about an 1" at my apartment yesterday morning so I got the day off!! Our college is extremely rural so any snow beyond a dusting closes the campus.

Sadly I didn't get to go driving in it as it melted off the roads fairly quickly.

One whole inch!? I've been off since the 4th. Don't have to go back to work until the 10th at night. I'm enjoying this snow day.

One whole inch!? I've been off since the 4th. Don't have to go back to work until the 10th at night. I'm enjoying this snow day.

How did you swing that many days off? The most I ever got was 5 when I forgot to bid one month. I averaged 2.5.

Yep! Growing up I've had snow days for just the threat of snow that turned into rain!

Last edited:
How did you swing that many days off? The most I ever got was 5 when I forgot to bid one month. I averaged 2.5.

Yep! Growing up I've had snow days for just the threat of snow that turned into rain!
Not sure how I get all these days off lol. I have a very simple bid. Ever since I've started, I've been averaging 14-16 days off a month. I actually got off for my vacation this month too. I begged scheduling to give me off from the 12-16 and they gave me off from the 11-17. I'm not complaining!

IMG_2418.JPG I wish. Working overtime. Had about 3 " at the house this AM.

North Denver got 12"! That was Thursday and Fri night. The powder in the mountains is MONSTROUS!

Dealing with a fun little blizzard today. Managed to get some errands in before it got too bad, only 2-3 inches by the time I got home, but a lot more coming down now. Enjoying it now, but definitely won't be when digging out in the morning.

California getting hit with a blizzard in the mountains and its headed east. Here we go again.

Southeast of Denver, we only got a couple inches on Thursday/Friday, and that is nothing.

Had a couple inches, school was postponed for 2 hours Friday. Now all we got is mud.

Had barely enough to cover the ground. My 2 year old Sheltie dog didn't know WTF it was and failed to do her morning duty, with the friggin' wind chill at 6*. Took her out later, same result, and finally later on third attempt she got it done. Wind blowing like crazy.

We got at least 7 inches here in Norfolk and it's still snowing. My reserve drill weekend got cancelled, so it's a pleasant weekend snow day for me.

Southeast of Denver, we only got a couple inches on Thursday/Friday, and that is nothing.

And yet the transplants still closed a bunch of schools and whatnot. And Denver City and County announced they'll start sending out pickup truck plows to sidestreets now whenever there's more than 6" of snow instead of 12".

Town is turning into a bunch of pansies. Seriously.

The estimate was $25,000 a day to run the cute little crap plows. Guess it's cheaper than buying a couple more real ones. LOL.

Funnier yet, only Denver does that silliness. The 'burbs still don't plow side streets and never will get sucked into that stupidity. Denver gets all the noobs who don't know their Smartcars won't do too well in snow. Haha. Then they have to react to the complaints... or think they do, anyway. Ha.

About an inch and a half here this AM.

And yet the transplants still closed a bunch of schools and whatnot. And Denver City and County announced they'll start sending out pickup truck plows to sidestreets now whenever there's more than 6" of snow instead of 12".

Town is turning into a bunch of pansies. Seriously.

The estimate was $25,000 a day to run the cute little crap plows. Guess it's cheaper than buying a couple more real ones. LOL.

Funnier yet, only Denver does that silliness. The 'burbs still don't plow side streets and never will get sucked into that stupidity. Denver gets all the noobs who don't know their Smartcars won't do too well in snow. Haha. Then they have to react to the complaints... or think they do, anyway. Ha.

Snow day? :confused: o_O I wish. Out this way it's 0 F right now and we are having our second consecutive snow month.

Tough to keep the Tesla from high centering if you don't clean those side streets DP. :rolleyes:
$25k per day to run a pick-up with a blade? Holy snowball Batman! :eek:

Snow? I know not of this thing you come from together with. :cool:

Snow day? :confused: o_O I wish. Out this way it's 0
Tough to keep the Tesla from high centering if you don't clean those side streets DP. :rolleyes:
$25k per day to run a pick-up with a blade? Holy snowball Batman! :eek:

LOL. That's for a small fleet of them.

Got a dusting about 1100 or so. It was gone by 1400. My son, two hours away in the Upstate, got five inches. Better him than me!

This is the first real snow event that I've been through since I moved from Socal. So far so good - I did some hiking today through the snow with the temps in the mid 20s, and felt pretty comfortable the entire time. Apparently the shopping I did for cold weather gear was a success.

Yeah yeah I know, you guys from up in Alaska (or wherever) aren't impressed, but I'm doing pretty well for a boy from Seal Beach!

Anyone else enjoying a snow day this weekend?

We got about an 1" at my apartment yesterday morning so I got the day off!! Our college is extremely rural so any snow beyond a dusting closes the campus.

Sadly I didn't get to go driving in it as it melted off the roads fairly quickly.
How sad for your area, errr, so happy for you!

If 1 inch of snow stopped the north like it does the south we wouldn't get mail from November till April.

Unfortunately, given the nature of my job, even when it's extreme enough for the Governor to tell people to stay home, I still have to go in. I don't mind, though, unless it's ice. Ice sucks.

If 1 inch of snow stopped the north like it does the south we wouldn't get mail from November till April.

They completely loose it in Ar. I just moved from the Litle Rock area and its a complete shut down if flakes fall.

We have about a foot on the ground. I have been off since the 15th and don't go back till the 17 or 18. I could care less what the weather is like outside. Enjoying my time off. Just installed a new kitchen sink, faucet and all that jazz. Got a new kitchen aid mixer from Santa so I have some pizza dough sitting on the table waiting for me to decorate with pizza fixins.

Getting difficult to drive.

Window freezing over every couple of miles.

White out on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got about 2.5" - 3" here in SC Oklahoma. Decent little snow for us, but I was disappointed that it stopped. Alas, natural gas doesn't stop coming down the pipe when it snows, so no snow day for me. I'm just glad we didn't get the usual 1/2 coat of freezing rain followed by a 1/2 inch of sleet before the snow started falling. It was straight, light snow for once. It was almost like dry Colorado snow here instead of heavy, wet stuff as usual. Pretty easy to drive on. Very nice.

Stunningly clear & beautiful but cold here; huge high pressure, alt settings 3060's. Had to preheat.

Had a little snow here in Fort Worth. Just enough to ice bridges. Guy almost rear ended me because he was going too fast and was too close on a bridge. He chose the guardrail instead of my bumper.

Here in Lower Alabama, the cold front was bearing down on us with mixed precipitation and sub-freezing temps. Schools were closed yesterday, and the plant shut down at 2:30 Friday and cancelled 2nd shift (no 3rd shift or weekend work was scheduled). Schools were closed on Friday. Just after lunch, the county declared that all county roads and bridges were impassable by 6:00 PM. When I went to bed around 2300, the temp was 34°F and we had had a few minutes of pin-head-sized snow flakes with zero accumulation.

Most of the day was mixed rain and drizzle with occasional no precip as tips fell through the 40s and 30s.

When I woke up this morning to clear skies, it was 20°F and the remaining scattered droplets on my deck were frozen, and the door mat was frozen to the deck. Roads were as clear as the skies . . .

What can I say, the Deep South ain't equipped or mentally prepared for snowfall of any amount.

Here in Lower Alabama, the cold front was bearing down on us with mixed precipitation and sub-freezing temps. Schools were closed yesterday, and the plant shut down at 2:30 Friday and cancelled 2nd shift (no 3rd shift or weekend work was scheduled). Schools were closed on Friday. Just after lunch, the county declared that all county roads and bridges were impassable by 6:00 PM. When I went to bed around 2300, the temp was 34°F and we had had a few minutes of pin-head-sized snow flakes with zero accumulation.

Most of the day was mixed rain and drizzle with occasional no precip as tips fell through the 40s and 30s.

When I woke up this morning to clear skies, it was 20°F and the remaining scattered droplets on my deck were frozen, and the door mat was frozen to the deck. Roads were as clear as the skies . . .

What can I say, the Deep South ain't equipped or mentally prepared for snowfall of any amount.

Yup. And next week back up into the 70s! :yes:

Had a little snow here in Fort Worth. Just enough to ice bridges. Guy almost rear ended me because he was going too fast and was too close on a bridge. He chose the guardrail instead of my bumper.

Tell the truth, you were driving the speed limit in the left lane, correct? That indy car driver behind you had the only snow tires ever sold in North Texas and if he hit you it would be your fault.

Or not.

We've got about 2.5-3 feet now. Got 16 inches in 2 days, took them two days to get the ramps plowed... that's the worst part.

Tell the truth, you were driving the speed limit in the left lane, correct? That indy car driver behind you had the only snow tires ever sold in North Texas and if he hit you it would be your fault.

Or not.
Definitely not! Only one lane and I saw it coming so I slowed down. Charger in front of me became bambi with all brakes and no stop, saw the guy behind me coming and didn't have the traction or room to accelerate. Fun stuff. Fiance saw it happen from the apartment

We got about 2.5" - 3" here in SC Oklahoma. Decent little snow for us, but I was disappointed that it stopped. It was straight, light snow for once. It was almost like dry Colorado snow here instead of heavy, wet stuff as usual. Pretty easy to drive on. Very nice.

Yeah I was surprised about how dry it was. I haven't seen snow like that in a while. The 3" band that hit you went south of me across Central Arkansas.

It actually snowed more then they forecasted. They were saying only a dusting but apparently it picked up some more moisture over yall.

I was fully expecting to go the office Friday. I woke up to a text from my boss saying "Happy Snow Day" and a guy yelling at someone outside about the snow.

We got about 3" yesterday, and most of it is still here, but the roads are clear.

18 inches yesterday. A jackpot. Light and fluffy. Drifts to 3 feet. About 10 degrees right now. Winter just starting and I hate this already.

Back